Skate scooters are one of the most enjoyable devices that encourage your kid to spend quality time outdoors and also keep fit and energetic. These skate scooters provide a lot of benefits to the health of your kid like physical exercise, balance maintaining, developing motor skills, increase eye-hand coordination, and also helps strengthen the leg and hip muscles. In this article “10 best skate scooters for kids in India”, we tried to list out some of the best skate scooters for your kids with a comprehensive buyer’s guide in order to make sure that you look for all safety measures before buying the skate scooters for your little ones.
With increasing demand and popularity amongst kids, several companies provide a wide range of skate scooters. Hence it becomes quite difficult to choose the perfect skate scooter for all your needs. Therefore, we have compiled this article where we have reviewed the features of the 10 best skate scooters for kids in India along with a comprehensive buyer’s guide that outlines all the factors that you need to consider before you choose the best skate scooter for your kid.
10 best skate scooters for kids in India-Reviews
Before we discuss the buyer’s guide, let us first look at the 10 best skate scooters for kids in India.
Smoby Mighty Battle Scooter
The best kick scooter for kids
When it comes to the best skate scooters, Smoby is one of the best brands in the market. Smoby is well known for manufacturing toys for kids like first kitchens, minions’ desk, cozy seat and this skate scooter from Smoby is one of the best skate scooters in India. Let’s take a look at its features.
- This best skate scooter is perfect for kids above 5 years old and has 2 wheels (skate scooter for kids).
- Wheels are built of ABEC bearings which makes them excellent for smooth gliding on any surface (best skate scooters.
- This kid’s skate scooter is highly durable as it’s designed from sturdy metal.
- One of the best features of this best kick scooter for kids is its fold-ability feature. It means now you can easily carry it with you and also save space while storing (best skate scooters).
- For superior and comfortable gripping, the grips on the handlebar are made of foam. The sturdy nature of the handlebars makes it easier for your kids to change directions easily.
- The foot-board area is quite wide which enables your kid to keep their feet easily without slipping. The rear fender brakes allow your kid to easily stop this best kick scooter for kids with their legs. The surface is also non-skid which enhances the safety of your kid.
- This best skate scooter for kids is capable of handling up to 50 kgs of weight very easily.
- Lightweight, portable, fold-able
- 50kgs maximum weight capacity
- Design sturdy
- Wide, anti-skid foot-board
- Foam handlebars for better support
- Ideal for kids of 5 years and above
- After rigorous use wheels tend to come off
R for Rabbit Road Runner Skate Scooter -3 Wheel
The best kick scooter for kids, Best kick scooter brand in India
R for Rabbit is a brand which is well known for providing durable and strong products for kids like potty training seat, baby cradles and skate scooters. This skate scooter for kids is one of the best skate scooters and comes packed with features that make it a worthy investment. Let’s take a look at its features.
- This best skate scooter is ideal for kids as it has been built so that it can be used by your kid as he grows up. This best skate scooter comes in four adjustable heights to cater to different age groups
- 25 inches for 3-4 years old kids
- 28 inches for 4-6 years old kids
- 30 inches for 6-8-year-old kids
- 33 inches for 8-14 years old kids.
- Its PU wheels and robust design make the ride smooth and easy to turn which means this best kick skate scooter enables your kid to learn to ride even if they don’t know how to yet (best skate scooters).
- For maximum safety, this best kid’s skate scooter has 2 wheels in the front and one wheel in the back.
- Now your kid can drive safely in the dark as well owing to LED glow wheels to see clearly (best kick scooter).
- This kick scooter for kids is capable of handling up to 75 kgs weight making it ideal for kids in the 8-14 years age range. A wide foot-board ensures that your kid can keep both their feet comfortably on this skate scooter for kids.
- The presence of an anti-slippery surface along with a rubber grip on handlebars and extra-long brakes ensures that your kid has excellent grips and added safety when riding this best kick scooter for kids.
- Lightweight, durable and portable
- 75 kgs maximum weight support
- Durable handlebars with rubber grips
- Height adjustable to fit different age groups
- Wide footboard with non-skid surface
- Not ideal for kids 12 years of age.
