With rapid technological advancement, the definition of personal safety has been changed. There are a lot of options available in the market in terms of locks for doors which are much more high-tech than the conventional locks and boast of many features other than just locking the doors. These advanced locks or electronic digital locks have taken the market by storm with more and more people opting to install the various models as per their requirements at home and at their workspace both for added security and convenience of use. In light of this, we have prepared this article where we have reviewed the Top 10 best electronic lock for doors in India along with a comprehensive Buyer’s Guide.
Top 10 Best Electronic Lock for Doors in India- Review
We have divided our research article into 3 basic sections of which in the first section we will review and list out our top picks of smart door locks. In our second section, we will be talking about the factors that you shall consider while buying the best smart door locks for your home. And finally, we have tried to answer some of the consumer’s queries we came across while researching the topic.
So, without any delay, let us start our best picks of electronic door locks
Godrej Smart Biometric Advantis Door Lock
3.7 out of 5, 36+ reviews
The first entry in this list is this electronic lock for doors from the giants Godrej who are a stalwart in the field of locks and safes. This model from Godrej is a biometric lock for doors and comes with many features
- This electronic lock for the door from Godrej is a biometric lock for doors which offers a 360-degree fingerprint access and has enough memory to register up to 100 fingerprints making it ideal for use in small to medium business offices
- Along with it being a fingerprint lock for doors, this model is also a smart lock for doors as it supports RFID based security.
- This best digital lock for doors can be programmed with 4 unique passcodes and the size of the passcode can range from 4 to 12 digits.
- For emergencies, this best digital lock for doors comes with a mechanical backup key that can be used to operate the smart lock for doors at times of emergencies.
- This fingerprint lock for door comes with a small display screen and is compatible with video door phones and remote controls. There is a low battery indicator which tells you when to replace the lithium-ion batteries.
- Biometric access with 360-degree fingerprint
- RFID access
- 4 unique passcodes
- Break-in damage alarm, fire sensor, low battery indicator
- 1-year warranty
- Installation customer service not up to the mark
Yale Digital Door Lock, YDME50
4.1 out of 5, 22+ reviews
The YDE50 is an electronic lock for doors and one of the best digital lock for doors by Yale. Let’s take a look at its features.
- This is a deadbolt lock with a digital keypad that provides access through a PIN code, RFID cards, and a mechanical key.
- This is one of the best digital locks for doors and it can support 30 RFIDs. This means that the lock can register up to 30 different RFID card codes.
- If you are looking to set up the lock with a PIN code, then this best digital lock for doors is capable of registering 78 different PINs for use.
- This electronic lock for doors is quite durable as its made of strong, good quality metal with the keypad embossed onto the lock and slightly elevated to make it easier to read and use.
- Price is just right
- Deadbolt lock with backup mechanical keys
- 30 RFID card memory
- 78 unique PIN registration memory
- 1 year warranty
- Manual for users is not comprehensive
Evotech Residential & Commercial Wooden Door Handle Digital Security Lock-Top 10 Best Electronic Lock for Doors in India
4 out of 5, 8+ reviews
The third entry in this list is a bit different electronic lock for doors. This electronic lock for doors has a tiny screen and is also a fingerprint lock for doors. Let’s take a look at its features
- This best digital lock for doors is a biometric lock for doors that recognizes your fingerprint. You can also set a PIN passcode and RFID cards for operation.
- This is one of the best digital locks for doors and it can store the information of 200 members combined on the PIN passcode, RFID identity, and fingerprint data.
- The button of the keypad is touch-based. This best digital lock for doors has an automated voice that alerts when the device is locking or is unlocked.
- This biometric lock for doors has a low battery level indicator so that you can replace the depleted batteries well in advance.
- This is one of the best digital locks for doors as it is built of high-quality materials which makes it anti-rust, duct proof, and corrosion-resistant.
- Available in left and right-handed door configurations
- RFID, Biometric fingerprint, passcode PIN, and backup mechanical key support
- Keypad is touch-based
- Easy installation
- 1-year warranty
- Company installation support not available
Adel Chrome Polished Digital Fingerprint Door Lock
3.4 out of 5, 22+ reviews
The Adel chrome polished door lock is one of the best digital lock for doors and comes with many interesting features devoted to increase security
- This is a biometric lock for doors with a 4 key combination feature
- This fingerprint lock for doors can store up to 120 different fingerprints and one unique 4-digit PIN which can be a combination of the digits 0, 1, 2, 3.
