Turnip Pickle Recipe, Easy Homemade Turnip Pickle Recipe, How to Make Turnip Pickle Recipe, Recipe For Turnip Pickle Indian
Pickles are the most popular side dishes that one requires on their dishes while on their dining tables. All of us need a little of tanginess of pickles in their plates and that it makes the dish more appealing. Turnips make one of the best pickles and so here we have the recipe of turnip pickle. Let’s check as to how the turnip pickle is being prepared and as to how it tastes. Bring in the ingredients, mix the turnips in the spices and the mixture, cook and prepare through the methods and the pickle in ready in few minutes.
Serves: Fills up one medium sized bottle
- ½ kg of turnips
- 1 cup of mustard oil
- 15 cloves of the garlic
- 1 cup of vinegar
- 3/4th or 1 cup of sugar or as per the requirement
- 15 pieces of dry dates
- 6 teaspoons of seedless golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon of peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons of red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion seeds
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1/3rd up of salt or as per the requirement
How to prepare the turnip pickle at your homes?
- Firstly, make sure that the turnip are clean and hygienic as well as the other food products that you use are healthy. Therefore, add the turnips in a bowl first along with 2-3 cups of water and let them be soaked for few minutes. Clean them from the impurities and rinse them under the running water if required.
- Once the turnips are being washed, scatter and dry them on a piece of cloth.
- As soon as the turnips are dried, cut them into thick round slices or pieces, rub salt over them and collect them in bowl and keep the bowl aside for 8 hours.
- On the other hand, take a grinder and add in the spices along with the sugar. Grind them together and make a fine powder.
- Once the spices are grinded, remove it in a bowl and then add the dates and raisins along with the little of vinegar and grind them together in a fine paste.
- Take a pan and put it over the stove. Add oil in it and heat it. Add in the garlic and fry them until they turn golden brown. Once the garlic turns brown, add in the slated turnips an cook them together for a minute or two.
- Thereon, add the vinegar, the ground spices and sugar, the paste of the dates and raisins and mix all of them into a mixture. Make sure that all the turnip pieces are well coated with the mixture. Cook them until the oil is released and then put the flame off and let the mixture be cooled.
- As soon as it cools, add it into a clean and sterilized bottle and keep it under the sun for 6-7 days and shake it on regular basis.
- Serve the pickle after a week and enjoy it with your meals.