Electronic safe lockers are the best choice when you want to protect your valuables like jewelry or important documents from home theft. Since they are so important, therefore it is ideal to invest in good quality and sturdy electronic safe. In this article, we have addressed the issue of choice and have reviewed the 10 best electronic safes for home along with a comprehensive buyers guide.
10 best electronic safes for home -Reviews
IN this section we will talk about our best selected electronic safes for home. In our second section we have given the detailed buyer’s guide about the electronic safes and discussed about the factors you should keep in mind while going to purchase your electronic safe. And finally, at the end we answered some of the queries asked by consumers we came across our research.
Godrej Security Solutions Access Electronic Safe
3.7 out of 5, 215+ reviews
When it comes to safes, Godrej is the first brand that comes to mind. This model from Godrej is one of the best electronic safe in the market for home. Let’s take a look at its features
- The design is compact and this Godrej electronic safe has a solid steel exterior that can only be opened by entering a passcode.
- This Godrej electronic safe has a capacity of 8 liters along with a 3 to 6-digit passcode entry and a manual override button in case you forget the passcode.
- The stainless steel door along with motorized shooting bolts makes it pry proof and provides added security as it is quite difficult to break into this electronic safe.
- This Godrej electronic safe has a safety feature that prevents any attempted break-in. If the password is entered wrong for 4 times consecutively, the safe freezes automatically making it next to impossible to open.
- The interior of this best electronic safe is carpeted with a smooth surface which ensures that your valuables do not get scratched unnecessarily. The interior has a dimension of 200 mm height, 300 mm width, and 200 mm depth which will provide ample space to help you store all your valuables inside the safe very comfortably.
- The LED display comes with a battery level indicator that flashes when the battery level is low which means you will have to change the batteries now.
- The company will provide you with a master password with which you can access the safe in case you have forgotten your password. The master password can also be changed by you after purchase.
- The memory is non-volatile meaning that the password will not be released even if the battery runs out.
- The electronic safe is solid and well built.
- The motorized shooting bolts makes breaking in extremely difficult
- Auto freeze feature to protect safe when password is entered wrong 4 consecutive times
- Master password included for opening the safe even if you forget the password.
- Interior carpeting
- Non-volatile memory
- The door gets jammed sometimes
- Godrej charges installation charges
AmazonBasics Security Safe -Best affordable electronic safe
3.9 out of 5, 5610+ reviews
This 14L electronic safe from AmazonBasics is one of the best electronics safe for home in India and it comes with many notable features at an affordable price which makes it value for money. Here are its features
- This best electronic safe has a capacity and its safety is optimized by the presence of reprogrammable digital access along with a solid steel exterior that has a door of 2 inches thickness.
- There are two emergency keys for manual over-ride in case you forget the passcode.
- There are 4 bolts included which can be used to mount the safe on to the wall, on the floor, or on a shelf.
- The electronic interface is powered by AA batteries
- This electronic safe has an external dimension of 16.93 inches length, 14.57 inches width, and 7.09 inches height providing ample space for storing your valuables.
- The interior is carpeted and the exterior design makes it tamper-proof to a considerable degree.
- This electronic safe has a digital display that has indicators for locked, unlocked, and low battery status.
- For added security, this best electronic safe is equipped with 2 live-door bolts, along with a superior pry-resistant steel door and concealed hinges. This design and arrangement prevent any kind of external intrusion keeping your valuables safe.
- Stainless door with pry-proof material for added safety and durability
- Easily operational
- Manual is available for easy installation
- The electronic lock system is excellent and beyond expectations.
- Spacious with carpeted interiors
- Value for money
- Battery indicator is not reliable
- No fireproof or water proof rating.
Stok ST- ES1723 Small Electronic Safe –10 best electronic safes for home
3.3 out of 5, 187+ reviews
This compact electronic safe in white from Stok is one of the best electronic safes for your home in India right now and comes with a lot of interesting features. Let’s take a look at its attributes
- This electronic safe is compact and perfect for safeguarding cash and small valuables.
- The mechanism of operation is simple and easy and since it is quite lightweight, it is portable too.
- This electronic safe has a digital locking mechanism that operates on AA batteries which are not included with the package.
- This safe is highly durable as it’s made of cold-rolled steel. It has a thickness of 2mm at the body and 4mm wall thickness making it extremely durable and tamper-proof.
