Sweet Tinda Pickle Recipe – People usually prefer making the pickles out of mangoes and other vegetables, preferably lemon but in some parts of the country the Tinda pickle is equally popular. It is a round form of bottle gourd and is used in making spicy and tangy pickles. Here we have the tinda pickle, let’s check as to how one is being prepared and make on at your home by yourself. Simply bring in the required ingredients, follow the simple steps and then prepare and serve it to your family members and let them give you the feedback as to how the pickle is being prepared and as to how does it taste.
Serves: Fills up one medium sized bottle
- 1 and 1/4th kg of tinda
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder
- 8 teaspoons of mustard seeds (Rai/Sarson)
- 3 teaspoons of aniseeds
- 2 teaspoons of fenugreek seeds
- 2 cups of mustard oil
- 3 teaspoons of ground spices
- 60 grams of tamarind
- 2 teaspoons of ground ginger
- 2 onions
- 180 grams of jaggery
- 3 teaspoons of red chili powder
- ½ cup of salt or as per the requirement
- 1 cup of vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of black pepper or as per the requirement
How to prepare the spicy and tangy tinda pickle at home?
- Whenever we start preparing anything in the kitchen, make sure that you are using clean and healthy products as well as of good quality. Therefore, first, take a bowl and add the tindas in the bowl and add 4-5 cups of water in to it.
- Let the tinda be soaked in the water for 2-3 minutes such that they get cleared from the impurities. Rinse them under the running water if required. As soon as the tindas are washed, scatter and let them be dried on a piece of cloth.
- Once the tindas are dried, cut each of them into 4 pieces and then collect them in another bowl.
- On the other hand, take another bowl and add the tamarind along with vinegar and let it be soaked for some time.
- Now take a grinder and add in the garlic and onion and grind them finely. Once the garlics and onions are being grinded, put a pan over the flame and add in the oil. Let the oil be heated and thereon add the garlic and onion paste.
- Cook the paste until it turns golden brown and then add the ginger, red chili powder, and the tinda pieces into the pan. Mix all the ingredients well with each other and make sure that the tindas get coated with the mixture on all the sides.
- Now add in the spices, the mustard powder, salt, black pepper, jiggery and tamarind with vinegar, mix them and cook for another few minutes. Let the tindas be properly cooked and turn tender and that the mixture gets the same flavor and taste.
- Put the pan off the stove and let the mixture be cooled. After sometime, add the mixture in a clean and sterilized bottle and keep it under the sun for 3 days, ensuring that you will shake the bottle regularly.
- The pickle will be ready after 5 days, serve it along with your meals and enjoy.