Last updated on September 13th, 2020 at 10:25 am
Laser printers have emerged as the answer to fast and efficient printing in recent times. With the increase in internet traffic and printing requirements for commercial enterprises, as well for home use, the demand for laser printers has increased. As more and more people and business are inclining towards owning and operating laser printers on a regular basis, we have come up with this article where we have reviewed the top 10 best laser printers in India along with a Buyer’s Guide where we have discussed the factors you need to consider before purchasing the laser printer of your choice.
Top 10 Best laser printers in India -Review
To start with, in this section we have listed our top 10 picks of LaserJet printers. Moving forward we have tried to answer the queries that we came across during our research in our FAQ section. However, in case you have still any queries left inside your mind, feel free to post it in our comment section at the end of the article.
HP Laserjet M1005 Multifunction Monochrome Laser Printer
– Best all-in-one laser printer by HP
4.4 out of 5, 2844+ Reviews
HP is the market leader when it comes to manufacturing printers. This multifunction laser printer is one of the best all-in-one laser printers by HP and here are its features
- This multifunction laser printer can perform versatile functions like printing copying and scanning which makes this best laser printer with a scanner by HP an apt choice for home as well as work use.
- This best all-in-one laser printer by HP is quite fast and prints 14 pages in a minute.
- This multifunction laser printer (best all-in-one laser printer by HP) is equipped with a built-in instant-On technology that makes use of fuser technology for a faster first print once the printer resumes from a low power mode. This feature specifically ensures that the power consumption in this best all-in-one laser printer by HP is low.
- This is one of the best laser printers with a scanner by HP that enables you to scan your documents at a high resolution of 1200 dpi. This means that this best laser printer with a scanner by HP is best suited for scanning old black and white photographs in high resolution.
- This best all-in-one laser printer by HP supports papers of seven different sizes and has a paper input capacity of 150 sheets.
- The duty cycle of this best all-in-one laser printer by HP is up to 5000 pages per month.
- Printing and scanning of high quality
- Speed is excellent
- Multiple paper size support
- Excellent for bulk printing
- 2MB functional memory capacity
- No duplexing capability
- No wireless printing features
Canon Image CLASS LBP2900B Single Function Laser Monochrome Printer
– Best CANON color laser printer, Top 10 Best Laser Printers in India
4.5 out of 5, 828+ Reviews
Canon is another company which is well known for its excellent range of laser printers. This model from canon is one of the best laser printers and has many notable features making it ideal for your office or home use.
- This is a single function print alone monochrome laser printer by canon with an excellent speed of 12 pages per minute making it ideal for home and small business use.
- This laser printer by Canon is equipped with Canon Advanced Printing (CAPT) technology and High Smart Compression Architecture (Hi-ScoA) which allows the printer to process images faster than its competitors.
- The CAPT compresses the data of the image file into compact smaller sizes for faster transmission from the computer to the printer which provides this printer with excellent speeds usually associated with costlier and high-end printers.
- The On-Demand Fixing technology equipped on this printer ensures the instant transfer of heat which reduces the warm-up time enabling faster response and wake up from standby mode.
- Compact and easy to install
- Excellent printing speed
- Single function printer
HP Laserjet Pro M1136 Multifunction Monochrome Laser Printer
– Best all-in-one laser printer by HP
4.2 out of 5, 1828+ Reviews
This multi-function laser printer is one of the best all-in-one laser printers by HP and is every bit the value for money. Here are its features
- The multi-function laser printer has the features of print, copy, and scans which makes it one of the best all-in-one laser printers by HP.
- This multi-function laser printer provides prints with outstanding text quality at a printing speed of 18 pages per minute (best all-in-one laser printer by HP).
- This is an Energy Star rated printer which conserves energy as it has the auto-on/off technology that automatically shuts the printer off after a period of inactivity.
- This multifunction printer has a faster printing capacity as it features Duplexing technology.
- This best all-in-one laser printer by HP has a maximum print resolution of 600x600dpi with a decent duty cycle of 8000 pages per month making it an excellent choice for office use.
- This multifunction laser printer with scanner by HP has a 150 sheet input tray which is more than enough for all your printing needs
- Excellent print quality and good printing speed
- Duplexing feature
- Energy saving
HP Laserjet Pro M126nw Multi-Function Monochrome Laser Printer
-Best Wi-Fi laser printer, Top 10 Best Laser Printers in India
4.0 out of 5, 1894+ Reviews
This multi-function laser printer is a versatile printer that can be used for both your home and your office needs. Here are its features
- This model is a multifunction laser printer with print, copy and scan features with a printing speed of 20 pages per minute making it one of the best all-in-one laser printers by HP.
