The greatest possession anyone could ever have while growing up was having a bicycle. Owning a bicycle gave a sense of freedom and it was the most important possession during our school days. With the passage of time, the appeal for owning and riding a bicycle has not diminished and experts are considering bicycling as a means to keep in shape and protect the environment as well. As such, a lot of companies have come up with different models and styles of cycles suited for a different purpose and it is quite confusing for a person to choose the bicycle of their dreams. To ease this choice we bring to you this article which details the 10 best bicycles/bikes in India along with an extensive buyer’s guide detailing the important factors you need to consider before choosing the best bicycle in India for your use.
10 Best bicycles/bikes in India – A buyer’s guide
The choice of the best bicycle in India depends upon the need and objective of the customer. Based on your needs and objectives we have answered the following questions for you.
What are your needs and usage as a cyclist?
This is the major factor to consider while deciding your choice for the best bicycle in India. After a detailed market analysis, usage as a cyclist can be roughly divided into 4 categories.
- For casual rides or for exercising near your home to remain fit – a Hybrid bicycle is a perfect fit
- Use for commuting to work or to school/colleges – Hybrid cycles are the choice as they are lighter than MTBs and more comfortable than Road bicycles
- For long distance travel – Road bicycles
- For off road riding – Mountain bikes or MTBs
Once you have identified what you need the bicycle for, world’s best bicycle brands will provide you with some of the best bicycle’s which we shall discuss in detail later in this article.
The cyclist’s height
Depending on your height you can decide the frame size of bicycle of your choice. Your height coupled with the inseam length (leg length) will determine the right frame size for you. Choosing a bicycle with right ride height will make the bicycle more comfortable to ride and reduce the risk on injuries too. Most of the e-commerce sites provide a guide chart for the ideal ride height for each of its models. If you are confused even after consulting the online guide, we suggest you head to your local bicycle store and try out different bicycles so you get an idea of the perfect ride height.
While considering the best bicycle for your needs, you need to check out the road conditions you will be using it for on a regular basis. Essentially you need to check whether
- You live in an area with steep climbs or declines like hilly areas. If yes then you need to buy a bike with gears.
- Is the road riddled with potholes and uneven to ride then a bicycle with suspensions should be your first choice.
This is the second most important thing you need to consider. How much money you need to spend to get the bicycle that perfectly fits your needs. While there are choices for bicycle with a varied price range, a higher budget enables you to get
- Comfort with better saddles which gives you a better ride height
- Good braking performance
- Better quality tyres increasing road grip
- Lighter frames for better performance
- Other essential components like suspensions
- Low maintenance costs
Knowing what you need the bicycle for will enable you to decide the budget for your bicycle easily.
Once you answer these questions, you will get an idea of what you need your bicycle for. Now that you have focused on your needs, we will draw your attention to the different types of bicycles that the best bicycle brands in the world and the best bicycle brands in India provide
Types of bicycles
Mountain bikes or MTBs
As the name suggests, these types of bikes are made specifically for tackling mountainous terrain, offshore tracks, rough surfaces, etc. These cycles have thick tyres for extra grip and usually straight handle bars and front suspension for a comfortable ride on rough surfaces. They are built in a macho look and are quite fun to ride. The only drawback is that they are heavier than road cycles and require much more effort to ride on a straight road.
These types of cycles are characteristic of slick tyres and drop handlebars. They are designed for smooth and well-paved roads. They are built for speed and efficiency. Some of the best brands in the world and best bicycle brands in India produce road bicycles that are super comfortable for touring purposes and extremely fast and efficient.
These types of cycles are crossovers of mountain and road bikes. They are built to tackle condition of both mountain bikes and road bikes. The saddles are padded and more comfortable, with thin tyres and straight handlebars. Variations of hybrid bicycles are available aimed at increasing the comfort level of the rider.
Now that we have covered the basic factors to consider before choosing a bike, we will now review the 10 best bicycles in India. This list will feature the models from some of the best bicycle brands in the world as well as models from some of the best bicycle brands in India.
10 best bicycles/bikes in India -Top 10 Review
We have divided our article into 3 sections of which in the first section we have talked about a quick buyer’s guide. In the second section we reviewed the top 10 models from one of the best bicycle brands in the world while at last we will answer some of the FAQs we came across while researching on the topic.
