One of the most important everyday tasks in the kitchen is cutting vegetables into different sizes and shapes for cooking. While a knife and a chopping board are some of the basic cutting and chopping tools in the kitchen, the addition of a good quality electric chopper speeds up the process and lets you save time. An electric chopper is a definite upgrade over a manual chopper which saves 30% of your chopping time and it is extremely easy for you to use. In this article, we will review the 10 best electric choppers for vegetables in India and also discuss the different factors that you need to consider before purchasing an electric chopper especially suited for your everyday kitchen needs.
10 Best Electric Choppers for Vegetables in India – Review
The article has been divided into 3 sections. We have reviewed and listed out the best electric choppers in our first section followed by a detailed buyer’s guide. At the end, we have tried to answer a few of the queries that we came across during our research over the internet.
So, without delaying much, let us start with our 10 best electric choppers for vegetables in India
Borosil Chef Delite 300-Watt 0.6-Litre Chopper
Best vegetable electric chopper
4.3 out of 5, 1441+ Reviews
Borosil is a well-known brand for kitchen appliances and this model is one of the best electric choppers for vegetables in India. Let’s take a look at its many features
- This 300 watts powerful best vegetable electric chopper with a 600 ml jar is one of the best electric choppers for vegetables in India
- This best electric chopper for the kitchen has an appealing design and a simple and easy operation. The transparent jar is airtight which means you don’t need to cry when chopping onions.
- The best electric chopper for vegetables provides you with the opportunity of using the attached bowl as a separate storage container owing to the addition of a lid. So, simply remove the container and close it with the lid.
- This electric chopper for the kitchen provides you with extra safety owing to a motor mount switch and a rubber bottom base.
- This best electric chopper for vegetables comes with 2 sets of blades (2 single cut and 2 double cuts) which is capable of not only cutting moderate vegetables but also paper light spinach and other leafy vegetables along with some dry fruits.
- Sleek and user-friendly design
- Very powerful and silent motor
- Transparent, high-quality unbreakable fiberglass container
- 2 sets of stainless steel heavy duty blades
- Container doubles as cut vegetable holder and storage container
- 2 years manufacturer’s warranty
- No speed control
Orpat Express 250-Watt 0.7-Litre Chopper (Purple)
Electric chopper for kitchen, 10 Best Electric Choppers for Vegetables in India
4.3 out of 5, 2035+ Reviews
This Orpat chopper is a durable electric chopper for the kitchen and is built to be long-lasting all the while being easy to operate, clean, and maintain. Here are its features.
- This best electric chopper for vegetables has a 360 degrees anti-slippery design for a smooth operation during chopping.
- This best vegetable electric chopper has a container with a carrying capacity ranging between 500 to 750ml.
- The chopper for vegetables comes with a powerful 250 Watt motor which makes it powerful enough to properly slice the vegetables and fruits in shapes for preparing different items like salads and other items at the same time (best electric food chopper).
- This best electric chopper for vegetables is quite affordable and is, therefore, a much-desired product for mothers all over.
- 500 ml loading capacity, 700 ml maximum container capacity
- Very easy to use, clean, and maintain
- The jar is BPA free making it safe for food items
- 2 years manufacturer’s warranty
- The 360-degree anti-slippery base for smooth functioning.
- Generates noise when used continuously for a long time
- Power cord length is short
- Slicing tomatoes and capsicum can be tricky with sizes not being up to the mark.
Prestige PEC 1.0 450-Watt Electric Chopper
Best vegetable electric chopper, electric chopper for kitchen.
3.9 out of 5, 423+ Reviews
When it comes to kitchen appliances, Prestige is one of the names which is making waves with its range of quality kitchen products at affordable prices. This appliance from prestige is one of the best electric choppers for vegetables with lots of interesting features. Let’s take a look at its features
- The Prestige electric chopper has a powerful 450-watt motor that allows you to efficiently chop vegetables.
- This Prestige electric chopper is one of the best electric food choppers has a transparent jar through which you can see what you are chopping.
- The Prestige electric chopper is one of the best vegetable electric choppers is capable of chopping your items into coarse, medium, and fine shapes (best electric food chopper).
- This Prestige electric chopper is one of the best electric choppers for vegetables whose twin stainless steel blades let you easily chop mince and dice not only vegetables but also meats and fruits.
- The design of this best vegetable electric chopper is compact and attractive which makes it an ideal and aesthetic addition to your kitchen.
- Efficient and quick chopping.
- Powerful 450 Watt motor
- Easy to use by single press button
- Multi-purpose operation of chopping, mincing, and dicing of ingredients including vegetables, meat, fruits and even crushing dry ice.
