As is the trend where more with less is the norm of the day, so is the case with bicycles. Nowadays bicycles are being designed for more than one purpose of the daily commute. Hence hybrid bicycles were born. In this article, we will review the top 10 best hybrid bicycles in India along with a comprehensive buyers guide.
Top 10 best hybrid bicycles in India -Reviews
As the name suggests, a hybrid bicycle is a cross between a mountain bike and a road bike. Hence these bicycles are built for speed on normal roads and can also be used tackling off roads.
Before we go into reviewing the Top 10 best hybrid bikes in India, we shall shed some light on the general characteristics of all hybrid bikes
- Tires on hybrid bikes are narrower than MTBs but wider than the tires on Road Cycles.
- The wheel size of Hybrid cycles are generally bigger than MTBs
- Handle-bars are flat or slightly raised for increased comfort.
- Saddles are broader and more comfortable.
With this, let us now look into the Top 10 best hybrid bicycles in India
Firefox Momentum -Best premium hybrid bike under Rs. 30000
Firefox Momentum is one of the best hybrid bicycles in India which is designed quite aesthetically. Here are its features
- This best hybrid bike is made of alloy hybrid along with a Suntour NEX alloy front suspension and a hydraulic lockout making it extremely comfortable to ride.
- This best hybrid bicycle in India comes with Shimano gears providing you with a total of 24 gears which makes it the best hybrid bike for both on-road and off-road adventure and comfort.
- This is one of the best hybrid cycles in India which has Kenda K184 700 X 35C tires for added comfortable riding and mechanical brakes which are extremely responsive and helps you control this hybrid bicycle in India very easily.
- The stem of this best hybrid bicycle in India is adjustable and you can adjust the ride height very easily as per your convenience.
- Extremely comfortable to ride
- Adjustable ride height
- The mechanical braking system on both wheels
- Only front wheels have suspensions
- The hybrid bike price is around 30000 INR making it quite expensive.
Cosmic Shuffle 700C Special Edition 28T Hybrid Bicycle –Best geared hybrid bike under Rs.15000, Top 10 best hybrid bicycles in India
This hybrid cycle is one of the best hybrid bicycles in India and is affordable as compared to hybrid bicycles price. Let’s take a look at its features
- This best hybrid bike in India is an excellent choice for all types as its alloy frame makes it lightweight and easy to ride.
- This is one of the best hybrid bikes in India which provides comfortable riding whether on or off-road. Coupled with 28-speed gears it is much easier for you to control the bike on any surface.
- The ride height is adjustable making it easy for you to adjust the height of the best hybrid cycle in India at your convenience.
- Along with base model, there are several accessories that are provided for free which include a water bottle, bottle holder, front LED light, rear danger light, cable lock, wheel reflectors, pedal set, etc.
- alloy frame makes it lightweight
- durable built with wide tires for added grip and riding ease
- both front and rear suspension are rigid
Omobikes Model-1.0 Light Weight Hybrid Cycle –Best hybrid bike under Rs.10000
3.9 out of 5, 274+ reviews
Omobikes is the result of making India healthy initiative and is the brainchild of two IIT graduates. This model from Omobikes is one of the best hybrid bicycles which is extremely lightweight and thus makes your ride a comfortable one. Here are its features
- This best hybrid bike in India is lightweight weighing only 12.9 kgs and has 26X1.75 tires making it a super lightweight best hybrid bicycle for a fast commute.
- The seat is adjustable and the best hybrid bicycle can accommodate rides of 5- 6 feet height.
- The steel frame has high tensile strength, is durable as tested with a double load of 95Kgs, and also boasts of an anti-rust coating which increases the longevity (best hybrid bikes in India). The double-wall alloy rims make sure that the bike remains stable and well balanced even when you are running it at high speeds.
- Another excellent feature of this best hybrid bicycle is that it is equipped with puncture-resistant tires. This means that you can ride this hybrid bike over long distances without any worry about a puncture or changing the tires due to a puncture.