- This is a very durable and tough fingerprint lock for doors. It has a 30 megapixel CMOS color sensor resolution and a 500 DPI anti-destruction sensor which are capable of withstanding the continuous impact of 1000 times without sustaining damages.
- To prepare for emergencies this biometric lock for doors comes with a mechanical key for easy operation.
- Compact size with simple usage
- Biometric lock with 120 fingerprint memories
- Backup mechanical key for emergencies
- Extremely durable and damage resistant
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
- No RFID compatibility
- Only a single 4 digit PIN code which may not be completely effective for superior protection
- Lack of screen
Tinxy Door Lock with WiFi Controller and Door Sensor
4.5 out of 5, 68+ reviews
This electronic lock for doors model from Tinxy is a true smart lock for doors and is replete with features aimed at increasing safety. Let’s take a look at its features
- This is one of the budget-friendly smart locks for doors in the market which also boasts of Wifi connectivity amongst other features
- This best electronic lock for doors has a theft alarm along with a custom setting that you can easily share with your family. It also lets you know if the door is locked or unlocked on your app. You can easily sound the alarm if there is unauthorized access.
- There is an app that you can install from the Play Store on to the smartphone that enables you to remotely control the smart lock for doors.
- This smart lock for doors is Wi-Fi compatible and the app can use Wi-Fi for easy integration into the home automation systems. The most interesting feature of this best digital lock for doors is that it is compatible with Alexa and Google Home.
- Spare mechanical keys are also provided in case of emergencies.
- Smart lock with Wi-Fi compatibility
- Smartphone app-based control
- The lock status of the door can be monitored from the app
- 1-year warranty
- No RFID or biometric fingerprint support.
- Only good for residences and not for office spaces
Robotouch Trinity LED Display Keyless Biometric Fingerprint Door Lock
4.1 out of 5, 14+ reviews
This model from Robotouch is a keyless biometric fingerprint lock for doors with an LED display. Here are its features
- This fingerprint lock for doors supports fingerprint, 4 digit passcode, and a mechanical key-based unlocking feature.
- Setting up, registering, and verifying the fingerprint is quite fast in this biometric lock for doors.
- The four-digit PIN is limited to combinations of 0, 1, 2, 3 keys on the keypad.
- This fingerprint lock for doors can register 120 fingerprints and is an ideal choice for offices
- 360 degree fingerprint sensor and can store 120 fingerprints
- Budget friendly
- Easy to install
- 6 months manufacturer’s warranty
- No RFID support
- The PIN can be done from only 4 digits
Ultraloq UL3 BT Keyless Smart Door Lock -Top 10 Best Electronic Lock for Doors in India
3.8 out of 5, 2230+ reviews
This electronic lock for doors from Ultraloq is a smart lock for doors and its many features make this smart lock for doors one of the best digital locks for doors in the market. Here are its features
- This smart lock for door boasts of a 5-in-1 mode of entry which includes fingerprint, passcode, smartphone app-based, knock to open, and a mechanical key for emergencies.
- You can connect to this smart lock for doors via Bluetooth and access its features through the Ultraloq app (best digital lock for doors).
- This smart lock for doors has an advanced fingerprint sensor providing 360 fingerprint sense, a knock to open and a shake to open feature on your smartphone. You can also view the user logs on your Ultraloq app. This best digital lock for doors also boasts of an anti-peep touchscreen for extra safety.
- This smart lock for doors has a reversible handle, weatherproof built, an intuitive OLED display, energy-saving Bluetooth connectivity, and low battery indicator
- 5-in-1 keyless entry feature
- Bluetooth connectivity
- 1 year warranty
- Very Expensive due to import taxes in India
- The lock is unreliable at times
Yale YDM3109 Digital Door Lock
3.3 out of 5, 10+ reviews
The Yale YDM3109 is one of the best digital locks for doors and comes with many features that make it a worthy purchase.
- This electronic lock for doors provides the options of RFID, passcode, and mechanical key override based access.