Urban Terrain UT1000 -10 Best Bicycles/Bikes in India
Urban Terrain is one of the best brands of bicycles in India producing some of the best bicycles in India as well. Here is a look at its features
- Urban Terrain is on the world’s best bicycle brands. It is also one of the best bicycle brands in India as it’s models (best bicycles in India) are built to tackle different kinds of terrains and roads too.
- This model from Urban Terrain (best bicycle in India) is exceptionally built with great looks and rides smoothly on all kinds of the surface making it one of the best bicycles in India from one of the best bicycle brands in India.
- This bike is equipped with a gear assembly for variable speeds depending on the surface you want to ride on (best bicycle under 10000).
- The bicycle is delivered in a semi-assembled condition. For installation, an Allen key and Spanner are provided with easy to read instructions in the box. All you have to do is to refer the instructions to assemble the gears and inflate the tyres and you are ready to go.
- The ride height is ideal for anyone about 11 years of age and has a minimum height of 5 feet 4 inches and a maximum height of 6 feet 2 inches for the rider. This makes it the best bicycle in India and also the best bicycle under 10000 as well.
- The wheel size is 27.5 inches reinforced with double-walled alloy rims. The frame size is 18 inches and it boasts of 21 gears installation feature.
- The most striking feature is you get all this comfort at a price less than 10000 making it the best bicycle in India and the best bicycle under 10000.
- With front and rear disc brakes and front suspension along with a rear stand and front or rear reflectors, this is definitely the best bicycle in India and also the best bicycle under 10000 in India.
Cosmic Eldorado Premium Edition -10 Best Bicycles/Bikes in India
Cosmic is one of the best bicycle brands in India and its models are taking over the fancy of the Indian population by storm. This particular model is an MTB and perhaps one of the best mountain bikes in India. Here is a look at its features
- This is one of the best bicycles in India which boasts of 21 gears assembly which further makes one of the best mountain bikes in India as well.
- The wheels are made of reinforced Henli double alloy with tire dimensions of 26 inches X 2.125 inches giving it an enhanced performance in terms of grip and stability. This is one of the best mountain bikes in India.
- The frame is made of steel with a size of 19.5 inches making it extremely sturdy for heavy-duty comfortable riding (best bicycle in India) and is, therefore, the best mountain bike in India as well.
Hero Sprint Next 24T 18 -10 Best Bicycles/Bikes in India
Hero cycles have been a part of the Indian home since as long as anyone can remember. As such this is the best bicycle brand in India producing some of the best bicycles in India. Owing to its popularity and reliability, Hero is perhaps considered to be one of the best bicycle brands in the World as well. This model from Hero is no such exception and is one of the best bicycles in India. With pricing below 10000, this is also one of the best bicycles under 10000 in India.
- This model is one the best mountain bikes in India and one of the best bicycles under 10000 in India.
- It comes in a semi-assembled form with Allen Key and spanner and a set of instructions. So just inflate the tyres and set up the gear assembly and you are good to go.
- With a tire and frame size of 17 inches and 18 speed gear assembly it is ideal for today’s youth and therefore one of the best mountain bikes in India at the moment (best bicycle under 10000 as well).
- Along with a sturdy build, this model supports the average rider with a minimum ride height of 4.2 feet and a maximum ride height of 4.7 feet. The calliper brakes at the front and rear ends perfectly complements the 18-speed gear assembly making it a complete joy to ride.
- Hero is one the best brand in India where along with the allen key and spanner, the standard equipment includes mudguard, stand and front/rear reflectors making this model one of the best mountain bikes in India (best bicycle under 10000 in India).
Hero Kyoto 26T Single Speed Mountain Bike -10 Best Bicycles/Bikes in India
Another entry from Hero in this list, this model shows that Hero has the interest of the Indian public at heart and provides models in all prices. This model is one of the best bicycles under 5000 in India from the best bicycle brand in India. Here is a look at its features.
- This model is delivered in semi-assembled condition with an allen key and spanner and an instruction manual for easy installation.
- This is also one of the best mountain bikes in India for a budget under 5000 making it one of the best bicycles in India under 5000.
- It is fit for people aged 11 years and over with a minimum ride height of 5ft. 4 inches and a maximum ride height of 5 ft 10 inches.
- This is one of the best bicycles under 5000 in India with a tire size of 26 inches and a frame size of 18 inches and V brake assembly for both front and rear tires. This makes it one of the best bicycles in India as well as one of the best mountain bikes in India at the moment.
- Along with the allen key and spanners, the box comes with front and rear reflectors to making it the best budget buy (best bicycle under 5000 in India).
Giant Escape 2 -10 Best Bicycles/Bikes in India
Giant is one of the world’s best bicycle brands and produces world-class models as well. This is one of the best bicycle brands in the world and this model from Giant is also one of the best bicycles in India. Here is a look at its features.
- This is one of the best bicycles in India and it is made of light weight frame owing to its aluminium alloy make making it one of the best sports bicycle/bike in India
- The tires are 28 inches and size and with 24 gears with seamless thumb shifter feature makes it one of the best sports bicycles/bikes in India from one the world’s best bicycle brand.
- To make the bike faster, it does not have any heavy disc brakes or suspension. This model is therefore the best sports bicycle /bike in India and it extremely fun to ride.
- The tyre is S X3-700×32 configuration with puncture protection.
- With an overall weight of only 12.37 kgs this is by far the best sports bicycle/bike in India.
Montra Trance Pro 700X35C 21 Speed Super Cycle -10 Best Bicycles/Bikes in India
If you are in the lookout for a fast bicycle then Montra is the best bicycle brand in India providing some of the best sports bicycles/bikes in India. This model is one the best bicycle in India and is built for speed with its light-weight frame and no-nonsense gearbox. Here are its features
- The cycle is delivered in semi-assembled condition and the gearbox needs to be assembled with the Allen key and spanners provided in the box with instructions. It also comes with front and rear reflector which needs to be attached.
- This is one of the best sports bicycles/bikes in India as its frame is made of aluminium alloy in 16 inches sizes.
- Retaining the title as one of the best bicycles in India, this model provides a fast 21-speed gear assembly with a minimum ride height of 4.8 feet and maximum ride height of 6.8 feet. The front and rear V brakes also complement the speed as they are light in nature.
- The pedals are alloy making them reliable and durable. The PU saddle is also height adjustable and super comfortable for riding.
Mach City Ibike, 26″ (Matt Black) -10 Best Bicycles/Bikes in India
Mach is one of the best bicycle brands in India and it provides some of the best bicycles in India. This model from Mach is one of the best bicycles in India for an everyday commute of long distances like 10-15 km. Here is a look at its features
- It’s a lightweight bike and does not come with any heavy brakes or suspension attachments. Hence this is one of the best sports bicycle/bike in India as well.
- This is also priced less than 10000 in India and is, therefore one of the best bicycles under 10000 in India.
- The tyre size is 26 inches. Coupled with a lightweight steel frame and 21 Shimano gear system this is one of the best sports bicycle/ bike in India.
- The front when and seat post comes with a quick-release system which eases maintenance.
- The bike comes with thermoplastic rubber handles which enables the user to grip longer without it getting sweaty thus providing a very comfortable handling and control experience.
- The pedals are made using Velodrive technology with the sole purpose of reducing strain while riding difficult areas. This means that riding this bicycle is pure pleasure. With all these features coming below 10000, this is the best bicycle under 10000 in India.
Btwin Riverside 900 Hybrid Bike -10 Best Bicycles/Bikes in India
Btwin is one of the best brands in the world which is gaining quite a momentum in India. As such, with its premium feature bicycles, this is fast becoming one of the best bicycle brands in India. Btwin boasts of some of the best bicycles in India. This model from Btwin is replete with features making it one of the best bicycles in India.
- This is an excellent hybrid bicycle. This means it gives excellent performance on smooth roads as well as on rough terrain like off-road trails.
- This has a VERSATILITY unisex frame making it easy to use for men and women both and comes equipped with Kevlar reinforced hybrid tyres.
- It is one of the best bicycles in India with an aluminium frame, double-walled aluminium rims and aluminium rims making it extremely lightweight which means it is one of the best sports bicycles/bikes in India as well.
- Coming with a 10-speed gear makes it an apt companion for rough terrain that involves off-road trails or a hill climb and therefore, it can also be considered as one of the best mountain bikes in India.
- Owing to its features as both an off-roader and city racer, it one of the best hybrid bicycles out there and therefore one of the best bicycles in India currently.
Hero Sprint Next 24T
The Sprint series from Hero boasts of some of the best bicycles in India and is therefore selling like hotcakes currently. This model from the bicycle brand in India comes with a lot of perks and is one of the best bicycles in India right now.
- The cycle is delivered in a semi-assembled form where you will only have to use the supplied Allen key and spanner to install the gear assembly and just pump up the tyres and you are good to go (best bicycle under 10000 in India).
- With a wheel size of 24 inches and frame size for 17 inches, this is the best choice for young people with a minimum ride height of 4 feet 2 inches and a maximum ride height of 4 feet 9 inches (best bicycles under 10000 in India).
- To ensure that you go fast this best bicycle in India is equipped with 18-speed gear assembly making it easy to go fast and the front and rear high-quality calliper brakes make it easier to control as well.
- All these features you can get at a price less than 10000 which makes one of the best bicycles in India (best bicycle under 10000 in India).
Montra Unplugged 700C Sporty Road Bike/Bicycle -10 Best Bicycles/Bikes in India
Last but not the least, we finish this list with another product from one of the best bicycle brands in India. AS expected, this Montra model is well equipped like the previous models with a lot of other interesting features as well.
- Montra has made sure that this bike is designed to meet the requirements for all-terrain riding making the experience fast and smooth. Therefore for people who want to remain fit above everything else, this is the best bicycle in India for you.
- The pedals are extremely smooth to operate reducing stress for long cycling and it is therefore the best sports bicycle/bike in India.
- It is also very striking to look at with a black/blue lightweight frame.
- This is one of the best sports bicycles/bikes in India which has made shockproof by the addition of an effective suspension system.
- To add icing to the cake that is Montra unplugged 700C road bike, the frame is made of long-lasting material which makes it extremely durable.
10 best bicycles/bikes in India -FAQs
The quality of workout with your best bicycle not only depends on the distance travelled with your bicycle instead it is important to note that how exhaustive your bicycle ride was. Say for example riding on your bicycle for 2 Kms on a downhill might not be enough as a workout while cycling 1Kms on a uphill might help you burning more calories. So, it is important that your riding on the bicycle should be exhaustive rather than just targeting the distance travelled.
In general, hybrid bikes are the most competent bicycle in India as these bikes are designed to commute as well as biking on rough roads. However, if you are willing to lose weight through cycling then you need to be consistent commuter and slowly need to be more exhaustive with the increase in your stamina.
The geared bicycles have multiple speed ratios and are very helpful if you plan to cycle for a long distance. These bicycles are helpful if you want to test your stamina as even if you lose in the mid-way you have the option to get back to your start point at the much lower effort. On the other hand, gear-less bicycles also known as single speed bikes are not equipped to that extent and you need to save energy to return back to the start point. If you ask me, I would prefer geared bicycles for myself and would love to test my stamina each day I go out for cycling.
Cycling regularly can help you tone your legs, thighs and buttock
Only cycling regularly doesn’t guarantee you loosing weight. The weight loss depends on the duration and intensity of cycling which means you need to cycle long and hard (on uphill) to burn calories. However, this doesn’t mean regular cycling is not helping you out in any way, actually regular cycling is helping you to tone your body and helping you to increase stamina.
Now that we are at the end of this article “10 Best Bicycles/Bikes in India”, we hope we have been able to give a clear view regarding which factors to consider when buying a bicycle. Along with that, equipped with a list of the best bicycles in India from some of the best bicycle brands in India and some of the world’s best bicycle brands, we hope you will be able to make an informed choice and choose the best bicycle of your dreams.
Check out our trending posts:
Only use the below comment form to ask your queries & share your experience. We may take a day or two to reply to your comments and queries. Please don’t use the comment section for backlinks as it will not be approved. However, for the backlink, partnership and advertisement related queries kindly contact us at [email protected]
Thanks for your coordination & support!