Everybody loves cooking. The Indian kitchen is filled with aromas of sweet and savory dishes that bring water to the mouth. However, everybody dreads the aftermath of a mouthwatering feast, doing the dishes. This is where the maid comes into play, dealing with the tantrums of whom is an everyday affair. What if there was someone or something that could do the dishes for us? In a way that we want? Clean, hygienic, without any fuss or worry? Well, your prayers have been answered. The Dishwasher comes to the rescue. Now you can get your utensils in a sparkling condition, brand new with a smile on your face and no manual labor. And to help you choose, we will guide you through our article “Best 10 Dishwashers in India-Review” which includes best reviews of
Generally, the dishwashers price in India starts around Rs. 25000,
Though the use of Dishwashers is seen in every household in foreign countries like the USA, Indian households are relatively new to the concept but demands are on the rise as more and more people are opting for the cleaner and healthier style of life. Choosing the right type of dishwasher for all the different sized utensils and the greasy coating and the added apprehensions of the average Indian customer is quite difficult. However, having a Dishwasher is a necessary addition to your kitchen to save your time and energy with the least worry about the bills.
To help you choose, today we provide you with a review of the 10 best Dishwashers in India.
Best 10 Dishwashers in India--Review
In India, only a few brands like Bosch, Siemens, IFB, LG, and Whirlpool sell this product. We present before you today a review of the 10 best dishwashers in India provided by these top dishwasher brands in India that will help you choose the right dishwasher for your everyday needs.
Bosch 12 Place Settings Dishwasher (SMS66GI01I, Silver Inox)
The bestselling Dishwasher in India, this offering from Bosch is tailor-made for Indian Kitchens. Let us look at the features that make it perfect for the Indian home-
- It is made of stainless steel with an inner-tub made of Polinox with dosage assist basket and glass care system which makes it durable and safe for utensils of all types
- Ease of use- The Bosch system doesn’t need special treatment from the greasy utensils. No need to pre-rinse the utensils before use. Just scrape off leftovers and load the dishwasher and forget about it.
- This dishwasher comes with a 12 space setting and 6 wash programs which is more than suitable for a family of 6 and is custom-made to accommodate all your
kadais, pressure cookers, tea-cups, andcutlery.
- The auto program feature lets you set the wash program for the utensil you want to wash and let the machine do its job. The electronic Delay timer function further allows you to set the time of washing at your convenience.
- Hygiene is also maintained as this dishwater heats the water to 70℃ which eliminates 99.9% of bacteria and delivers hygienic utensils.
- One of the priorities of this appliance is saving water. This appliance uses only 9.5L of water as compared to 60L (approx.) of water wasted when washing manually.
- This appliance also provides a Half-Load option for fewer utensils to be washed thereby saving time, water and energy. The Express Sparkle feature ensures fast and clean washing of utensils in under 60 minutes. The VarioEco feature further optimizes water and energy consumption requirements.
- The aesthetically designed appliance also comes with a child lock to keep those inquisitive kids at bay.
- There is also a 2 years comprehensive warranty on the product.
With all these features and ease of use, The Bosch is Bosch 12 Place Settings ` Dishwasher is one the best dishwasher currently available in the Indian Market.
Whirlpool 14 Place Settings Dishwasher (PowerClean-WFC3C24 PF IN, White)
Best 10 Dishwashers in India--Review
This offering from Whirlpool boasts of an energy-efficient, time-saving stainless steel dishwasher
- This appliance has a 14 place setting with 8 foldable lower racks and 4 upper foldable racks which makes it ideal for a family of 6.
- Say goodbye to the toughest stains and oil from utensils due to the presence of Powerclean Pro technology which uses high-pressure spray nozzles on the rear of the dishwasher for the utensils.
- It comes with an 8 washing program setting for utensils of all types and is therefore quite versatile.
- The revolutionary Intelligent 6th sense technology developed by whirlpool is also used by this appliance to ensure hygienic and outstanding cleaning with efficient time and water saving.
- The appliance comes with an
A+++ energy rating which ensures optimum performance with low energy consumption.
- The Delay Start function enables you to control when you want your utensils to be washed and the Half-Load option ensures saving of water and energy.
With an aesthetic design, low noise output and 2 years comprehensive manufacturer’s warranty, this appliance is certainly worth checking out and value for money.
