Tinda Pickle Recipe – A vegetable popular in South Asia is almost said to be the rounded form of guard or apple gourd. Usually they are used in making pickles and make the amazing pickles. They are popular especially in the Indian society. They are cut and tossed into spices, prepared, cooked and then served to the family members. Let’s check as to how the pickle is being prepared and as to how it tastes. Simply bring in the ingredients and start preparing the pickle by yourself.
Serves: Fills up one medium sized bottle
- 1 kg of tinda
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder
- 4 teaspoons of mustard seeds
- 3 teaspoons of coriander powder
- 3 teaspoons of aniseed
- 2 teaspoons of fenugreek seeds
- 2 cups of mustard oil
- 2 teaspoons of red chili powder
- ½ cup of salt or as per the requirement
How to prepare the Sweet Tinda pickle at your homes?
- Firstly ensure that the food products and vegetables that you are using are clean and hygienic. Therefore, take the tindas in a bowl and add 4-5 cups of water into it and let the tindas be soaked in water for some time. This ensures that the tindas get cleaned form the impurities and that they are being properly washed. Rinse them under the running water if required.
- Once the tindas are being washed, scatter and then dry them over a piece of cloth.
- As soon as the tinda are being dried, cut them each into 4 pieces and gather all the pieces in a bowl.
- Now take a bowl or a pressure cooker, add 4-5 cups of water, half tablespoon of salt and the pieces of tinda into it. Boil the tindas for few minutes or until they turn tender.
- Once the tindas get boiled, transfer the water in another bowl keeping a strainer in between. Drain the tindas in the strainer and then collect them in another bowl.
- On the other hand, take a pan and put it over the flame. Add in the aniseeds, fenugreek and mustard seeds and roast them until they turn golden brown. Keep on stirring the mixture.
- Once the seeds are being roasted, add them in a grinder and grind all of them coarsely.
- Now take another bowl and add in the red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, ground ingredients and oil in it and mix them together well into a fine paste.
- Once the paste is ready, add in the boiled tindas and mix them well in the paste. Make sure that all the tindas are coated with the spice mixture.
- Make sure that the tindas are and the spice mixture is well mixed. Move this tinda pickle into a clean and sterilized bottle and keep the bottle aside for 6 days and ensure that you shake the bottle on regular basis such that the mixing takes place in the bottle.
- The pickle will be ready in a week and you can serve the pickle along with your meals and enjoy it.