- More proficient at cutting than mincing
Bajaj Presto XL Chopper
Best vegetable electric chopper
38 out of 5, 228+ Reviews
Bajaj is a brand in India which is well known for its wide range of affordable and efficient kitchen appliances. This model from Bajaj is one of the best electric food choppers and welcome addition to your kitchen owing to its many interesting features. Let’s take a look at the features
- This best vegetable electric chopper is a perfect blend of durability and efficiency (best electric food chopper).
- This best electric chopper for vegetables has a 1-liter transparent bowl which is ideal when chopping veggies to see if you are getting the pieces you desire (best electric chopper for vegetables).
- The food chopper has a powerful motor of 300 W with stainless steel rustproof blades makes it an ideal addition to your kitchen for all your chopping needs.
- This best electric food chopper also comes with several different accessories that aid in whisking and chopping as well.
- An aesthetic design which saves space
- Noiseless operation
- Durable and efficient motor
- The sharpness of the blades not suitable for extended heavy usage
- cannot make a puree
Morphy Richards Vivo Electric Chopper
Best electric food chopper, 10 Best Electric Choppers for Vegetables in India
3.8 out of 5, 612+ Reviews
Morphy Richards is one of the well-known brands which have a plethora of affordable, efficient, and high-quality kitchen appliances. This food chopper is one of the best electric food choppers with many attractive features
- This best electric chopper for vegetables is quite affordable and is the perfect addition to all your chopping needs in the kitchen.
- This best vegetable electric chopper has razor-sharp stainless-steel blades which are perfect for chopping, whisking, crushing, and other same uses.
- The electric chopper for vegetables also comes with detachable whiskers which are ideal for whipping and churning the creamy batters (best electric food chopper).
- This best electric chopper for the kitchen has an easy start and intelligent shutdown button which helps you to easily start and switch off the device after usage.
- This model comes with a 260W powerful motor with adjustable speed control and a turbo speed button which makes it ideal for all your chopping needs.
- Service by Bajaj in India
- Efficient and faster to use making it perfect for saving time
- Quality chopping in a limited time
- Multi-purpose operation other than chopping
- 2 years warranty
- Space saver
- Noisy operation
- Not ideal for larger vegetables
Black + Decker BXCH1201IN Vegetable Chopper
Best electric chopper for kitchen
3.6 out of 5, 199+ Reviews
This model from Black+Decker is perfectly suited for fast and efficient cutting and chopping operations. Let’s take a look at its features
- This best electric chopper for vegetables has a fast and efficient operation when it comes to cutting and chopping in the kitchen.
- This best vegetable electric chopper has a powerful 120 Watt motor with variable 2-speed function and stainless steel blades for sharp and fast cutting.
- Operation on this electric chopper for vegetables is quite easy owing to the pulse operation control function button.
- Multipurpose operation
- A fast and efficient operation to save time
- 2 different speed modes
- Blades are sharp for swift cutting and chopping
- Not portable
- Noisy and space consuming
Preethi Turbo Chop CH 601 0.7-Litre 450-Watt Chopper
Best food chopper for kitchen
4.0 out of 5, 304+ Reviews
Preethi is a company which has been producing quality home appliance for the Indian home since 1978. This model from Preethi is one of the best electric choppers for vegetables and comes with many features. Let’s take a look at its features
- This best electric chopper for vegetables comes with a powerful 450 W motor that is capable of cutting the veggies in any shape and sizes you so desire (food chopper for the kitchen).
- This best electric chopper for vegetables is highly efficient and really easy to use owing to a one-button operation.
- The 0.7 L capacity bowl is transparent allowing you to put the veggies in the bowl which is attached directly to the motor part. This bowl doubles as a storage unit for your cut vegetables as well.
- Cleaning is simple using simple wet cloth or gentle wash that easily removes the remaining particles. You can also remove the smell by simply washing with warm water or with dish-washing liquid.
- Single-button chop system
- Easy to clean
- Powerful 450 W motor with 700 ml container capacity
- Stainless steel blades are sharp and perfect for cutting and chopping
- Open and close lid system.
- Noisy operation
Prestige PEC 3.0 250-Watt Electric Chopper (White)
Best electric food chopper for vegetables, 10 Best Electric Choppers for Vegetables in India
3.6 out of 5, 358+ Reviews
This Prestige electric chopper is the second one in this list from Prestige and has many interesting and noteworthy features. Let’s take a look
- This Prestige electric chopper is a powerful appliance that is capable of cutting fruits, veggies, and other ingredients and is capable of making thick paste as well (best electric food chopper).
- The Prestige electric chopper has a powerful 250 W motor which is of high quality and has a noiseless operation.