- Lightweight steel frame with high tensile strength
- Double-wall alloy rims
- Easy and quick adjustable seats
- Best hybrid bicycle price of less than 15000
- Front and rear have rigid suspensions
- Road bike tires are standard with the model
Hercules Roadeo A50 26T 21 Gear Hybrid Cycle –Best geared hybrid bike under Rs.15000, Top 10 best hybrid bicycles in India
No list of bicycles is complete without an entry from the bicycle giants Hercules. This model from Hercules is one of the best hybrid bicycles in this list and it comes with a lot of interesting features that make it one of the best hybrid cycles in India. Here are its features
- This best hybrid bike in India from Hercules is designed with an aluminum alloy body making it lightweight and durable at the same time.
- It has a 21 gear assembly and along with 26” wheels with 18.5” frame, you can attack any terrain with confidence and ease and it further increases your comfort while riding (best hybrid bicycles in India).
- This best hybrid cycle in India from Hercules has front suspension, 26’’ x 2.1” Nylon Black tires and disk brake system in the front wheel giving you extra comfort and added control even at high speeds or on dangerous terrain.
- The 21 gears can be changed effortlessly through a thumb shifter present on the handlebar.
- Aluminum alloy body making it lightweight and sturdy
- Wide tires with front disc brake
- Broad 600mm XMR handlebar
- Adjustable seat
- 21 gear assembly
- The front suspension has shockers
- The product comes 80% assembled. Remaining 20% assemblage may be tricky
Btwin Riverside 100 Hybrid Cycle –Best hybrid bike under Rs.10000
The Btwin Riverside 100 Hybrid cycle is the best hybrid bicycle with a hybrid bicycle price of less than 10000 and excellent features make this model value for money. Here are its features
- This best hybrid cycle in India is specifically designed for you to stay fit and active by riding those bike trails in the park for 30 minutes to an hour. The innovative design is a first model from Btwin that allows you to shift road or trails effortlessly.
- This is a 6-speed gear bike with a strong fork designed to enhance power. You can change gears easily and smoothly by the Micro shift 6-speed grip shifters on the handlebar.
- The optimized frame geometry makes it one of the best hybrid bicycles in India suited for both boys and girls alike. Furthermore, the ride height can be altered as per your height by the easy adjustment stem.
- This best hybrid cycle in India is equipped with Duro Cordoba hybrid/trail 700x42c tires which ensures safety on the road of all types.
- The handlebar is semi raised and 620 mm wide providing good support, easy handling, and slip-free grip for comfortable rides.
- Ideal for short rides
- Tires are road and trail compatible
- 6-speed drivetrain
- Height adjustable stem
- Dual Cordoba hybrid/trail 700x42c tyres
- Front and rear suspensions are rigid.
- Cannot be used for long-distance travel
- Not the fastest hybrid bike out there.
Hercules Roadeo Fugitive 26T 21 Gear Steel Hybrid Cycle –Best geared hybrid bike under Rs.15000, Top 10 best hybrid bicycles in India
Another entry from Hercules joins the list of one of the best hybrid bicycles in India. Let’s take a look at its features which makes it one of the best hybrid cycles in India
- This hybrid bike in India from Hercules has a frame designed from high-quality steel making it extremely durable.
- The front-wheel suspension system enables this best hybrid bicycle in India to absorb any jerks on the road to give a smooth and comfortable ride.
- The wheels are 26” x 2.1” Nylon Black tires and both the front and rear wheels are fitted with a disc braking system. Now you will never lose control over any terrain. (best hybrid bicycles in India).
- The wheels are double-walled alloy rims for extra stability and longevity and the MTB 29*2.1 tires are designed for superior grip and ride comfort (best hybrid bikes in India).
- 21-speed gears
- Thumb shifters for smooth gear change
- Double disc brakes
- 5 inch tires and 17 inch steel frame
- Only front suspension available
Hercules Roadeo Hank 27.5T 21 Gear Steel Hybrid Cycle –Best geared hybrid bike under Rs.12000, Top 10 best hybrid bicycles in India
This third entry from Hercules is one of the best hybrid cycles in India which is a perfect steel hardtail bike with a curved bottom tube and 21 gears for comfortable and easy riding experience. Here are its features
- It is one of the best hybrid bicycles in India with a superior matte finish and attractive design with coloration to grab the buyer’s attention.