- This multifunction laser printer with a scanner by HP is compatible with Wi-Fi and USB connectivity (best Wi-Fi laser printer)
- This best Wi-Fi laser printer enables you to connect to a wide range of devices like smartphone, tablets, laptops, and computers
- This best all-in-one laser printers by HP is an energy-saving appliance that also saves paper as it supports the duplexing feature. This multifunction laser printer further supports a wide range of formats like PDF, JPG, PNG, TXT, etc.
- This multifunction laser printer has a duty cycle of 8000 pages per month which makes it ideal for work use.
- The excellent speed with high print quality
- Extremely durable
- No back-lit display in the digital display screen
HP Color Laser Jet Pro M181FW Network and Wireless Printer
– Best Wi-Fi laser printers, Best color laser printer by HP
5 out of 5, 2+ Reviews
This color laser printer by HP is one of the best HP color laser printers in India with fast color printing capability. Here are its many features
- This color laser printer by HP boasts of a fast color printing speed of 27 pages per minute for both black and color A4 sheets.
- This best HP color laser printer is also an energy-saving appliance owing to its Auto-on/off- technology which automatically puts the appliance to standby mode when not in use for some time.
- This best HP color laser printer also saves pages as it is equipped with the automatic duplexing feature which prints on both sides of the page. Armed with a 250-sheet capacity paper tray, this color laser printer by HP is ideal for use at home as well as in office.
- This color laser printer by HP is also one of the best Wi-Fi laser printers and it supports wireless connectivity enabling seamless connection and operation through your smartphone, laptop, or tablets.
- Along with wireless connectivity through Wi-Fi (best Wi-Fi laser printers), this color laser printer by HP also supports Ethernet connectivity and USB connectivity.
- Operation is made easier by a 6.9 cm color touchscreen panel on the model.
- Fast printing speed
- Duty cycle of approx. 40000 A4 sheets per month
- Wi-Fi, USB and Ethernet connectivity
- Laser printer with scanner by HP
- Cloud connection compatibility
- Ink is bit expensive
Canon Image Class MF631Cn All in One A4 Colour Laser Printer with Network
– Best Wi-Fi laser printer, best Color laser printer by Canon
3.8 out of 5, 6+ Reviews
This color laser printer by Canon is an energy efficient printer which is definitely value for money. Here are its features
- This best Canon color laser printer is one of the best color laser printers with a 250-sheet paper tray capacity
- This color laser printer by Canon has a printing speed of 18 pages per minute with multiple page type support for enhanced and versatile printing capabilities
- In terms of connectivity, this color laser printer by Canon supports wireless direct printing as well as smartphone app-based printing once connected through Wi-Fi (best Wi-Fi laser printer).
- This best Canon color laser printer is also an energy-efficient appliance as it has the Canon auto-on/off-technology which puts the printer into standby mode automatically when not in use for some time.
- The Instant-on technology makes sure that there is an instant wake up from the standby mode to give your first-page print out fast.
- Wireless, Ethernet and USB2.0 connectivity
- Energy saver
- The color toner is bit expensive; however, this is the case with all color toners. You can use the compatible toners at much lower cost.
Canon Image Class MF613CDW Color Laser Printer
-Best Wi-Fi laser printer by CANON, Top 10 Best Laser Printers in India
4.2 out of 5, 5+ Reviews
The second entry from Canon is a color laser printer and one of the best Wi-Fi laser printers in the market. Here are its features
- This color laser printer by canon has a print speed of 18 pages per minute for A4 black and color printing.
- This is a single-function color laser printer which means it only has printing capabilities
- This color laser printer boasts an auto-duplexing feature which saves paper by enabling printing on both sides. The resolution is also high giving detailed print outs.
- Connectivity is mitigated through Wi-Fi (best Wi-Fi laser printer) and through Ethernet LAN. This colour laser printer also supports USB connectivity.
- The recommended duty cycle of this color laser printer is 250 to 2500 pages which makes it the apt choice for in house and small business use
- Fast printing speed with high resolution
- Good duty cycle
- Single function
– Best Wi-Fi laser printer by Brother
4.1 out of 5, 90+ Reviews
This multi function laser printer by Brother is an excellent all-in-one laser printer which is a must have for all offices. Here are its features
- This is one of the best all-in-one laser printers as it has print scan and copy features making it extremely versatile
- This best scanner with laser printer has a print speed of 34 pages per minute with a maximum capacity of 50 pages in the Automatic Document Feeder at a time.