- The electric chopper has stainless steel blades that perform multiple functions dicing and mincing in coarse, medium, and fine modes.
- This Prestige electric chopper has a compact and elegant design that makes it a welcome addition to your kitchen (best electric food chopper).
- This Prestige electric chopper comes with a transparent jar where you can clearly monitor the sizes of the veggies and other items you cut.
- Dual stainless steel blades
- Powerful 250W power supply with 230V operating voltage
- Best chopper for making salads and easy to chop fruits, vegetables, and nuts
- Aesthetic and compact design
- Proper installation needed
- Plastic material quality is poor.
Philips HR1396 500/400-Watt 1-Litre Chopper
Best food chopper for kitchen, best electric chopper for vegetables
3.6 out of 5, 212+ Reviews
Philips is a well-known brand in the field of home appliances and this Philips food chopper is one of the best electric food choppers for vegetables. Let’s take a look at its features
- This Philips electric chopper has a powerful 500 Watts motor which is capable of chopping all kinds of vegetables in the desired sizes (best vegetable electric chopper).
- The electric chopper is a versatile food chopper for the kitchen and its strong stainless steel blade allows you to not only chop but also mince and dice very easily (best electric food chopper).
- This Philips electric chopper is a perfect accompaniment for everyday use in the kitchen as you can easily chop and mince vegetables, fruits, and even nuts by a single push-button operation.
- This Philips electric chopper comes with a 1-liter transparent bowl which also doubles as a storage unit for your cut vegetables (best vegetable food chopper).
- The electric chopper also has a sturdy and excellent design for extended use.
- Powerful 500W motor
- Versatile operation
- Single push-button operation
- 1-year warranty
- It is a bit costly
Glen GL4043 Plus 250-Watt 0.4 Liter Mini Chopper (White)
Best food chopper for kitchen
4.3 out of 5, 608+ Reviews
This food chopper from Glen is one of the most versatile food choppers for kitchen and has a lot of interesting features. Let’s take a look at its features
- This best electric chopper for vegetables is capable of multiple functions like whisking eggs, chopping vegetables, herbs, etc.
- The vegetable food chopper comes with a separate whisker and chopping blade which lets you cut the food in your desired shape. To help you with the storage there is an extra chopper bowl included as well.
- This is one of the best electric choppers for vegetables is long-lasting owing to its rust-proof and sturdy design. Also, it is quite easy to clean.
- This is a powerful food chopper with a 250 W motor that caters to all your chopping and whisking needs as well as for making a fine paste
- 400 ml bowl capacity
- Rust-resistant chopping blade
- Separate blades and bowls for whisking and chopping
- Extra bowl included for storage
- Powerful 250 Watt motor
- Slightly noisy
Now that we have reviewed the 10 best electric food choppers in India currently, we will now look at the factors which you need to consider before buying an electric food chopper for all your needs.
10 Best Electric Choppers for Vegetables in India- Buyer’s guide
Now that we have reviewed the 10 best electric choppers for vegetables in India, we will now shed some light on the different factors you need to consider before purchasing the chopper of your choice in this buyer’s guide section of this article.
Before we dive into the buyer’s guide, we will look at the different types of choppers present in the market.
Electric Vegetable Choppers
These are vegetable choppers which make use of electricity to chop the vegetables and are therefore much convenient and easier to use. You just need to cut the vegetables in half and put them into the chopper, switch it on and within minutes you will get your desired chopped ingredients.
Manual Vegetable Choppers
These types of choppers do not need electricity for functioning. You just put your vegetables into the container and pump the handle to finely chop the vegetables. The more you pump, the more finely chopped vegetables you get.
This device has 2 or 3 blades and you obtain chopped vegetables by moving the ingredient to and fro on the device. The appliance has slightly inclined blades with different patterns to produce chopped vegetables of different forms.
Fruits and Vegetable Slicer
This device allows you to slice vegetables and fruits in a back and forth motion attached to the slicer. There is a container attached below the slicer that will collect your sliced vegetables and fruits.
This product is designed particularly for mincing and can be used to mince meat and other food items along with vegetables.
This is a basic type of vegetable cutter and is the most widely used. This is a traditional cutter that has a simple blade sharp enough to manually cut the vegetables.
A wedger is an inclined tool designed to separate things. All you need to do is place the vegetable in the provided space and push the wedge on the wedger to get the required shape of the desired vegetable.
French Fries Cutter
This tool is a must-have appliance in your house which has a cuboidal mesh design through which you can force out French fries from placing the potato in the space provided.
This handy device lets you shred lettuce leaves by easily cutting it into halves without bruising it. This device is very useful when cutting leaves for salad preparation.