- This best hybrid bike in India comes with big 27.5” sized wheels and an aggressive geometry of 27” for better acceleration.
- This best hybrid bicycle is designed to be efficient on mountainous terrain and the 21 gears with easy fire thumb shifters make it easy for you to tackle any kind of terrain quite comfortably.
- The brake system is composed of 160 mm dual disc brakes connected with friction-free black cables which provide you with a strong and robust braking system (best hybrid bikes in India).
- Comes 85% assembled with a tool kit included
- 21-speed gear facility
- The wheel size of 5 inches, frame size of 17 inches
- Dual disc braking system
- 20% assemblage may be tricky
- Only front suspensions available
Firefox Bikes Flip-Flop Fixie 26T Single Speed Hybrid Cycle –Best single speed hybrid bike under Rs.15000
The second entry from Firefox in this list is the beautifully designed, elegant Flip-Flop Fixie Hybrid bicycle which can be considered as one of the best hybrid bicycles in India in terms of hybrid bicycle price and the features. Let’s take a look at its important characteristics
- This best hybrid bike in India from Firefox has a 55-inch sturdy frame and 26 inches tires which help provide a very comfortable ride.
- This best hybrid bicycle has a V brake in the front and a rear single speed hub. The model also comes with front and rear reflectors adding to the safety of the rider.
- Front of this best hybrid bike in India is designed for strong and sturdy steel fork which increases your control when riding on rough terrain.
- The ride height can be altered by the adjustable seat mechanism in this best hybrid bike in India.
- This best hybrid bike in India comes with anti-skid tires which are also thick enough for excellent grip and safe riding conditions. The sturdy steel frame further ensures that you always have an excellent off-road adventure every time you ride this best hybrid bike in India.
- Steel hybrid frame for comfort, sturdiness and durability
- Front and rear steel disc brakes
- Anti-friction crank set
- Light weight model
- Ideal for off-road, not the fastest for on-road rides
- Comes semi-assembled. the complete assembly may need the assistance of a mechanic
Firefox Bikes Volante 27.5T 27 Speed Hybrid Cycle –Best geared hybrid bike under Rs.30000, Top 10 best hybrid bicycles in India
The third entry from Firefox, the Volante Hybrid cycle is one of the best hybrid bicycles in India with 27.5” tires, 18-inch frame, and 27-speed gears for an excellent, fast hybrid bike full of comfort and riding thrill. Here are its features
- This best hybrid bike in India comes with a sturdy 18” aluminum frame with an alloy rigid form that not only provides durability to the model but also makes the ride stable as the alloy fork absorbs all the shocks you can encounter on the road.
- This best hybrid cycle in India is designed with a V brake suspension and 27-speed hub which is designed to take your cycling experience to the next level.
- This is the best hybrid bicycle as it has been designed specifically for you to enjoy those mountain trails and off-road adventures without having to struggle or compromise on your comfort level.
- Safety and stability of the ride are further enhanced by the anti-skid wide tires that provide superior grip on any terrain.
- Aluminum alloy frame makes it lightweight and durable
- Rear brake connected by the internal cabling system
- Anti-friction crankset composed of high-tech metals for extra durability
- Front and rear V braking system
- Complete assemblage may require assistance
- No rear suspension
Triad X4 700c 21 Speed – Fully Fitted Hybrid Bicycle –Best geared hybrid bike under Rs.20000
Last in the least is this excellent hybrid bicycle model from Triad who is well known for producing quality bicycles for all types of cycling enthusiasts. This model is one of the best hybrid bicycles in India which comes loaded with features and the hybrid bicycle price makes this model a definite value for money. Let’s take a look at its features
- This best hybrid bike in India has an alloy 6061 frame which makes it lightweight and durable
- This best hybrid cycle in India is equipped with a 21-speed drivetrain which is connected to finger shifters on the handlebar allowing you to easily change gears just by the flick of a finger.
- There are both front and rear mechanical disc brakes a Suspension fork with lockout with absorbs all the shocks the road can throw at you and provide you with added control due to the braking system (best hybrid bicycles).
- The tires are 700x35c wide models with extra grip and stability and are mounted on double-wall alloy rims which are known for providing added stability.
