Starting your guitar playing with an acoustic is quite beneficial. However, if you are looking to progress faster as a beginner, picking up an electric guitar is a good choice. An electric guitar is much easier to play than an acoustic guitar as the chords are much easier to hold and the notes are much easier to bend as compared to acoustic guitar. In this article “Top 10 Best Electric Guitars in India” we have tried to pick the best electric guitars and discussed the buyer’s guide to help you select the best one in your budget.
To put matters into perspective, imagine you are going to the gym for the first time and you intend to start your weight training. To make it easier for you, the trainer suggests you lift weights in order so that you get used to the process. Starting your guitar playing with an electric guitar has a similar desired effect. Practicing an electric guitar is not only easy on your fingers, it helps you progress faster as well.
However, before you purchase an electric guitar, there are multiple factors that you need to consider like the guitar shape, the tone, playability, and many other factors. The first and foremost factor to consider is obviously the sound. Always make sure that you put emphasis on what kind of music you intend to play and hear and choose the electric guitar that =is best suited for your style of playing.
While playing on an electric guitar is easier and even exciting, it is quite hair-splitting to choose the right one as there are multiple brands that provide a lot of different types of guitars suited for different playing styles. To help you with this, we have prepared this article where we will review the top ten best electric guitars in India for all types of players along with a comprehensive buyer’s guide where we will be discussing the different factors that you will need to consider before purchasing the best electric guitar most suitable for you.
Hence without much further ado, let us first look into the top 10 best electric guitars in India.
Fender Squier Bullet Fat Stratocaster 6-Strings Electric Guitar
best fender electric guitar, best electric guitar brands in India
4.1 out of 5, 259+ Reviews
When it comes to trustworthiness, Fender is one of the best brands of guitars in the world. Fender provides a lot of excellent legendary electric guitars and is the choice of world-famous musicians all over. This model from Fencer is one of the best electric guitars in the market which is the preferred choice for beginners and professionals as well. Let’s take a look at its excellent features
- This best electric guitar from Fender is a 6 strings electric guitar that is right-handed along with a rosewood fretboard that is built with comfortable and bent strings.
- This best electric guitar has a modern 9.5” fingerboard radius and 21 jumbo frets which makes your guitar playing experience much easier and enjoyable.
- The tremolo bridge has a vintage style which brings an authentic design and performance.
- This best electric guitar for right-handed players has been built with a dual-coil humbucking pickup which provides an extremely rich and sustainable impact when playing the strings.
- One of the best features of this best electric guitar is that you don’t need any batteries to play the guitar when connected to an auxiliary output.
- With an overall weight of only 4.54kg it is quite comfortable to hold and play.
- This best guitar helps you to develop sharp and flat pitch variations very easily
- The polyurethane body and neck finish give it a glossy and premium look.
- Extra protection is maintained by means of the glossy sheet covering.
- Natural guitar playing is ensured due to comfortable bend strings.
- Truss and saddles are adjustable
- One year warranty.
- Slightly costly for beginners
- Humbucking is standard
Yamaha Pacifica PAC012 Electric Guitar
best electric guitar brand in India, top 10 Best Electric Guitars in India
4.6 out of 5, 199+ Reviews
Another brand that is well-known for musical instruments throughout the world is Yamaha. Yamaha provides a wide range and variety of electric guitars which is suited for all types of players starting from beginners to professional guitarists. Furthermore, getting a Yamaha electric guitar is perfect for beginners to learn to play the guitar. This electric guitar model from Yamaha is one of the best electric guitars for you as it comes with a lot of impressive features which are listed below.
- This best electric guitar from Yamaha is built with a comfortable body and a great tone background.
- The Agathis body is the best in the segment in India and gives you a solid, firm, and aesthetic feel when you play.
- The gloss polyurethane body finishes further works to protect the guitar from wear and tear and also gives it an extremely classy look.
- This best electric guitar has a maple neck which makes it one of the most gorgeous electric guitars to purchase. Along with the pleasing aesthetics, it is also quite easy to hold and play.
- To keep the tone superior and excellent, this best electric guitar is designed with one humbucker and two single-coil pickups.
- This guitar is designed with maple, rosewood, Nato/Agathis material to ensure that the sound is balanced and best.
- It is much easier for the guitarist to listen and evaluate the highs and lows in each played note.
- The tuning gears are the best quality for best experience.
- The finishing is tough lacquer
- Adjustments maybe little difficult for beginners
ESP LTD EC256BLK Electric Guitar
best electric guitars for kids, top 10 Best Electric Guitars in India
4.6 out of 5, 152+ Reviews
One of the most desired effects of playing an electric guitar is its sound and this model of electric guitar from one of the best musical instrument companies in the world ESP provides a sound that is of sweetest melody and authentic to sound. Along with its excellently soothing sound and aesthetic looks, this best electric guitar in India is a must-have for all types of guitar players. Let’s take a look at its features
- This best electric guitar in India is built with a strong body and excellent electronics proves to be suited for all types of aggressive or rough guitarists.
- This best electric guitar gives the best experience while playing as it’s equipped with one of the best strong and reliable humbuckers.
- The master tone adjustment makes it one of the best electric guitars to produce a wholesome sound by controlling the overall working of the coil-split mode.
- The die-cast tuner equipped with this guitar gives it excellent and exceptional sound quality.
- Your versatility as an artist is enhanced by the presence of reliable hardware along with the right tuners and an exceptional pickup.
- One of the cheapest and perfect guitars for beginners.
- Aesthetic looks
- Very easy to handle and play.
- This electric guitar is slightly heavier than the other electric guitars available in the market.
- Sound of the pickups maybe muffled at times.
Jackson JS Dinky Arch Top JS22 Electric Guitar
best electric guitars for kids, best electric guitars for beginners
4.3 out of 5, 36+ Reviews
Jackson is another brand that is well-known for its quality musical instrument products throughout the world. Jackson is one of the brands of choice for all bands and heavy guitarists from all over the world. This best electric guitar from Jackson has been specifically built and designed to create sonic chaos all around. Along with its classy look and the sonic tempo, this best electric guitar from Jackson is a must-have for you. At an affordable price, this guitar comes with packed features making it ideal for all the different playing styles. Let’s take a look at its features.
- This best electric guitar from Jackson is designed for right-handed guitarists.
- The price of this electric guitar is quite affordable which makes it easy for you to purchase and encourages you to play it every day.
- To give you that extra sound and playing quality this best electric guitar comes with a high-output pickup that amplifies every sound you make on the guitar.
- The sound is made exceptional in this best electric guitar by the presence of a bound amaranth fingerboard.
- The fretboard is a compound radius fretboard and models are available with a fretboard length of 12” to 16”. So, you can choose a model with the fretboard length that best suits your playing style.
- This best electric guitar by Jackson has been designed as a high-performance guitar with a solid body type which makes it an excellent match for aggressive guitarists.
- Handling the guitar is also quite easy owing to its dinky shape.
- This guitar is equipped with dual Jackson custom humbuckers for excellent sound quality.
- It’s equipped with a two-piece tremolo tailpiece.
- Equipped with graphite-reinforced maple neck which allows adjustable playing.
- Hardware is best making it ideal for aggressive and rough uses.
- Price is affordable.
- The sound is loud. At a cheap price, you get a concert guitar-like sound quality.
- Limited versatility.
Fender Squier Bullet Strat with Tremolo Electric Guitar, Rosewood Neck
best fender electric guitar, best electric guitar brands in India
3.9 out of 5, 131+ Reviews
Another entry from the iconic musical instrument brand Fender, this guitar is a classy option for you if you are looking to ignite the latent guitarist in you and also become the talk of the town by owning one of the coolest guitars ever. This best electric guitar from Fender has all the major features necessary to meet the demands of a budding guitarist or a professional shredder. Let’s take a look at its features.
- This best electric guitar from Fender is designed with the Stratocaster shape which makes it really comfortable to hold when playing while sitting down or while standing.
- It has a single coil Stratocaster neck design along with a humbucking bridge and middle pickups too to give you that versatility in playing.
- To unlock your potential this best electric guitar comes with 21 frets which give you plenty of room to practice and improvise.
- Its look is made extremely classy with a hardware finish chrome body and durable white plastic control knobs.
- The bridge equipped on this best guitar is a tremolo bridge as well.
- Hardware is durable and stiff
- This is a perfect electric guitar for beginners
- Body and neck design perfectly suited for ease of grip and playing
- Tone quality is excellent
- Sometimes buzzing sound may be generated
- Switches may be problematic from time to time
Cort CR250TBK Classic Rock Series Electric Guitar
best electric guitars for beginners, top 10 Best Electric Guitars in India
3.9 out of 5, 17+ Reviews
Cort is one brand of musical instruments which is the preferred choice of rock and concert guitarists all over the world. This particular model from Cort is designed in a way to help you embrace the budding Rockstar in your heart and gives you that ultimate rock band guitarist look. Along with its stunning aesthetics, this best electric guitar from Cort has all the right features which make it perfectly concert-ready. Let’s take a look at its features
- This best electric guitar from Cort is designed with voiced tone VTH-59 pickups with custom gauge coils. The pickup design has been inspired by PAF pickups.
- To maintain the tuning stability, this best electric guitar comes with vintage machine heads which are durable, easy to operate, and also give that vintage and classic look to your electric guitar.
- The aesthetics of this guitar is enhanced by a flamed maple top build with ivory binding.
- Guitar comes with 22 frets
- Tonal quality is superb
- Tuning stability is excellent owing to vintage machine tuning heads.
- For beginners, this guitar can be a bit expensive
Ibanez GRX – 40 – TFB, 6 Strings Electric Guitar
best electric guitars for beginners, top 10 Best Electric Guitars in India
4.0 out of 5, 18+ Reviews
When it comes to longstanding tradition and overall performance, Ibanez is a respected brand to look for. This model from Ibanez is the best electric guitar for every level of guitarists from beginners to professional guitarists. Along with the eye-catching perfect design and exceptional tonal quality, this best electric guitar is a must-have to make it your long-time companion. Let’s take a look its features
- This guitar is made durable owing to a Poplar body and holding it and playing it is really comfortable and easy owing to a GRGR maple neck.
- To help you learn or even play like a pro, this best electric guitar comes with jumbo frets which is the love of many guitarists.
- The hardware is strong and really reliable.
- The body is made of basswood giving it a premium finish and look.
- Some of the impressive stats which make this guitar stand out are – Scale: 648mm/25.5-inch, Width at Nut: 43mm, Width at Last Fret: 56mm, thickness at 1st: 20.5mm, thickness at 12th: 23mm, radius: 400mm.
- Easy to use tremolo bridge
- Exceptional R (H) neck pickup
- Best for beginners
- The guitar’s weight needs some time getting used to.
Jackson JS32 Dinky DKA Electric Guitar (Natural Oil)
best electric guitar brands in India, best electric guitars for beginners
4.1 out of 5, 27+ Reviews
This second entry from Jackson is one of the best electric guitars in India if you are looking for a sturdy electric guitar with some of the sweetest tones ever. This guitar is designed in a way to help guitarists bring out the purest form of all the notes all the while being easy to play and learn. Let’s take a look at its features
- Its durability is enhanced owing to a mahogany body material and a natural oil finishing which gives it a perfect touch.
- The Dinky body shape makes it comfortable to hold and makes you look cool while playing too.
- This is the best electric guitar in India as it controls the master tone and volume automatically to give you the sweetest sound.
- With dome-style control knobs. Bolt-on maple seed neck with scarf joints and a pointed 6-in-line headstock this is the best electric guitar for performing on stage or simply strumming along at your leisure
- Extremely fun to play
- Excellent tone
- Electronics are solid and hardware is sturdy
- Pickup quality is great
- Fret buzz may be generated on frequent playing.
- Craftmanship may not seem exquisite.