This simple appliance lets you get slices done very easily by moving the vegetable along the blade and collect the diced contents in the attached container underneath.
Type of operation
One of the most important things that you will need to consider first-hand is whether the operation is manual or electric. An electric chopper is a considerable improvement over the manual as it helps you save time and effort as compared to the manual chopper operation. Electric choppers can be operated by batteries or by plugging it into power sockets.
It can be seen that the blades in the chopper are sometimes not very sharp while the motor is very powerful. Sometimes, the blades also dull or rusted after only a few uses. Hence, it is imperative that you need to check the blades for their sharpness and their smooth working.
BPA free working bowl
When you are choosing plastic that comes in contact with your food you should always look at whether it is BPA-free or not. Of late, BPA material has been under scrutiny regarding its safety. Hence make sure that you check your plastic product is labeled as “BPA free”.
Stainless Steel blades
Choose stainless steel blades as they are resistant to rust, do not stain or chip too easily to ensure that food remains safe for a long time.
Capacity of the container
One of the important factors to consider is the capacity or volume of the container. The size of the container should be proportional to your intended use. If you are planning to use the electronic chopper on a large scale then a chopper with a large capacity is your best choice. In general, the manual and electric choppers come with a transparent container in which you can keep your cut vegetables.
Number of Blades
The choppers come with a number of different attachments for ease of use. When you are purchasing the chopper make sure to get one with the most number of changing blades in order to perform additional tasks to chopping like shredding, whipping and crushing.
Ease of maintenance
Since there is a need to always clean the bowl after each use, make sure that you purchase a chopper whose parts can be easily detached or removed for ease of maintenance and cleaning post use.
Type of product you need to cut
Selection of the correct blade depends upon the type and kind of vegetables you are going to use in the chopper. Furthermore, different blades also cater to the way you want to cut your vegetables. Hence, make sure you check the product that you are going to buy suits your needs and come with the accurate blades that cater to the type of cuts you want.
Size and Weight
Electric choppers come in different sizes and weights. There are choppers for both commercial and home for regular chopping. Ideally, choppers for commercial use are heavy and bigger whereas the choppers for home for use on a daily basis are better to be small and handy.
A chopper with a powerful motor helps you to easily and conveniently chop vegetables in less time. It is therefore advisable that you choose a chopper with a powerful motor for your use. Furthermore, the wattage of the chopper determines how powerful it is and how effectively it will chop the vegetables. However, you should take care that the wattage is not too high as it might incur quite high electricity expenses. It is therefore advisable to go for a chopper with wattage within the range of 250-450 watts.
Price and warranty
The price of the appliance should match the features that come with it. While an electric chopper is invariably costlier than a manual chopper but is much faster and convenient to use. Hence purchase a chopper that fits your budget range and also contains all the features. Furthermore, make sure that you check the warranty period of the chopper before you buy it.
While an electric chopper is perfect for your vegetable chopping needs, it is an added bonus that your chopper comes with accessories that allow you to use it for more than just chopping purposes. A versatile chopper with different attachments will enable you to perform several other tasks on a single machine which will save your time and effort.
FAQs: 10 Best Electric Choppers for Vegetables in India
An electric chopper, as the name suggests, is a device or a machine with a compact unit comprised of a compact unit with a large bowl, stainless steel blades, and a powerful motor which can easily chop, mince, slice, and grind assorted ingredients like vegetables, fruits, etc.
There are several excellent brands providing electric choppers in India and in this article we have listed some of the best brands like Phillips, Prestige, Morphy Richards, etc.
Some of the uses of the food chopper include chopping onions, celery, garlic, and other ingredients for soups and stews, dicing of fresh herbs for sauces and dips, chopping of nuts for baking or garnish, making breadcrumbs or cracker crumbs, making salsas, condiments, and dressings, etc.
An electric chopper is designed to chop vegetables and fruits by forcing the food through the blades which are suited for one type of produce. On the other hand, a food processor has containers that use electric power to spin the sharp discs in the container to perform multiple functions of chopping, slicing, dicing, mincing, etc. to a variety of ingredients.
Electric food choppers are there to make your job of chopping, dicing, and mincing tasks in the kitchen easier, convenient, and much faster. As such there are quite a number of brands which provide a number of quality products. In this article, we have reviewed the 10 best electric food choppers in India. Along with showcasing the different features of the 10 best electric food choppers, we have also discussed all the important factors that should factor in your choice of the electric chopper best suited for your everyday use. All the products mentioned in this list are energy efficient and are definitely versatile and multi-purpose in operation. With this list, we certainly hope that it will help you immensely in choosing the best electric food chopper for your everyday needs.