- Lightweight alloy frame
- Mechanical disk brakes on both front and rear tires
- Adjustable seat
- 21-speed gear assembly
- Excellent for both on-road and off-roading
- No rear suspension
Now that we have reviewed the 10 best hybrid cycles in India, we will now look into the various factors that you need to consider before you choose the perfect hybrid bike for you use.
So, without further ado, let’s look at the various factors in the Buyer’s Guide below
Top 10 best hybrid bicycles in India– Buyer’s Guide
To understand which bike you want, it is important to figure out where you will be riding the most- whether its commuting in the city, or riding for a workout, or cruising on a mix of gravel and pavement. Once you have identified the area in which you intend to use the bike for, you can then select the specific features from the ones mentioned below that will make your ride a perfect one.
- 700c – This is the standard wheel size available for most of the hybrid bikes. It is not mandatory for you to focus too much on the size of the wheels but instead you should always focus on the bike that fits your riding style
- 26 in.- Some hybrid bikes are outfitted with 26 inches wheel size which is a tad smaller than the 700c wheels. If you are riding on a surface that doesn’t need large wheels then you should choose a hybrid bike with this wheel size.
Hybrid bikes are available with a wide range of gears ranging from 1 to 27 or more. To choose how many gears your hybrid bike should have, you have to factor in your fitness level and the terrain on which you intend to ride the bike. If you intend to ride on mountainous and rough terrain, it is better to opt for a hybrid bike with more gears. However, if you are a strong cyclist or want to ride on flat terrain, you don’t need so many gears on your bike which makes your bike light and perfect for such a trip. There are some hybrid bikes with only one speed called single speed bikes that have a freewheel mechanism which allows you to cruise along in the same way as on a geared bike.
- No Suspension –There are many hybrid bikes that do not have any suspensions. Suspension forks are heavy and they add to the overall weight of the bike which may make pedaling less efficient that is undesirable for most riders who ride on paved biked paths or smooth streets. Hence for such kind of a riding style, hybrid bikes with no suspensions are more suited.
- Front Suspension – some hybrid bikes have front suspension that helps the front wheel absorb the shocks for a smoother ride when traveling on uneven streets or mountain trails.
Type of Brakes
- Rim Brakes – Rim brakes are the type of brakes that have pads to grip on to the wheel rims. Compared to disc brakes, they are economical and it is much easier for the rider to monitor the wear of the brake pad and replace it on time. The major shortcoming of rim brakes is that with repeated use, it slowly wears out the wheel rim which may need for the wheel to be replaced after long use. They usually have less stopping power than disc brakes. Rim brakes are also less efficient in wet or muddy conditions and they require more effort by the fingers to bring about the desired stopping power.
- Disc Brakes – Disc brakes have brake pads that grip onto a brake rotor which is mounted to the wheel hub to stop the bike. There are two types of disc brakes
- Hydraulic disc brakes provide better progressive and stronger braking with little finger effort and also auto-adjust with brake pad wear to give you optimal braking at all times.
- Mechanical disc brakes need to be adjusted manually in accordance with the degree of brake pad wear for effective braking.
Compared to rim brakes, disc brakes are clearly more advantageous in terms of their longevity, stopping power, ease of use and consistent performance in all conditions. The only drawback is that disc brake pads are difficult to inspect and replace and will require the help of a mechanic which will increase the cost of service.
Materials of frame
The majority of the hybrid bikes make use of Aluminium as the material for designing their frames. Along with aluminum, frames are also designed from steel and carbon fiber. Each of these materials has both pros and cons which means that you need to prioritize your choices to make the right choice of frame material that will work best for you.
- Aluminum is a light, stiff and affordable material. A hybrid bike made of aluminum is quite lighter. However, there have been issues of a bike with an aluminum frame feeling harsh on rough terrain; newer design technology has made it possible for the frames to absorb more shock to mitigate this issue.
- Steel, although is heavier than aluminum, makes the frame strong with sufficient amount of flexibility that makes the ride smoother and more comfortable
- Carbon Fibre is lighter than aluminum and has more strength than steel which makes it an ideal choice for frame material of high-end bikes which are generally used by serious riders and professional cyclists. However, there are some bikes that have some parts made of carbon fiber like the forks or the seat posts so that the hybrid bike has the benefits of the material all the while being easy on the pocket.
Shape of Handlebar
One of the most important factors to consider is the shape of the handlebar. You should always take care of and compare the level of the seat and the handlebars. As a general rule, the lower the seat is below the height of the handlebars, the more comfortable the ride. Most hybrid bikes employ this design principle. For cycles with seats higher than the handlebars, the rider will assume a more aerodynamic position which lets you go faster but may not be comfortable. The different types of handlebars generally available are
- Drop Bar: They are occasionally present on select hybrid bike models and their specialty is that they are light and aerodynamic enabling you to go faster. The disadvantage of such handles is they put you in a hunched over, lower position which may put a lot of strain on your back.
- Flat Bar- these are the most common types of handlebars on hybrid bikes. These handlebars are heavier than drop bars and are placed at a position higher than the seat which enables you to sit in an upright position reducing stress to your backs, hands, wrists, and shoulders. An upright position will also enable you to navigate the road correctly.
- Riser Bar – These types of handlebars are also commonly found on hybrid bikes and are designed to extend slightly upwards and back towards the rider. These handlebars ensure an upright posture for all times which increases your visibility of the road and ensures good cycle control.
- Moustache Bar – these are similar in design to drop bars but are now so low and have a little drop. With this you can have different hand positions on the handlebar all the while sitting upright. Mustache bars are found in some hybrid bike models.
Hybrid bikes are engineering masterpieces that will enable you to enjoy the best of both worlds. From tackling, tricky adventurous mountain trails and rough roads to zooming through the city, hybrid bikes will cater to every adventure that you want to do with your coveted cycle and with this article where we have reviewed the 10 best hybrid bikes and outlined the factors you need to consider before your purchase, it will be much easier for you to get the hybrid bike that you have always wanted.
Frequently Asked Questions: Top 10 best hybrid bicycles in India
A hybrid cycle is a fusion of an MTB which is designed for off-roading and durability and Road bikes which are designed for speed and on the road commute. Thus a hybrid cycle is designed to handle multiple terrains with ease, provide comfort to the rider and also provide speed to the rider when used on normal roads. A hybrid cycle is therefore the best of both worlds.
Yes they are. Hybrid bikes are designed to provide maximum comfort to the rider and are built to be durable at the same time lightweight which enables you to enjoy riding your bike on both rough terrain and on smooth roads. They provide you with speed and durability as and when you need them.
Yes. Hybrid Bikes are good for long distance as they are built to be lightweight machines. Furthermore, owing to their durability and stability, they provide a much more comfortable ride under any condition for long periods of times.
If you are looking for serious mountain climbing and reside in a place which is composed only of mountainous and off road trails and uneven roads with steep slopes, it is advisable to go for a mountain bike. However, if you just want to experience the occasional off-roading thrill and mountain trail riding, hybrid bikes are the best choice for you.
There are several hybrid geared bikes suitable for Indian roads all of which have been reviewed in the list above. Kindly refer to Top 10 best hybrid bicycles in India-review section for more details.
So, until now we have discussed all the hybrid bicycles in our article” Top 10 best hybrid bicycles in India” that not only help you to stay fit but continuous cycling is also beneficial in weight loss. As we have tried to gather all sorts of information in one place to help you out to select your best bicycle in the comfort of your home.
In India, you might notice that still, people don’t prefer to buy cycles online which can easily be seen with very few reviews and past sales happened until now. But if we compare the online bicycle sales from the USA then you will easily notice reviews up to 10000 in numbers for certain models as people in the USA do like DIY more then we Indians.
However, if like to share your views and experiences, do put it in the comment section below. We would love to hear from you.
In the meantime,
Happy Shopping, Happy Cycling!
Do check our other trending articles from our authors
Only use the below comment form to ask your queries & share your experience. We may take a day or two to reply to your comments and queries. Please don’t use the comment section for backlinks as it will not be approved. However, for the backlink, partnership and advertisement related queries kindly contact us at [email protected]
Thanks for your coordination & support!