- This safe automatically freezes operation if you enter the wrong passcode consecutively for 3 times. The safe freezes for 3 minutes after which you can again attempt to open it with the correct passcode
- It comes with over-ride keys in case you have forgotten the passcode or in case the batteries have died.
- This best electronic safe enhances security by including a double bolt locking feature which is an added bonus at this affordable cost.
- Build quality is good and durable
- Double bolt locking mechanism for added security
- Compact and lightweight design makes it portable
- Easy password reset
- Auto freeze feature
- For the door to lock it requires a little time to align properly.
- No batteries included.
Ozone OES-BAS-05 Core Series Safe –10 best electronic safes for home
3.6 out of 5, 45+ reviews
The Ozone OES-BAS-05 is one of the best electronic safe for home at an affordable price and boasts of noteworthy features.
- This electronic safe locker from Ozone is one of the best electronic safes in India due to its strong build quality, double bolt locking feature, and lock freezing technology.
- This electronic safe locker has a capacity of 10L and comes with a dimension of 30cm x 20cm x 20cm making it compact and quite lightweight. Even though it appears small, this electronic safe locker is sufficiently spacious for safeguarding all your valuables.
- The digital interface of this best electronic safe has a low battery indicator giving you ample time to change the spent batteries in time.
- This electronic locker has got strong shooting bolts which make it really strong hence making it tamper-proof to a considerable degree.
- If you have forgotten the password or if the batteries have died, you can open the safe either by a master code provided by the manufacturer or resort to manually opening the safe with the override keys supplied.
- The lock comes with an auto freeze feature which ceases the safe from operations if the passcode is entered wrong 3 times in a row. The safe remains dysfunctional for 3 minutes after which you can open with the correct passcode.
- Superior build quality and classy design
- Low battery indicator
- Extra safety due to strong shooting bolts
- Moderately spacious interiors
- Override keys and master code provided
- Issues with warranty
- Passcodes can only be of 4 digits
- High battery consumption
IPSA ES01Compact Digital Locker –10 best electronic safes for home
3.8 out of 5, 13+ reviews
This electronic locker from IPSA is easy to operate as it comes with a simple manual locking technology which is quite effective. Let’s take a look at its features
- This model from IPSA is one of the best electronic safe lockers for home and has a simple elegant design.
- This electronic locker is built of good quality steel which increases its durability. The longevity of this electronic safe locker is ensured by the presence of a rustproof surface finish.
- The safety of this electronic safe locker is enhanced by a double locking mechanism and a 1-10 number combination key changing property.
- The locking mechanism of this electronic safe is manual in nature and the safe is designed with a knob on it.
- If you enter the wrong password three times in a row, this electronic locker will cease to respond for up to 3 minutes after which you can try again.
- Excellent and durable design
- Rustproof surface
- A double-bolt locking mechanism
- Manual locking with the knob
- 1-year warranty
- No digital display available
Armour Mechanical Safe -Best mechanical safe locker for home and office
4.4 out of 5, 28+ reviews
This heavy-duty safe from Armour is one of the best electrical safe lockers for your home for safeguarding your valuables against robbery or home invasion. Here are its features
- This electronic locker has a sturdy and strong build that is pry-proof and the presence of standard twin mechanical bolt locking feature contributes to safety.
- It is a compact safe which has a removable shelf inside the safe making it quite convenient for you to store your valuables of different shapes and sizes.
- This safe has apertures on the bottom and the back panel so that you can mount it on the wall.
- This is one of the best electronic safe lockers with an extremely precise Dimple key lock feature, twin bolt locking mechanism for added safety, and concealed hinges to prevent any prying attempts.
- Nice finishing with solid and sturdy finish
- Concealed hinges making it pry proof
- Wall mountable and hardware included for the same
- No digital display
- Bolt lock may not work properly sometimes
AmazonBasics Hidden Secret Book Safe Vault –10 best electronic safes for home
4.3 out of 5, 670+ reviews
This is a very different kind of electronic safe locker as it is small, portable and disguised like a book. This electronic safe locker gives a new meaning to the word inconspicuous as you can easily put your valuables in this electronic locker, lock it and hide it amongst your other books to keep your valuables from prying eyes. Let’s take a look at its features
- It’s one of the best electronic safes in India and is extremely compact and portable as it’s designed like a book.
- Despite being a book-shaped electronic locker, it is of XL size which provides ample space for you safely keep your valuables like jeweller, cash or even important documents like your passport.
