Turnip Cauliflower Pickle Recipe – Usually people prefer having something tangy and spicy on their plates apart from their vegetables and normal belongings in your dish. Therefore, most of us do need pickles on our plates to decorate it as well as have a better third taste. Here we have the tulip and cauliflower pickle wherein the routine vegetables, the turnips and the cauliflowers are being transformed into yummy pickles and served. Let’s check as to how the pickle is being prepared and as to how it tastes. Simply bring in the ingredients at your home and start preparing the pickle whenever you are free.
Serves: Fills up one medium sized bottle
- 2 and ½ kg of vegetables (cauliflower, carrots and turnips)
- 1/4th cup of ginger
- ¾ cup of salt or as per the requirement
- 2 cups of vinegar
- 200 grams of jiggery
- 4 teaspoons of red chili powder
- 8 teaspoons of ground spices
- 3 cups of oil
- 6 teaspoons of mustard powder
- 25 cloves of garlic
How to prepare the cauliflower, carrot and turnip pickle at your homes?
- Whenever you start preparing any of the dishes at home, make sure that you initially clean the vegetables or the food products that are used are of good quality and that they are hygienic. Therefore, firstly, put all the vegetables, the cauliflower, the carrots and the turnips in the bowl and add water into it. Let the vegetables be soaked in water for some time such that they get cleared from the impurities and that they are cleaned properly.
- Once the vegetables are cleaned, scatter and dry them over a piece of cloth. Cut them into pieces, cauliflower into small pieces, carrots into long slices and turnips in round slices.
- Collect all the vegetables in a separate bowl.
- Now, take a bowl and boil water into it. Take the pan off the stove and then add the vegetables in the hot boiling water. Let them be soaked in the boiling water for 15-20 minutes and cover the bowl and keep it aside.
- After few minutes, drain the vegetables in a strainer and remove all the waters from them.
- On the other hand, take a pan and add oil into it. Heat oil until it turns smoky and let it be cooled for 2 minutes thereafter. Add in the garlic and ginger and fry them until they turn golden brown.
- Cook the mixture and then add ½ cup of water and cover the vessel with lid. Cook it until water is evaporated.
- Add all the other ingredients and the vegetables in the pan and mix them well. Make sure that the vegetables will be coated with the mixture on all sides. Cook the mixture until it releases oil.
- Let the mixture be cooled for some time and then add it into a clean and sterilized bottle.
- Keep the bottle under the sun for 8-10 day and make sure that you shake the bottle on regular basis.
- The pickle can be stored for 6 months and more, so serve it along with your meals and enjoy.