- This best scanner with laser printer supports multiple paper types and is also equipped with Duplex printing capacity with a 250 sheet capacity paper tray.
- This best scanner with laser printer provides wireless printing options through Wi-Fi connectivity with your device and through smartphone app (best Wi-Fi laser printer)
- This best Wi-Fi laser printer also supports Google cloud printing options.
- Multifunction printer
- Excellent print speed
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Toner cost for refill is quite high
HP Laserjet Pro M30w Multi-Function Wireless Laser Printer
– Best all-in-one laser printers by HP, Top 10 Best Laser Printers in India
3.8 out of 5, 11+ Reviews
This multi-function laser printer by HP is one of the best all-in-one laser printers by HP and is a smart printer with many notable features making it ideal for office as well as home use.
- This is one of the best all-in-one laser printers by HP with print, scan, and copy feature making it very versatile.
- This best laser printer with a scanner by HP has a print speed of 20 pages per minute with high-quality resolution monochrome prints.
- With a duty cycle of 8000 pages per month, this best all-in-one laser printer by HP is an apt choice for your workspace.
- This best laser printer with a scanner provides easy wireless connectivity through Wi-Fi access.
- You can now easily connect your smartphone with the printer and print and scan via the HP Smart App.
- This best all-in-one laser printer by HP has the HP Auto-on/off technology designed to save power.
- Fast printing speed with automatic document feeder
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Very compact
Brother MFC L2701DW
– Best Multifunction laser printer by Brother
4.1 out of 5, 25+ Reviews
This multi-function laser printer by Brother is one of the best all-in-one printers with Wi-Fi connectivity and auto duplexing features among others.
- This multifunction printer has features of print, scan, and copy making it a versatile addition to your workspace
- It has a printing speed of 30 pages per minute with a maximum Automatic Document Feeder capacity of 35 sheets with auto-duplexing features.
- It has a maximum yield of 2600 pages per full toner and has a duty cycle of maximum 10000 sheets per month.
- This multifunction printer further supports wireless connectivity through Wi-Fi enabling printing and scanning through your mobile devices via the printing app. It also supports Ethernet LAN and USB connectivity.
- The print resolution for this multifunction laser printer is a maximum of 2400×600 dpi depending upon the paper size.
- Excellent print resolution
- Best Wi-Fi laser printer
- Auto duplexing
- After sales service needs improvement
Now that we have looked at the 10 best laser printers in India, let us now look into the different factors you need to consider before purchasing the laser printer of your choice.
Buyer’s Guide: Top 10 Best laser printers in India
Color or monochrome
The type of printer always depends upon your printing needs. If you intend to use your laser printer for day to day printing of invoices, bills, or monochrome documents then a monochrome laser printer is the best bet. However, if your requirements involve a regular print out of color pages then color laser printers are the obvious choice. Colour laser printers are expensive than monochrome and therefore you should buy one if it absolutely is the requirement.
Type of Function
Printers are now available that perform multiple functions like copying, scanning, and fax along with printing everyday documents as well as photos too. Printers can also print data directly from USB pen drives at ease. Furthermore, the latest versions of printers have cloud-based app support as well. Your choice of printer depends upon how many functions you intend to use the laser printer for. Multifunction all in one laser printers are capable of performing all of the above functions.
Paper Type Support
While most printers and the ones at home support A4 sized paper for printing, support for only one type of paper size is not ideal for people who seek to run businesses that deal with printing on different paper sizes for different purposes. If this is the case then you should check the printer specifications before buying to check whether the printer does support the type of paper you intend to print on.
Also, make sure to check what is the maximum capacity of pages of a particular size your printer tray can handle and whether it supports the duplexing feature which enables the paper to print on both sides of the paper automatically, and whether it supports the Automatic Document Feeder technology for all paper types. These features remove manual intervention and make your job of printing bulk documents much easier.
Printers come with a myriad of connectivity options that you can choose as per your requirements. For home, printers can be connected to your device through a simple wired connection through the USB port or even through smartphone apps for some printers.
Nowadays, there are several printers that come with Cloud printing features that enable you to print your documents remotely without having to connect to the printer or even need to be in the vicinity of the printer. These printers are compatible with Google Docs, OneDrive, and other cloud-based services.
Along with this, for the office environment, printers are available that support the conventional Ethernet connectivity option which lets multiple people use a single printer easily. However, this option is being upgraded to printers with wireless technology. Printers with Wi-fi direct capability will enable you to connect to the printer from your system directly via wi-fi which is much faster and easier than the Ethernet connectivity options.