- Durability and safety are not compromised as it is made very high quality of metal which makes it sturdy and safe.
- An exclusive item in the list
- Safe is a steel box which is durable and very strong
- Disguised as a book
- 3 digit combination code
Godrej Goldilocks Personal Safe (2.2 Liters)
Godrej is well known when it comes to security safes and lockers.This model from Godrej is one of the best personal electronic safes in the market for a home. Let’s take a look at its features
- With this Godrej personal locker, keep safe your everyday valuable at one place
- The inbuilt sensor trigger alarms if someone tries to take it away or break into it
- Keep your day to day valuables like iPad, keys, mobile phones, wallet, watches, everyday jewelry etc.
- The portable personal safe is easy to carry to another room or during travel
- Tough metal body ensures safety to your everyday valuables in your home or office
- The smart touch panel is easy to operate even in the dark
- Dimension – 28.5cm x 8cm x 30cm
- Manual available for guidance
- Touch display keypad
- Digital locking mechanism
- 12-months warranty
- No installation needed
- Operational with a 9-v battery
- Mixed after sales service response feedback
Godrej Taurus Electronic Safe (Ivory) –10 best electronic safes for home
This is the third entry from Godrej and this Godrej electronic safe is one of the best electronic safe in India which has many notable features
- This Godrej electronic safe locker is the best choice for everyday use in different places including your home.
- This Godrej electronic safe has an auto freeze feature which makes the safe shut own if an incorrect passcode is entered 3 times in a row.
- Safety is ensured in this Godrej electronic safe by means of two motorized bolts.
- The metal body is strong and is spacious enough to safeguard all your valuables
- There is a low battery indicator on the digital display as well making it one of the best electronic safe in India.
- This Godrej electronic safe has a non-volatile memory which saves the passcode even if the machine shuts down due to battery drain.
- Manual available for guidance
- Spacious storage with carpeting
- Digital locking mechanism with auto freeze technology
- Free installation by Godrej
- Multiple shelves for convenience
- The electronic safe locker has a missing bolt
- Only one shelf has carpeting
Godrej E-Laptop Pro Electronic Safe (Ivory)
This Godrej electronic safe has got powered motors which enables you to override passwords in case you have forgotten yours. Along with this, it has many notable features that make it one of the best electronic safe in India.
- This Godrej electronic safe is designed to make it spacious enough to accommodate all your valuables along with storing your e-devices like laptops to safeguard data.
- It is made of mild steel with a 3-6 digit passcode to increase your safety.
- This Godrej electronic safe has a low battery indicator along with a non-volatile memory feature
- This Godrej electronic safe locker is equipped with a master password in case you have forgotten your passcode which unlocks your safe.
- It has a USB port on the digital display from which you can retrieve data regarding passcodes onto your pen drive
- Extremely spacious
- Instruction manual easy to follow
- Body build quality could have been better
Now that we have reviewed the 10 best electronic safe for your home, we shall now discuss the different factors that you need to consider before you choose the best electronic safe for your home
10 best electronic safes for home – Buyer’s guide
Safe lockers are one of the most opted security measures for keeping your valuables safe at home as they are quite compact and easy to operate. However, choosing a perfect safe that caters to your specific requirements can be quite tricky and therefore needs to be based on understanding a few factors. In the following section, we shall discuss those factors in length to help you make an informed choice.
Types of Safes
Safes are designed keeping in mind the type of possessions or valuables a person wants to keep in the safe. As such, home safes can be broadly classified into three distinct types
These are the most commonly seen and widely known safes as most of them can be seen in movies or on daily soaps and in serials on the TV. As its name suggests, these types of safes are mounted on any area of a wall. Users can either directly mount it on the wall making it visible or they can choose to embed it inside the wall panel to be hidden by a décor in front. The only drawback of wall-mounted safes is that they a weight limit as to how much heavy objects it can withstand.
These types of safes are mainly placed on the selected floor or ground space of your house. They are fixed or bolted to the floor and have a large carrying capacity. Furthermore, since they are fixed to the floor and being made of sturdy materials, they are capable of supporting valuables which are quite heavy.
Weapon safes are safes that are made with a specific use in mind. They are usually constructed to store items of sensitive nature as well as weapons made for and of the said items. As such, these safes provide extra security like additional locks, advanced locking technology along with built-in material resembling pry proof material.