IFB Neptune FX Fully Electronic Dishwasher (12 Place Settings, White)
IFB has been a long standing trusting name when it comes to kitchen and household appliances. Here’s a look at its features.
- It boasts of one of the fastest cleaning times with the Jet-washer program which is efficient in cleaning the less greasy utensils like coffee mugs, tea-cups, milk and tea making utensils in just under 18 minutes using it four-place setting capacity.
- The presence of foldable racks accommodates utensils of all types found in the Indian kitchen. The Flexible Half-Load option also lets u choose between loading the top half or the bottom half of the dishwasher with no change in time, water or energy usage.
- This appliance has an in-built Water softening device that can soften hard water up to 60dh to enable better mixing of the detergent for cleaner and efficient washing of utensils.
- It is very efficient as it utilizes
only9L of water for all your cleaning needs.
- The Steam Drying function tends to vaporize all traces of moisture from the washed utensils leaving them completely dry without any detergent or moisture on them. Utensils look fresh and new.
Keeping up with the tradition of efficiency, IFB dishwashers are one of the most economical and one of the best dishwashers in the Indian market and therefore make it an essential addition to the Indian kitchen.
IFB Free-Standing 12 Place Settings Dishwasher (Neptune WX)
Best 10 Dishwashers in India--Review
Yet another offering from IFB can be easily found on Amazon with attractive pricing and discounts. Here’s an overview of its features-
The appliance comes with 12 place settings with 5 wash programs sufficient for a family of 6.
As is the case with all IFB dishwashers, this too has a water softening device to ensure better detergent mixing and cleaner dishes.
It has a Flexible Half-Load function and a
It is quite energy efficient as it falls in the A++ category of energy efficiency.
Lightly soiled bowls or dishes can be washed fast under 40 minutes and is therefore quite fast.
Compared to other IFB dishwashers, this appliance utilizes 12 L of water for a full load and is still energy, time and water
Siemens 12 Place Settings Dishwasher (SN256I01GI, Silver Inox)
Siemens is a brand long known for producing quality electronic appliances. Dishwasher created by Siemens is one of the most common sights in Indian households. As such, we list the features of this durable and energy
- This appliance comes with 12 space settings and 6 wash programs which are ideal for a family of 6. Its SpeedMatic technology delivers clean utensils in no time.
- 2 foldable plate racks and an adjustable upper rack make space for utensils of all shapes and sizes.
- Delayed timer feature helps you decide when you want to wash.
- The HygienePlus function used by the machine keeps the temperature at 70℃ for the last 10 minutes to ensure 99.9% bacteria and germs killing making the plates clean and hygienic.
- The wear-free
iQdrivemotor is very efficient, quiet and long-lasting.
- It has an inner-
tubmade of Polyinox/Stainless steel with Dosage Assist Basket, HydroMix glass care protection technology to ensure the utensils stay in place and are protected.
- The appliance also comes with a standard child lock facility for the safety of the children.
LG Free-Standing 14 Place Settings Dishwasher (D1451WF, White)
Best 10 Dishwashers in India--Review
LG is another brand that is synonymous with Indian electronic appliance requirement. It’s no surprise that LG will have one of the best dishwashers made to just suit the Indian kitchen requirement. Here are some of its features.
- It is the best compatible appliance in terms of its unique Smart Rack system which allows you to easily adjust the racks for flexible loading of all vessel types and sizes.
- It comes with an Inverter direct drive motor which ensures high energy efficiency during cleaning. There is a 10 year warranty on the motor too.
- The stainless steel interior tub is durable and repels odor and unwanted stains.
- It consumes very low amount of energy without comprising on quality and is also quiet.
- This appliance also comes with the features of child locks, time delay, EcoClean function, adjustable racks, etc.
With one of the best after-sales service where the user only has to dial smart diagnosis on your phone to tell you what to do with booking a visit from the engineer in case of any problems makes it one of the best
Elica WQP12-7605V WH Dishwasher (12 Place Settings, Stainless Steel and White)
Elica with its partnership with whirlpool has put forward the best dishwasher to fulfill the requirements of the Indian kitchen perfectly.
This offering from Elica is a heavy duty dishwasher perfect for dealing with the most stubborn food stains in an energy efficient and easy to use manner. Here are some of its features
- It has a 12 place setting with 5 heavy duty wash program that are designed to remove the toughest of stains on any type of vessel.