Furthermore, there are some printers that have the NFC feature as well where you can pair your device with the printer just by placing them near to each other.
Ease of Use
Most of the printers in recent times make sure that they are easy to use. For that purpose, there are many models of laser printers that have a front LCD panel with ergonomic buttons that helps you print without having to connect to any device. Furthermore, these LCD displays are also equipped with a touchscreen panel in many printers which makes it much easier and convenient for you to operate the printers.
The other factors that make your printing experience convenient are the ease of access of paper trays, ease of access to toner cartridges when needed and these factors should be looked into before purchasing a laser printer of your choice.
Often is the case that the cost of replacing used cartridges exceeds the cost of the printer. This cost is also recurring in nature.
Hence, it is paramount that you consider the cost of a replacement toner for your laser printer before buying one. It is always advisable to opt for the high yield cartridges which are capable of printing a higher number of pages than regular cartridges before the need for replacement.
Noise output and energy consumption
Every one of us who has ever needed a printout remembers the amount of sound a dot-matrix printer used to make while printing. Fortunately, the laser printers in theses modern times come with much less noise output of the only 50db which is perfect for use in any environment.
Printers are known to consume a sufficient amount of power which sometimes deters people from purchasing one for their homes. When looking for a printer, it is advisable to check out the energy requirements in the printer specifications and always go for the model that saves power. To conserve power, several printers now come with a sleep mode that gets activated if the printer remains idle for a certain period of time. This conserves energy and definitely makes the use of the printer economical.
Memory and Processor
The most helpful feature of the modern printers is that there is no print queue and you don’t need to wait for a document to print before assigning the next one. Printers have an excellent memory and processor strength that allows you to assign multiple prints at the same time. This feature saves your time and also makes it much easier for you to work.
Laser printers are fast, silent and a major improvement over the dot matrix printers of the old. With the review of the 10 best laser printers in India and the subsequent buyer’s guide, we hope you will be able to identify your needs and select the best printer suited for all your printing requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions: Top 10 Best laser printers in India
Laser printers need to be chosen as per your requirements and based on certain factors which we have outlined in the buyer’s guide section in the article. Once you have identified the purpose of your laser printer, you can choose from the 10 best laser printer models in India which we have comprehensively reviewed in this article.
The working of a laser printer is comparable to that of a Xerox machine. In a laser printer, a high-intensity light or a laser is used by the printers to etch onto the paper an exact replica of the source material. This signal for printing is sent as small packets of data from the computer to the printer for printing. While an inkjet printer uses ink to print, laser printers use toners. The laser printers make use of electrical charge to instruct where, when, and how the toner should be dispensed on the paper to form an exact replica of the source.
It is a printer linked to a computer that produces high-quality prints by making use of a laser to form a pattern of electro-statically charged dots to attract the toner or dry ink which is then set on to the pattern and transferred to the paper by a heat fixing process.
Laser printers are exceptionally fast and have a high duty cycle and output per toner as compared to inkjet type of printers. They also produce prints of very high quality. If your work involves high volume printing for a prolonged period of time then laser printers are the best choice for you.
Yes. Brother laser printers are some of the best multi-function and single-function laser printers in the market with excellent print speed, high print resolution, and great duty cycle which ultimately makes the investment value for money in the long run. These printers are also energy and page savers which makes them an excellent choice for use in any setting.
When you are looking to buy a printer for home use or infrequent use then laser printers are much more practical compared to the inkjet printers or even ink tank printers. The main challenge of any ink-based printers is the clogging of the print heads when not in use for a long time. No doubt today with the ink tank printers, the average printing price has reduced a lot. But in not used frequently, there is a high possibility that you will end us with print head jam. On the other hand, the laserjet printers use powder-based dye or ink which is less prone to further drying and lasts for up 2 years if sealed and if not, you can still use it for printing once a month or 2 without any issue.
So, now as we have already discussed almost every aspect of Top 10 Best Laser Printers in India along with a detailed buyer’s guide and FAQs. I hope, our research article will definitely help you to choose your best ink tank printers, if you are planning to buy one.
No doubt, laser jet printers has comparatively less issue of dry ink printing heads when kept ideal for long time as most of you have felt it with your traditional inkjet printers. However, most of the budget LaserJet printers can only print in monochrome or black & white. But if you are looking for a printer for infrequent usage then no doubt laser jet printers would be the best choice
However, in case you have any queries, or want to share your experience about any product, feel free to post it in the comment section below.
Stay Safe, Happy Printing!
Do check our other trending articles: