Nebulizers are essential medical equipment that has been designed to deal with breathing problems like asthma and other respiratory issues. These machines are designed to deliver the medication in tiniest particles directly to the lungs which further helps in accelerating the process of treatment. Since the nebulizer creates a mist of the medication as per the necessary dosage, the medicine reaches all parts of the lungs much efficiently as compared to any pill thereby increasing the efficacy of the drug. However, selecting a nebulizer can be quite tricky as a lot of factors are essential to consider before making a purchase. Therefore, in this article, we have reviewed the top 10 best nebulizers for adults and kids in India along with a comprehensive buyer’s guide where we discuss the important factors that should influence your choice.
Top 10 Best Nebulizers for Adults and Kids in India- A Review
The article has been divided into 3 major sections i.e. reviews, buyer’s guide, and FAQs. In the first section to start with, we have listed our top picks of best nebulizers for home use. In our second section, we have discussed factors that you should consider while going to buy a nebulizer for your home. And in the final section, which is a FAQ section, we have tried to answer some of the selected queries we came across while researching the topic. However, If you still have any query tingling in your mind, feel free to post in the comment section after the article. Our experts will try to find out the best suitable solution.
Dr. Trust Bestest Compressor Nebulizer
Best-selling nebulizer brand in India
4.2 out 5, 8603+ Reviews
When it comes to medical equipment, Dr. Trust is one of the most popular brands in the market with a huge amount of positive reviews from customers. This nebulizer from Dr. Trust is one of the best nebulizer machines in India and has many noteworthy features
- This is a compressor type of nebulizer with 8 ml of medicine capacity.
- This best nebulization chamber has a nebulization rate of 0.5 to 5 ml/min and is capable of producing a mist of fine particles.
- With two different masks, this nebulizer is one of the best nebulizers for adults and one of the best nebulizers for baby use.
- This best nebulizer machine has a flow adjuster on the main unit which allows you to adjust the airflow as per your need.
- This flow adjuster allows you to change the flow rate between 0.5 to 5 ml/min.
- The carrying capacity of this best nebulizer machine from Dr. Trust is 8 ml which is ideal for holding the prescribed and requisite drug dosage of any prescribed medicine.
- This best nebulizer machine is capable of being used for 15 minutes without any interruptions.
- This best nebulizer machine produces sound less than 55 dB during operation which makes it ideal for use even at night.
- Multiple accessories
- Low noise
- Airflow rate control switch on the main unit
- Short warranty
- Particle size not mentioned
Omron NE C28 Compressor Nebulizer
Best compressor nebulizer for adults and children
4.3 out 5, 1268+ Reviews
Omron is a renowned brand in the field of medical equipment and produces high-quality equipment. This Omron nebulizer is one of the best nebulizers in India and has many noteworthy features that make it second on our list. Let’s take a look at its many features
- This is a compressor type of nebulizer with a chamber capacity of 7 ml.
- This Omron nebulizer has a nebulization rate of 0.4 ml/min and produces mist with a particle size of around 5 um.
- With its adult and child mask, this Omron nebulizer is one of the best nebulizers for adults and one of the best nebulizers for kids (best nebulizer for baby).
- This best Omron nebulizer comes with 5 piece replacement filters for ease of use.
- This Omron nebulizer runs on 138 VA power and caters to the uses of your entire family including adults and kids (best nebulizer for baby).
- This Omron nebulizer is built in a way that is best suited for effective management of various respiratory conditions like asthma, chronic bronchitis, and other respiratory conditions.
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty with 3 years of extended brand warranty
- Better chamber capacity as compared to other options.
- Slow rate of nebulization
- Particle size cannot be less than 5 micrometers
Handynab Nulife Pistontype Compressor Nebulizer
Best compressor nebulizer for adults and children, Top 10 Best Nebulizers for Adults and Kids in India
4.2 out 5, 2165+ Reviews
Handynab is a well-known brand in the field of medical equipment. This product from Handynab is one of the best nebulizer machines in India and has many interesting features
- This best nebulizer machine has a piston-type compressor operation with a low chamber capacity of 5 ml.
- This nebulizer machine has a nebulization rate of 0.2ml/min and is capable of producing a medicine mist having a particle size of 0.5 to 5um.
- This best nebulizer machine has a maximum pressure of 2.5 bar which provides an 8 LPM airflow for ease of inhalation.
- One of the most striking features of this best nebulizer machine is that you can use it continuously for 60 mins which is ideal when treating major respiratory distress.
- The powerful piston type compressor is capable of breaking down the medicine into particles as fine as 0.5 to 5 microns for ease of inhalation and drug delivery.
- This best nebulizer machine is equipped with a safety fuse to prevent unnecessary use.
- The anti-shock bag included in the kit makes it easy for you to carry the entire kit with you anywhere you go.
- It is lightweight and compact with the whole kit weighing just 1.6 kg which makes it quite easy to carry.
- The low noise output of 55 dBA is excellently suited for use for all types of patients.
- Affordable price
- Very fine particle size
- 1 year warranty
- Nebulization rate and chamber capacity not mentioned on the packaging.
Control D Blue & White Compressor Complete Kit Nebulizer
Best affordable nebulizer in India, best nebulizer for baby
3.9 out 5, 811+ Reviews
Control D is a relatively newer brand which is making waves in the market owing to its excellent medical equipment. This kit is one of the best nebulizer machines in India and has many noteworthy features
- This is a compressor type of nebulizer with a chamber capacity of 5 ml and a nebulization rate of 0.2 ml/min to produce small particles in the medicinal mist.
- It is one of the best nebulizers for adults and one of the best nebulizers for kids due to the inclusion of 2 masks for kids and adults respectively.
- This is one of the best nebulizer machines which is extremely affordable.
- The best nebulizer machine has a 5 ml medicine capacity that operates on the 75 W compressor nebulizer
- This best nebulizer machine is easy to use with a single switch on and of operation.
- The strong build quality and a powerful piston compressor make it an ideal choice for both professional and personal use.
- This is one of the best nebulizer machines that is compatible with any type of prescribed medicine to be used by both adults and kids easily.
- Chamber capacity can be increased if needed
- Affordable price tag
- Strong build
- Default low capacity chamber
- Number of accessories not much
Dr. Morepen CN06 Compressor Nebulizer
Best nebulizer in India, best nebulizer for children, Top 10 Best Nebulizers for Adults and Kids in India
4.2 out 5, 444+ Reviews
Dr. Morepen is a well-known brand in the market for medical equipment. Dr. Morepen nebulizer is one of the best nebulizer machines in India and comes with many noteworthy features
- This is a compressor type of nebulizer with a small capacity of 5 ml.
- This Dr. Morepen nebulizer has a nebulization rate of 0.2 ml/min which produces a mist having a particle size of 0.5 to 10 um.
- With 2 masks for both adults and kids, Dr. Morepen nebulizer is one of the best nebulizers for kids and one of the best nebulizers for adults.
- Dr. Morepen nebulizer is the best option for you for treating respiratory tract issues for an extended period of time.
- This Dr. Morepen nebulizer with a small carrying capacity of 5 ml is ideal for a single dose treatment or as prescribed by your doctor.
- The adjustable flow rate of this Dr. Morepen nebulizer provides a pressure ranging from 50 KPa to 100 KPa.
- The particle size can also be adjusted to be between 0.5 to 10 microns in this Dr. Morepen nebulizer which is ideal for different types of treatments. Furthermore, this Dr, Morepen nebulizer allows you to keep the vents open or close when using which is an extremely desirable feature.
- Medication rate can be controlled
- 1 year warranty
- Good value for money
- Slow nebulization rate
- Low chamber capacity
AGARO NB- 21 Compressor Nebulizer
Best nebulizer with 5 air filters, best nebulizer for children
4.2 out 5, 708+ Reviews
Agaro is a new brand of medical equipment manufacturers and this nebulizer kit from Agaro is full of noteworthy features
- This is a compressor type of nebulizer with a chamber capacity of 6 ml.
- This best nebulizer machine has a nebulization rate of 0.2 to 5ml/min which produces a mist having a particle size of 0.5 to 0.8 um.
- This best nebulizer machine provides you with a 200 cm air tube and 5 air filters.
- This is one of the best nebulizers for kids and one of the best nebulizer for adults owing to the inclusion of both child and adult mask.
- This is one of the best nebulizer machines which provides a reliable aerosol delivery system for optimal absorption of medicine for effective overall treatment.
- This best nebulizer machine furthermore allows you to regulate your medicine manually due to the presence of an open and close type of venting system.
- This best nebulizer machine has a powerful compressor that provides you with nebulization pressure from 10 to 40 PSI.
- There is a jet spray medication cap included in the kit which makes it easier to use even without a mask.
- This best nebulizer machine has a carrying capacity of 6 ml which is sufficient for a single dose and with a sound level of below 60 dB, it’s very quiet and comfortable to use.
- Pretty good chamber capacity
- Very fine particle size
- 1 year warranty
- Slow nebulization rate
- Not suitable for long treatment
Rossmax NA100 Piston Nebulizer
Best nebulizer for kids, Top 10 Best Nebulizers for Adults and Kids in India
4.4 out 5, 66+ Reviews
Rossmax is an up and coming brand which boasts of a wide range of value for money medical equipment. This NA100 Piston Nebulizer from Rossmax is one of a kind and has many noteworthy features
- This is a Piston type of nebulizer which has a chamber capacity of 5 ml.
- This best nebulizer machine has a nebulization rate of 0.15-0.40 ml/min to produce a mist of particle size of around 4 um.
- This is one of the best nebulizers for kids and one of the best nebulizer for adults owing to the inclusion of 2 face masks for both adults and kids.
- This best nebulizer machine has a unique valve adjustable technology which helps to control the rate of nebulization and pressure as well.
- The powerful piston compressor provides 2.96 bar pressure which provides you with a high-quality respiratory aerosol.
- This best nebulizer has got an in-built nebulizer holder on the machine to prevent contaminants due to incorrect placement.
- The open vent design makes it possible for you to manually control the rate and amount of dosage. The vent can also be closed for proper and safer inhalation.
- This best nebulizer machine lets you control the airflow by twisting the cup to get the required flow.
- 3 years warranty
- Easy operation
- Less number of accessories at the price.
HealthSense Pulmo-Elite Nebulizer
Best compact nebulizer in India, Top 10 Best Nebulizers for Adults and Kids in India
4.0 out 5, 995+ Reviews
Another popular brand in the market is HealthSense. They are well known for producing cost-effective medical supplies. This nebulizer is one of the best nebulizers in India on a budget and has many noteworthy features
- This is a compressor type of nebulizer with a chamber capacity of 8ml.
- The best nebulizer machine has a nebulization rate of 0.25 ml/min which produces a mist having a particle size less than 5 um.
- This is one of the best nebulizers for kids and one of the best nebulizers for adults owing to face masks for both adults and kids
- This best nebulizer machine makes use of an oil-free piston pump that utilizes compressed air technology that very efficiently converts medicine into a mist for faster intake and speedy medication delivery.
- The high atomization level provided by this best nebulizer enables optimal medicine utilization.
- Since the particle size of the mist is less than 5um, the medication mist is perfect for deeper inhalation into the alveoli.
- This best nebulizer machine has polymer filters in the kit which are perfect for extended usage due to carbon resistance.
- The operation is simple by the presence of a one-touch operation.
- This best nebulizer machine is also lightweight and compact.
- Easy to operate
- Low maintenance
- 1 year warranty
- Chamber capacity is not mentioned on the packaging
- Accessories included are less
Dr. Trust Portable Ultrasonic Mesh Nebulizer
Best-selling nebulizer brand in India, best portable nebulizer in India
4.0 out 5, 643+ Reviews
Along with tabletop nebulizers, Dr. Trust also manufactures portable nebulizers and this portable nebulizer is one of the best nebulizers in India. Here are its features
- This is a compressor type of nebulizer with a medicine chamber capacity of 10 ml.
- The best nebulizer machine has a nebulization rate of 0.25ml/min and is capable of producing a mist of particle size as small as 0.5um which makes dispersal of the medicine extremely efficient.
- This is one of the best nebulizers for adults and one of the best nebulizers for kids owing to the inclusion of two different sized mist inhalers for adults and kids.
- This is an extremely compact nebulizer which can be easily fitted inside the pocket for easy portability.
- The best nebulizer machine is powered by 2 AA batteries and also by USB cable if needed.
- This best nebulizer machine provides a one-button operation for ease of use.
- Extremely lightweight weighing only 98 grams
- Optimal noise output of 30 dB
- 6 months warranty
- Can be used both with and without batteries
- Spray rate is slow
BPL Medical Technologies Nebulizer
Best portable nebulizer in India, Top 10 Best Nebulizers for Adults and Kids in India
4.2 out 5, 8603+ Reviews
BPL is a trustworthy and renowned brand which is quite reputable in the market for producing excellent consumer electronics. This nebulizer from BPL is one of the best nebulizer machines with many interesting features
- This best nebulizer machine is a compressor type of nebulizer with a chamber capacity of 10 ml.
- The best nebulizer machine has a nebulization rate of 0.35 ml/min to produce a mist of particle size 1 to 5 micron.
- This nebulizer machine is also one of the best nebulizers for kids and one of the best nebulizers for adults owing to its two different sized mist inhaler for adults and kids.
- This machine utilizes the vibrating mesh technology to create an easy and comfortable nebulization process.
- This best nebulizer machine is designed in a way to make it ultra-low noise which makes it ideal for use by all kinds of patients and in all types of environments
- Other useful features include a 4.8 volts lithium rechargeable battery which can be changed easily with a USB cable or any standard 5 volts power adapter. It also has an in-built temperature sensor which helps to maintain the medicine at the proper temperature.
- Batteries included and easily rechargeable
- 4th generation efficient vibrating mesh technology
- Fine particle size not attainable
- Warranty description not provided.
Top 10 Best Nebulizers for Adults and Kids in India – A Buyer’s Guide
Now that we have looked at some of the best nebulizers for adults and kids in India, in this section of the article, we will be outlining all the different factors that you need to understand and consider when choosing the best nebulizer for your use.
What is a Nebulizer?
Before we delve into discussing the different factors let us first answer the pertinent question of what is a nebulizer. A nebulizer is essentially a device or a machine predominantly used to deliver medicines to people suffering from respiratory issues like allergies or asthma. All nebulizers have a chamber to keep the medicine. The nebulizer has compressed air which turns the medicine into a mist and delivers it directly to the lungs for instant relief.
There are three types of Nebulizers in the market
These types of nebulizers are designed to produce a powerful stream of compressed air which easily turns the liquid into mist or fog having a maximum particle size of 4-5microns. The best feature of this type of nebulizer is that you can put any type of medicine in the chamber without any restrictions. These types of nebulizers have a maximum capacity of 13 ml which is capable of providing treatment for 8-20 minutes.
The compressor nebulizers are a bit heavy with the smallest one weighing 1.5kg. In spite of that, jet nebulizers are very good in treating common cold, tuberculosis and other respiratory diseases
- Very efficient in performance
- Durable and reliable
- Safe for use for babies
- Supports any type of drug
- Its noisy and heavy
These are the latest models in the inhaler category. This device is designed with a perforated, vibrating membrane that sprays the medicine through the holes. The solution is turned into an aerosol cloud with particles tiny enough to reach the alveoli of the lungs directly. Most of these devices are battery operated and hence provide you with immense freedom of usage. These devices are compact and lightweight with their weight not exceeding 120-150 grams and they also have a tank capacity of 7-15 ml which is sufficient to provide treatment in only 7 minutes. These types of nebulizers are well suited for use by children and adults alike.
- Efficient drug delivery system
- Very-quiet operation
- Lightweight and compact in size
- Supports any drug type
- Careful handling recommended especially when being carried around in the pocket.
These types of nebulizers are built to efficiently disperse the liquid particles in the size of 5 microns. The particulate size is so fine that the medicine is capable of reaching even the hard to reach areas of the bronchi. This device has metal plates whose vibration creates a high-frequency ultrasonic flow that converts the medicine solution into a mist of fine particles. While the device may have a smaller capacity of 8 ml, it is capable of continuous operation of around 5-10 minutes with a high feed rate of 2 ml/min. These devices are heavier than mesh nebulizers at around 400-500 grams with a noise output of 45 dB. These types of nebulizers are essentially handheld. These nebulizers are capable of running on built-in battery, conventional batteries, and also on 220V mains.
- Efficient drug delivery system to the bronchi
- Wide range of models to choose from
- Suitable for adults and children
- High speed aerosol spraying
- Requires frequent replacement as the drug holding capacity is small
- There are restrictions on the type of medicines that can be used.
Factors That You Need to Consider Before Buying
All types of nebulizers are generally available in two designs: portable and tabletop. If you use is restricted to predominant home use, a tabletop nebulizer is your best bet. If you are a frequent traveller then a portable nebulizer will be best suited for you. Some of the important features of the two types of nebulizers are as below
- Tabletop nebulizer: These types of nebulizers are best suited for home use. It has to be made sure that you place it on a still and sturdy surface. These types of nebulizers are cost-effective and generally come with a long warranty period. They are compatible for use by both adults and kids. These devices are too heavy to be portable and need an electric output for operation.
- Handheld/portable nebulizer: These are compact and lightweight to make them portable and easier for you to carry in person. However, you must ensure that these devices are fully charged.
It is a well-understood fact that the smaller the particle size, deeper the penetration of the medication into the lungs. The degree of spraying describes the effectiveness of the nebulizer. Most of the nebulizers provide a spraying rate of around 5 microns which is sufficient to treat any respiratory issues of the upper respiratory tract, bronchi, bronchioles, and trachea. There are some nebulizers like the membrane inhalers which are capable of producing a mist of having a particle size of 3-4 microns which is capable of treating both the bronchus and the lungs.
Speed of Medication delivery
The speed of medication delivery determines how fast the medication will reach the airways. The higher the speed, the faster is the medication reaches the airways speeding up the treatment process. The speed does not matter much for adults and therefore nebulizers operating at a speed of 0.25-0.5 ml/min should be optimal. However, when it comes to kids or infants, a nebulizer with a spraying rate of 1-2 ml/min is the best choice.
Medication Delivery System
Different nebulizers have different modes of delivering the mist to the mouthpiece or the inhaler. The different modes are as follows
- Continuous: this mode of delivery is considered the most inefficient as the medicine is delivered continuously irrespective of whether the patient is breathing or not. With this type of delivery, the majority of the drug is not consumed and only 20-30% of the mist reaches the lungs successfully.
- Manual Control: in the manual control type of delivery, the vaporization process is continuous. However, you can stop the flow of the aerosol with the push of a button. This type of operation prevents the wastage of medication.
- Automatic: a nebulizer with an automatic control creates a medicinal cloud only when the user is inhaling and then blocks the flow automatically when exhaling. There are special electronic sensors and valves that make it automatic thereby minimizing fluid loss during treatment.
It is always advisable to purchase a nebulizer which is much quieter in operation to enable a comfortable operation. Mesh nebulizers are built in a way to produce a noise of only 20 dB. Ultrasonic nebulizers produce a sound of 40-45 dB which makes it quite noisy. With a sound level of 45-55 dB compressor, nebulizers are the loudest.
Price and Warranty
When purchasing a nebulizer, it is always advisable to always get one from a good brand even if it is a bit costly. A good nebulizer with all the essential features can be purchased for a price between 900 to 2000 rupees. You can always purchase the model your doctor prescribes making it much easier for you. Also, make sure that you purchase a nebulizer with a warranty period of around 1-2 years.
How to use a Nebulizer?
In this section of the article, we will outline the procedure of using the nebulizer effectively. Ideally, nebulizers need to be used as per the manufacturer’s guidelines. However, discussed below are some of the basic steps that need to be followed for using the nebulizer
- Firstly, wash your hands well and dry them completely
- Connect the hose in the kit to the air compressor of the nebulizer
- Then fill up the medicine chamber or cup of the nebulizer with your prescription medicine. Close the cup tightly to avoid any spill.
- Next, you need to attach the hose and mouthpiece to the medicine cup
- Next, carefully place the mouthpiece in your mouth and keep your lips firmly around the mouthpiece so that all the medicine goes inside your mouth.
- Breathe through your mouth as long as it takes to use up all the medicine which may take up to 10 to 15 minutes. Use a nose-clip to help you breathe through your mouth easily. For children, it is better if you use a mask
- Turn the machine off when done and wash the medicine cup and mouthpiece thoroughly with water and air dry till the next treatment.
FAQs: Top 10 Best Nebulizers for Adults and Kids in India
A nebulizer is essentially a device or a machine predominantly used to deliver medicines to people suffering from respiratory issues like allergies or asthma. All nebulizers have a chamber to keep the medicine. It has compressed air which turns the medicine into a mist and delivers it directly to the lungs for instant relief
Nebulizers are essentially used for treating breathing issues with a variety of medications like corticosteroids to fight inflammation and bronchodilators to open your airways when you have breathing difficulties.
There are multiple brands that provide quality nebulizers in India and some of the best brands are Dr. Trust, Dr. Morepen, Omron and others which are reviewed in this article
Nebulizers are 100% safe to use for infants, babies and toddlers to treat RSV-respiratory syncytial virus and other breathing issues.
Nebulizers can be used by children below 6 years old using a mask and by children above 6 years of age using a mouthpiece if prescribed.
Nebulizers are essential medical equipment that is extremely capable of treatment of respiratory tract infections as well as relieving respiratory distress symptoms. As such we have reviewed the 10 best nebulizers for adults and kids in India and we hope that this review along with the comprehensive buyer’s guide will help you in selecting the best nebulizer that perfectly suits your use and medicine for instant relief.
However, in case you have any further queries related to the selection of best nebulizers, feel free to post your queries and experience in the comment section below.
Stay Safe, Stay Tuned!
Latest Trending Articles:
Only use the below comment form to ask your queries & share your experience. We may take a day or two to reply to your comments and queries. Please don’t use the comment section for backlinks as it will not be approved. However, for the backlink, partnership and advertisement related queries kindly contact us at [email protected]haratviews.in
Thanks for your coordination & support!