- This best digital lock for doors can register 30 RFID cards and 58 unique passcodes
- The keypad is an OLED screen with a small display that contains the low battery indicator as well. A low battery indication is provided by both alarm and the LED lighting up.
- It is made of zinc alloy which makes it tough.
- Multiple access modes
- Mechanical key for emergencies
- Low battery level alarm and indicator
- Auto unlock feature by rotating the handle inside the house
- Lack of online support post installation
- No warranty as the Locks are imported
OPEN Door Two Smart Door Lock -Top 10 Best Electronic Lock for Doors in India
4.5 out of 5, 11+ reviews
This Smart lock for doors from Open is one of the best digital locks for doors in India. Here are its features
- This smart lock for doors has 5 way unlocking features of fingerprint, passcode, NFC card, Bluetooth and mechanical key during emergencies.
- This best digital lock for doors can store up to 100 fingerprints and 100 NFC card users making it ideal for use in an office
- You can remote control the opening and closing of the lock through your smartphone app via Bluetooth connectivity.
- With the aid of your smartphone, you can provide your guests/housekeepers or temporary employees with temporary time sensitive OTP to access the smart lock for door for a stipulated period of time
- The app has both Android and iOS compatibility
- Bluetooth connectivity with 5 way access
- 100 fingerprint and 100 NFC card memory capacity
- 1 year warranty
- After sales customer service is not up to the mark.
Lavna Digital Door Locks for Wooden and Metal Doors
4.6 out of 5, 50+ reviews
The last entry in this list is this best digital lock for doors from Lavna and here are its many features
- This best digital lock for doors has a 360-degree fingerprint sensor which has a lightning-fast unlocking of 0.4 seconds.
- This fingerprint lock for doors has the capacity of storing 100 fingerprints making it ideal for office space.
- This is also a smart lock for a door where you can easily connect and operate the smart lock through an app on your smartphone via Bluetooth connectivity.
- This smart lock for doors also supports RFID and PIN passcodes and can store 100 RFID cards and 100 PIN passcodes.
- This smart lock for doors has an auto-locking system along with a low battery indicator. It also has an external power source port where you can connect the lock with an external power source for some time to open it when the battery level runs low.
- You can easily control the operation of this smart lock for doors with the help of your smartphone app where you can provide temporary OTP to guests for opening the doors which expire after some time
- Smart lock with Bluetooth connectivity and smartphone control
- 100 fingerprints, 100 RFID cards and 100 PIN passcode memory
- Unlocking log readily available on your smartphone
- 1 year manufacturer’s warranty
- The app is not up to the mark
Now that we have looked into the 10 best electronic lock for doors in India, we will now discuss the different factors you need to consider before purchasing an electronic lock for your door.
Buyer’s Guide: Top 10 Best Electronic Lock for Doors in India
When it comes to choosing the perfect lock for your home, you cannot just walk into a shop and pick a lock off the shelf. A lot of thought needs to go into choosing the correct and most safe lock to protect your privacy and your home. Hence, the factors discussed below will give you an idea of the different factors you need to consider before purchasing the electronic lock for your home.
Type of Locking Technology
The most important factor that you need to consider before anything else is the type of locking technology being employed by the electronic lock. Based on the locking mechanism being used, electronic door locks can be classified into the following types
- Digital locks – these are RFID or chip based digital locks which can be opened by a pre-programmed combination. They are generally found on safes or entry gates of offices etc to provide filtration gated assistance rather than complete security.
- Electronic locks – these are older to digital locks but run under the same principle of needing a pattern or a passcode for security purposes.
- Smart Locks – Smart locks are locks with advanced features like wifi or Bluetooth connectivity and can be operated via your smartphone. Smart locks can be further of different types like
- Pattern and pin based – a keypad based smart lock which lets you configure a pin or a pattern to open your locked door.
- RFID smart cards – these are smart locks having RFID (Radiofrequency IDentification) scanner which scans the smart card containing RFID chip in them to open the locked door. These locks only open when a particular RFID smart card is used to swipe.
- Biometric – a biometric lock is an advanced security lock which opens with your physical biometric like fingerprint or even a retinal scanner. These types of locks are fool-proof and most advanced.