Now that we have covered the different types of safes, we shall look into the factors that will help you understand the basis of which you can shortlist the safe that fulfils your necessity perfectly.
It is always the prerogative of the customer to opt for items or objects that provide the most utility and are also not taxing on their wallets. Also in the case of safes for your home it is always advisable to save a few bucks as there are situations where safes with very less specifications are quite expensive. Hence, it is our advice that you can try purchasing a safe online. Purchasing online can help you see all the specifications of a particular safe along with the ratings and other customer feedbacks. Furthermore, prices can range from 4k to 15k depending on the specifications of the safe. So before you shell out a lot of money, make sure that the safe you intend to buy has all the specifications that you need it to have.
Ease of use
Electronic safes are made with the assistance of the most advanced technology which enables the user extra protection by allowing protection by means of a passcode. There are some high-end models that employ high-end safety technologies like retinal and/or biometric scanner for added security. However, whatever the technology being employed to make the safes super secure, it should be kept in mind that they should be user friendly and easy to operate without the interference of a third party.
With an inclination towards the concept of minimalism, people are rejecting bulky space-consuming items and accepting more compact, sleek, and ergonomically designed safes. If the safes are huge in sizes, hiding them in your house would be extremely difficult. Hence, compactness of the safe increases the safety of your valuables as compact safe can be easily concealable and can be fit anywhere away from prying eyes.
One of the most important factors that need to be considered is the durability of the safe. As safes are used to protect or safeguard your valuables, they are required to be extra durable making them long lasting. Since safes are also expensive, it also makes sense to invest in one for a long term use. Hence a safe which is known to be made of durable materials and is long-lasting is the best choice for your home.
Type of Protection
The next most important thing to consider when purchasing a safe is to look at the type of protection your safe will be providing. Based on what the safe needs to put protection from, safes can be categorized as follows
In this type, safes provide protection against high temperatures and to some extent against fire as well. Therefore in case, there is a fire or abnormally high temperature, safes with a fireproof rating will protect your valuables. The maximum temperature a safe can handle is provided by the safe manufacturer.
Waterproof/ water resistant
A safe with a waterproof or water-resistant rating will provide you protection from water-related issues. It means that safes like this will not allow the valuables inside the safe to be destroyed by water. No matter what the climatic conditions, this kind of safe will keep your valuables safe.
All safes are built to be tamper proof. Safes are essentially built in a way that will prevent tampering of any kind in order to protect your valuables inside. Safes are designed in a way so that they can withstand a certain degree of tampering. It is in special circumstances where the user may want a safe that has an added characteristic of withstanding any kind of hard or external force.
10 best electronic safes for home: Frequently Asked Questions
Electronic lockers come with state of the art digital locking mechanism along with pry-proof build and sturdy and strong materials like steel body which enhances the durability and longevity of the safe. As such the digital display provides you with a passcode combination of 1 to 10 digits depending upon the model. Furthermore, electronic lockers come with Action freeze technology which makes the safe dysfunctional if incorrect passcode is entered more than twice in a row. Inclusion of all these features makes the electronic lockers extremely safe to use.
Since the safes are made to compact and small and easily concealable, it is advisable to install the electronic lockers in enclosed spaces away from prying eyes which includes but is not limited to cupboards.
If you have valuables in your house which you need to safeguard and yet keep them close to you then home safes are the best ide to address this issue
Yes. Along with water, fire and tamper proofing, quite a number of safes are built of good quality metals which can endure insults due to hazardous chemical exposure.
To store your possessions which are weighted it is always advisable to go for a floor safe. Floor safes are mounted on the floor in your room which provides extra support to the safe and therefore increases the weight capacity of the safe.
As we have already went through the 10 Best Electronic Safes for Home reviews and detailed buyer’s guide. Today every house has maids and other helpers who come in order to help in our daily activities. Thanks to the fast life and the inability to keep eye on all of your helpers and guests is practically not possible. To help you keep your valuable safe electronic safes are one of the best solutions to your problem.
Today, Electronic safes are one of the largest sold security appliances over the internet and there are many types of safes which we already have discussed in our buyer’s guide. SO, at this point of time, I can only ask you to go through our full researched article and decide if you need a electronic safe for your valuable?
In case of any query or you want to share your thought with us, do post your queries and thoughts in the comment section below. We hope, our team will be able satisfy your query by giving you best solution to help you decide your best electronic safe for home.
Check out our trending articles from our authors