- This being a free standing machine saves a lot of cost on installation.
- It is energy efficient and also saves time and water with washing in less than 60 minutes.
- The Soft touch key is an excellent feature which makes it easy to use.
- A quick wash function enables shorter washing time for lightly soiled tableware is a welcome addition and saves a lot of time and water as well.
Elica further provides a 1 year warranty on the product and is easily available on Amazon.
Faber 12 Place Settings Dishwasher (FFSD 6PR 12S, White, Inbuilt Heater)
Best 10 Dishwashers in India--Review
The Faber 12 Place settings Dishwasher is another best reviewed dishwasher in India. Here, we list some of its main features
- It has a 12 place setting system that caters to a family of 6.
- 6 wash programs bring versatile cleaning from delicate glassware to intensive cleaning for stained vessels and dishes.
- Height adjustable racks ensure compatibility with vessels of any type and size.
- A delayed start option helps you plan your time of cleaning.
- AN internal heater system keeps the temperature at 65℃ that eliminates bacteria, germs, dirt and other tough stains difficult to remove otherwise.
- It also has several intelligent features like Half-load option for reduced time, water and power consumption, higher energy efficiency, Eco mode for environmental friendly wash and water saving.
This model is readily available on Amazon with cheap discounts and offers.
Bosch 12 Place Setting Dishwasher (SMS40E32EU, White)
Here is another good quality dishwasher from Bosch which is feature rich and settings to tackle the difficulties of washing delicate and tough stains from the plates and utensils with ease. Let us look at some of its features.
- A 12 place setting makes it ideal for a 6 member family.
- It has 4 wash program settings which, along with the Dosage Assist Tray for better mixing of detergent tablets and an active water hydraulic system, make it easier for washing all types of soiled and greasy vessels and utensils.
- A warm temperature of 65℃ in its interior ensures a germ-free, dust-free, and hygienic cleaning.
- A special LED rinse aid refill indicator informs the user when to refill water for washing so that you don’t have to keep monitoring the appliance constantly for water levels.
- It also comes with the technology of Delayed timer, Hal-Load option, and Load sensor for optimum water and energy usage.
With an EcoSilence drive that promotes energy conservation and high efficiency and with 10
BPL 12 Place Settings Dishwasher (D812S27A, Silver, Inbuilt Heater)
Best 10 Dishwashers in India--Review
If you for looking for an Indian company with affordable pricing and efficiency, BPL has just the appliance for you. This model from BPL is aesthetic in design and will be a perfect fit for your Indian kitchen. Let’s go through some of its important features-
- A 12 place setting system for a 6 member family and 8 wash programs specifically tackle oil, grease and stained vessels and utensils from the Indian kitchen.
- Clear LED display makes it easy to use all its functions.
- Foldable racks accommodate vessels of any kind.
- The Half-Load function ensures time, water and energy saving.
- No pre-rinsing needed. Just scrape the leftover, load the dishwasher and relax.
This product is available at Amazon and you can attractive discounts and prices.
Buyer’s Guide: Best 10 Dishwashers in India
In this section, we will talk about the important factors you should consider while going to buy your best dishwasher machines in India. After this we will also try to answer some frequently asked queries by the consumers we came across during our research on the topic. Let us start our quick buyer’s guide to select your best dishwashers in India.
All appliances that we buy depend upon the number of members of the family. For families of different numbers, dishwashers come in different capacities.
Dishwashers are available in 8, 12 and tall tub configurations. The 12 place configuration is the most common. It provides space to hold the maximum of 12 quantities of each of dinner plates, bowls, saucers, dessert plates and quarter glasses. Cutlery can be added separately.
This configuration can be customized to hold your kadhais and pots too.
The tall tub configuration is similar to the 12 places but with the added advantage of holding big sized thalis and vessels.
The ideal capacity of today’s dishwasher is from 115 to 120 utensils.
Types of Dishwasher
There are currently 4 types of dishwashers in the market
Built-in under the Counter dishwasher
This is the most common type of dishwasher where the appliance is installed below the kitchen counter. This setting is permanently fixed in nature and therefore much preferred.
There are no tubes connecting with the kitchen faucet as water is directly drawn from the supply pipes in the kitchen. This enables free usage of the kitchen faucet and sink.
Free Standing Dishwashers
A lot of families in India live in rented homes or have transferrable jobs that make them relocate from one region to another. As such having a built-in type of dishwasher is inconvenient.
The Free Standing Dishwashers address this problem by not needing to be installed in place and being portable in nature.
You can drag the dishwasher to the place of your convenience when you want to use, tap into a faucet and switch it on. When not in use, it can serve as another small counter top in the kitchen or wherever you can place it in your house.
These Dishwashers that fit into a drawer under the kitchen counter and are perfect for smaller nuclear families. These type of dishwashers are famous in USA as it also helps you to save a lot of space in your kitchen as it is designed to fit inside your kitchen drawers. Options are available as single drawers or double drawers both of which can be used independently.
It is similar to the portable dishwasher but with the exception of placing it on the top of the counter near the faucet while in use. These type of dishwashers are famous in USA as it also helps you to save lot of space in your kitchen. Nowadays, the demand of countertop dishwashers is also increasing in India.
How does it work? The hardware and the function
It is always a good idea to know about the functioning of the machine, the different programs, the wash cycles, etc before proceeding to buy. Knowledge of the material is also important to help you choose. Here we provide a brief review into the features of the dishwasher
Stainless steel or polyinox interiors are preferred over plastic in every dishwasher. Stainless steel is durable than plastic and is capable of withstanding higher temperature settings along with conserving energy. They are also resistant to odors and stains and therefore are a good choice for material.
Several features are available in the interior of the appliance which varies of brand to brand. Add ons are expensive and therefore at your discretion.
Features like adjustable or collapsible racks are available today which specifically cater to hold bigger vessels in the Indian kitchen like Kadhai and cookers and big sized thalis etc.
Cycle of Wash
The type of wash cycle depends on the type of dishes you are looking to wash. Optimized cleaning times are also available nowadays. The different types of wash cycles are listed below
- Delayed Wash: You can choose the time of washing ranging from 1 hour to 24 hours after loading the dishwasher.
- Rinse and Hold: This program rinses the utensils to remove the odor and without using the detergent while waiting for a full load.
- Only Rinse: Used best for removing leftovers.
- Quick Wash: This is perfect for quick cleaning of lightly soiled utensils.
- Sanitize: Water at high temperatures like 65-70℃ is used to eliminate 99.9% of bacteria.
The advancement of technology has helped design intelligent dishwashers with several sensors that make your life easier and hassle free. These sensors ensure optimum energy efficient performance at all time.
The soil level sensors sense dirt and adjust the washing conditions appropriately. The water sensor determines the optimum level of sensor.
Temperature sensor ensures maintaining the correct temperature and the detergent sensors make sure the correct delivery of delivery at the correct time to optimize cleaning.
The three-tiered washing level system enables better distribution of water in each cycle ensuring an efficient cleaning program.
The Auto restart feature is particularly helpful in India due to frequent power cuts. This feature ensures that the machine starts functioning from that point on where it had stopped after power is restored.
Presence of Food disposals and filters allows you to put your utensils without rinsing directly into the Dishwasher after scraping off the leftovers. These filters, remove the food particles from the non-rinsed plates during washing.
Some Dishwashers come with an in-built Water Softening Chamber that you can use even in areas with hard water. This prevents excessive detergent use.
All dishwashers are provided with an advanced safety lock system called Child Lock system that prevents the opening of the door during operation maintaining safety of the user and the appliance.
FAQs: Best 10 Dishwashers in India
Today, dishwashers has become the necessity of the modern households. Nowadays, dishwasher brands are also customizing there models of dishwashers in order to be more efficient for the Indian utensils. You can find great option of freestanding dishwashers in India as it is the most sort model.
If you have asked this question few years back then I would have said that it is true, But after the COVID-19 outbreak the demand for dishwashers has raised by several folds with few models from the top brands having waiting period of 1-1.5 months. Also, the new models of dishwashers are more efficient with the Indian utensils as compared to the previously imported models due to limited demand. Now brands are customizing the design to fit the Indian dishwashing requirements.
On an average, a dishwasher consumes 1.5 kWh per load
Yes the cooker can easily be washed in the dishwasher. However, it is not recommended to put the cooker lid inside the dishwasher as the lid consists of safety valve which might get blocked inside dishwasher.
Thus, at the end of this article “Best 10 Dishwashers in India-Review”, where we have done reviews of
Do check our other trending article by our authors