The second most important factor to consider is the level of integration the lock will provide you. This is the measure of how many smart devices or what type of smart devices your lock is compatible with or can be used to control. Mentioned below are the most common type of integrations in all types of electronic locks.
- Google and Alexa compatibility – Once integrated, your smart lock can be easily controlled through voice commands via Google or Alexa.
- IFFT or SmartThings compatibility – IFTT (If This, Then That) or SmartThings developed by Samsung can be used to control the smartphone on a conditional basis easily
- Home Automation Integration – If you already have a home automation system or software present in your house then your lock should be able to easily integrate into the home system or software for use. If the integration happens, then you can not only control the usual opening and closing of the locks, you can program it to do so under special circumstances like automatically opening door locks in case of a house fire, or automatically locking the entire room in case of an invasion or threat.
Power Supply and indicators
All smart locks come with their independent power supply by the help of batteries. Most of them come with lithium ion batteries whereas some are powered by superconductors too. To ensure that your locks keep functioning, it is advisable to choose the lock with the longest battery life. Along with that, it would be advisable to get a lock with a low battery indicator. This will enable you to change the batteries ell in advance to prevent the lock from shutting down.
One of the most important factors to consider is the durability of the product. High durable depends upon the build quality and the materials used in the manufacture of the lock. Conventional locks are usually made from steel and die-cast zinc and smart locks are made of tougher material having more elasticity in them which prevents them from breaking easily. This type of construction makes the lock tougher than harder as harder things tend to crack and break. So when you are choosing the lock, make sure that you check out the material used for building it.
Smart locks need physical and software installation and therefore needs to be done with expert guidance. Since smart locks need to be integrated into your home smart devices or into your home automated software, several companies provide free installation service for perfect and hassle free usage.
Customer Service and warranty
Since smart locks are a premium piece of home appliance and is paramount for safety, it is imperative that you check the customer service quality provided by the company whose lock you intend to purchase. To know more about the customer feedback, read the reviews and feedback of previous customers on the amazon page of the product to make an informed decision.
The last important thing to consider is the warranty being provided by the company. A minimum of 1 year warranty on the product is a must for these products. It is advised to never choose a lock without warranty. It is always smart to compromise on the features but never on the warranty.
Frequently Asked Questions: Top 10 Best Electronic Lock for Doors in India
A smart door lock is an electronic and mechanical locking device that can be accessed and controlled to open wirelessly from an authenticated device remotely following the user’s authorization. They make use of wireless connectivity technology like Wi-Fi or Bluetooth to connect remotely to your smartphone or your home automated system and you can control them with the help of an app on your phone or an integrated remote.
Like with any type of lock built to safeguard any type of door or safe, there is always a remote risk of the lock being hacked or bypassed. Electronic locks too have the remote probability of getting hacked but are much more safer than conventional locks owed to their added anti hack features like freezing of combination locks after repeated wrong attempts, chip enabled fob specific to the lock and the presence of fingerprint and biometric scanners that provide advanced security which are fool-proof.
Electronic door locks are very safe as they provide you with extra security with passcode, fingerprint or biometric and RFID card entry. There are some electronic door locks which are smart locks and can be controlled by an app on your smartphone. With this you can easily keep track of how many times the door has been opened and by whom at the click on your button on your phone. In case of emergencies like low battery power or any other calamity, some electronic locks come with an external power port to help you operate the lock till you change the batteries. All the electronic locks come with a hidden spare mechanical key that you can use to easily unlock the door in case of emergencies.
The option to turn off/on your smart lock for door will be given to you by the service provider and will reflect on the smartphone app provided by the company with which you control the lock.
Until now, in this article” Top 10 Best Electronic Lock for Doors in India” we have talked about electronic locks for doors. Nowadays most of the families are in dual-income groups and have their independent lifestyle with different office timings and so on. For those, electronic doors have become a boon as now none of them has to worry about the duplicate keys getting lost or arranging keys for maids. If you have a smart lock installed at your door, you can allow access to your maids sitting at your office. Not only these, you can think of lots of more examples where a digital lock can be a boon for you.
So, think for a while and post your reason to have a digital lock installed at your place. If you have any other query, do let us know by posting in the comment section below.
Stay Safe, Stay Smart!
Do check out other articles from our authors