Ibanez S520 – WK, 6 Strings Electric Guitar
best electric guitar brands in India, top 10 Best Electric Guitars in India
4.3 out of 5, 9+ Reviews
Another entry from Ibanez, this is a dainty little electric guitar which is ideal for a beginner and helps you bring out your talents as an exceptional guitarist. Here are its features
- This best electric guitar is designed with a flat but sturdy maple neck making it an ideal choice for dynamic guitarists.
- This best electric guitar is equipped with ZPS (Zero Point System).
- The spring can be adjusted manually which is a great feature to have in an electric guitar.
- This guitar is one of the best electric guitars in India as its body is designed from mahogany which is the best material for guitar in the market.
- Exceptional features at affordable price
- 24 jumbo frets
- Slight buzz with extended use
Ibanez RG8 – BK, 8 Strings Electric Guitar
best electric guitars for beginners, top 10 Best Electric Guitars in India
5.0 out of 5, 6+ Reviews
This electric guitar from Ibanez is the only 8 string guitars in this list and is worth a mention. This best 8 string electric guitar is a dream for many guitarists owing to its exceptional build quality and beautiful notes. Owning and playing this best electric guitar not only enhances your voice if you are a singer but also enhances your performance on stage. Here are its features.
- This best electric guitar has a 5-piece maple/walnut wizard ii-8 neck making it a dream to play.
- The jumbo frets make it easy for your fingers to play the notes and also aids your playing style
- The finest basswood make gives it a look worth dying for.
- Aesthetically extremely pleasing
- The slim neck with a unique design for ease of playing.
- Pickups are of the highest quality
- Stock strings and sharp frets
- Factory setup is not up to the mark
Top 10 Best Electric Guitars in India- Buying guide
Now that we have reviewed the ten best electric guitars in India, we will now discuss the different factors which need to be considered before you purchase the best electric guitar suited to you. Oftentimes, as an aspiring artist, you may have been advised to steer clear of electric guitar when starting to learn. However, nothing could be much further from the truth and can be considered as a myth. In reality, as an aspiring guitarist, an electric guitar is actually an easier means of learning to play the guitar. To help you choose an electric guitar that suits your playing style, given below is a list of features that you need to consider when purchasing.
One of the most important factors to consider when purchasing an electric guitar is its shape. Like acoustic guitars, electric guitars also come in various shapes. Apart from making the electric guitars look cool, the shape of the guitar also is very important in its playability. As electric guitars are thinner than acoustics, cutaways are in a position to help lock it down on your thighs when playing sitting down. One of the most recognizable shapes is the Stratocaster which is the most popular and is really cool to look at. Furthermore, as they are usually solid body guitars, electric guitars are also heavier than acoustic guitars and the shape makes it easier for you to handle. So make sure you are comfortable playing the guitar when standing and sitting before making the purchase.
Pickups are tiny magnets present below the strings on the body of the electric guitar. These are electromagnets that are designed to generate tiny electrical signals depending on the vibration of the strings. Pickups are an essential component of the electric guitar which helps in shaping the final tone of the electric guitar.
Pickups are broadly of two types
- single coils
- double coils.
Double coil pickups are also called humbuckers. The basic difference between these two types of pickups is that single-coil pickups are thinner sounding and slightly noisier and are perfect for standing out amongst the sound of other instruments. Humbuckers on the other hand produce a heavier tone. They are much less noisy than single coils and have a higher output level than single-coil pickups.
The selection of pickups depends upon the type of music you want to play. Generally, blues and Jazz guitarists often prefer electric guitars with the single coil pickup to provide them with clarity of sound and higher projection as is needed in this style of guitar playing. On the other hand, high output humbucker pickups are preferred by guitarists who play metal, progressive rock, and other heavy genres.
The playability is the measure of how easily playable the guitar is and how clearly each individual note sound when plucked. Guitars with bad playability can discourage a beginner leading them to quit altogether. One major feature that determines playability is something called guitar action. Guitar action is the measure of the height of the strings above the fretboard. Guitar action needs to be low enough to ensure good playability and high enough to minimize the buzzing sound when strings are plucked. Playability is good when the fretboard is smooth and does not prove to be an unnecessary hindrance when playing. Furthermore, since it’s an electric guitar, it is mandatory to note that the switches and knobs on the body are close enough for the guitarist to access them with their strumming hand while playing.
The part of the guitar that holds the strings in place is called the bridge. Bridges can of different types like tremolo, Floyd rose, etc. What you need to check when purchasing the electric guitar is that how well does the bridge holds the tuning of the guitar and how easy it is to change the strings. Tremolo bridges are designed in a way such it the string through mechanism is easy to operate and you can change strings much easier. However, a tremolo bridge is not as good in terms of tuning stability. On the other hand, Floyd rose bridges are better at holding tuning but are really difficult to operate for a beginner when string change is needed.
The knob-like gear mechanisms present at the head of the electric guitar are called tuners and their main function is to tune individual strings to their corresponding notes. The entire tension of the string is held between the tuner and the bridge. While there are a lot of different types of tuners, they can be broadly classified into locking and non-locking types. AS the name suggests, locking tuners have a locking mechanism that is capable of holding a string at a set tuning. Locking tuners are however quite expensive. High-quality, non-locking tuners are also capable of holding tune and provide tuning stability at a much lower price.
The tone of an electric guitar is influenced by several factors like a pickup, type of bridge, type of tonewood used, etc. that being said, whether the tone is good or bad depends on personal taste and choice. However, as a thumb rule, electric guitars with a muddy mid-range aren’t advisable.
Another test to check for the tone of your electric guitar which you can do is plug it into an amplifier and see how good it sounds. If your guitar sounds loud and bright with a good sustain when unplugged, it should definitely give a good sound when plugged in.
FAQs: Top 10 Best Electric Guitars in India
If you are a beginner then it is advisable to start with an electric guitar with fewer switches and knobs and good playability. In our opinion, a Telecaster or Stratocaster shaped guitar would be a good electric guitar to start with.
An electric guitar is very faint to hear when you play it just like that. To get the proper sound, you need to plug it into a device called the amplifier. It is therefore highly recommended to purchase an amplifier along with your electric guitar. Solid state amplifiers are very affordable in India. Portable amplifiers are also emerging as a substitute for the big bulky amplifiers.
These gadgets are called pedals. Their fundamental role is to enhance the tone and effect of your electric guitar and is therefore an optional attachment. As a beginner, you don’t need to worry about procuring a pedal. Once you get proficient in playing the guitar you can always add different pedals for the desired effect.
The best thing about electric guitars is that they do not produce much sound themselves. Only when they are connected to an amplifier the volume is high. However, there are volume knobs on the amplifier which helps you control the output volume to a desired level. Some amplifiers also provide a headphone output option.
Electric guitars and amplifiers are available in the market at varying price ranges. You can get both an electric guitar and an amplifier within 10000 rupees or even spend lakhs on them. It all depends on what you are searching for and how much you are willing to spend.
Investing in and owning a guitar is a big responsibility. While electric and acoustic may fundamentally follow the same principles, they are definitely different instruments in terms of playability and tone. Therefore, it should be kept in mind that the selection criteria for an electric guitar is much different than acoustic guitar. Depending on how they are shaped, guitars like Telecasters, Stratocasters and Les Paul sound distinctly different but are in no way inferior or superior to each other. Before you venture to purchase the electric guitar of your dreams, you should be aware of the type of music you want to learn and create. Depending on the genre, you will be able to choose the best electric guitar with the perfect tone and playability that will complement your style and genre of playing. To help you with that in this article we have reviewed the top 10 best electric guitars in India which are best for both beginners and professionals at the same time. Furthermore, the buyer’s guide section of this article will help you to understand what factors you need to consider before you go to purchase the electric guitar of your choice.
In case you have further queries or want to share your views, feel free to post it in the comment section below.
Only use the below comment form to ask your queries & share your experience. We may take a day or two to reply to your comments and queries. Please don’t use the comment section for backlinks as it will not be approved. However, for the backlink, partnership and advertisement related queries kindly contact us at [email protected]
Thanks for your coordination & support!