Raawan Kids 3 Wheel Foldable Skate Scooter
The best skate scooters for kids, Bestselling skate scooter brand in India, best kick scooter
Raawan is another brand that is well known for its durable kids’ products like modern house kitchen sets, stainless steel kettle, and skate scooters. This model from Raawan is one of the best kid’s skate scooters and comes equipped with many features making it a worthy investment. Let’s take a look at its features
- This is one of the best skate scooters for kids as it takes their safety very important. It is designed with three wheels to ensure that your kid never loses control and has an excellent balance (best kick scooter).
- The wheels are made of ABEC bearings which makes the ride smooth with excellent turning and riding features.
- Further safety is ensured by the presence of LED light on the wheels which can enable you to see this skate scooter for kids even at night.
- This skate scooter for kids has a handlebar made from foam material which provides excellent grip when riding.
- This kick scooter for kids is ideal for kids in the age of 4-5 years and can withstand up to 45 kgs of weight (best kick scooter).
- It is foldable which means it does not take up any space during storage. Furthermore, with a plastic and steel body design, it is very sturdy and durable (best kick scooter).
- Lightweight and portable
- Durable handlebars and sturdy build quality
- Wide foot-board with a non-skid surface.
- Maximum weight support of 45 kgs
- Ideal for kids of 2 years and above ages
- There have been complaints that the LED lights do not work after few days of use
Zest 4 Toyz Skate Scooter
The best kick scooter, best skate scooter
As the name would suggest, Zest 4 Toyz is well known when it comes to toys for kids. This skate scooter for kids from Zest is one of the best kick scooters and has many features. Let’s take a look at its features
- This kick scooter for kids has a Lean-To-Steer technology. It means that to turn your kid just has to turn without having to turn the skate scooter (best kick scooter).
- With two rear wheels and one front wheel, this best skate scooter is ideal for kids of age 3 years and above.
- To make it easier to handle, this kick scooter for kids can be easily folded and carried on your shoulder in a carry bag which is provided with the purchase. Furthermore, since it only weighs 3 kgs, it won’t put too much strain on your body.
- The sturdy steel body design enables you to enjoy a smooth ride on this skate scooter for kids on any kind of terrain.
- There are powerful brakes equipped on this model which ensures that your kid does not fall off when riding on any kind of terrain (kick scooter for kids).
- The foot-board is wide enough to accommodate your kid’s feet comfortably. This best skate scooter is also capable of withstanding up to 50 kgs of weight making it ideal for a kid of 4-5 years of age.
- The adjustable heights feature also ensures that your kid can utilize this best kick scooter after growing.
- Lightweight and portable design
- 50 kgs maximum weight capacity
- Handlebars are durable
- Wide, non-skid footboard
- Three-adjustable heights
- Makes rattling noise.
NHR Foldable Skate Scooter
The best kids skate scooters, 10 best skate scooters for kids in India
The NHR skate scooter is one of the best skate scooters in the market and it comes with a number of features that make it a worthwhile purchase. Here are its features
- This best kick scooter is best suited for kids age 10 years and above. The welded steel frame makes it one of the most durable skate scooters for kids in the market
- This is a 2 wheeled skate scooter for kids with a powerful rear brake which your kid can easily press with his leg to stop the scooter when he needs to.
- The foot-board of this kick scooter for kids is also wide enough for a kid of even 14 years to keep their feet comfortably.
- The foot-board also has an anti-skid surface to ensure that your kid does not fall off when riding.
- This kid’s skate scooter can be adjusted to three height levels meaning your kid can easily use it as he grows up.
- This skate scooter or kids can easily handle up to 38 kgs of weight.
- Portable and lightweight
- Sturdy design
- Maximum capacity 38kgs
- Wide, non-skid foot-board
- Durable handlebars
- Best suited for kids 10 years and above
- Bottle holder and bell attachment
- Not suited for kids below 10 years of age.
TOYHOUSE Two-Wheeled Folding Skate Scooter
The best skate scooters, 10 best skate scooters for kids in India
This skate scooter from Toyhouse is one of the best skate scooters in India with a lot of features. Let’s take a look at its features
- This best skate scooter is ideal for kids aged 5-9 years as it has two adjustable heights
- The deck of this best skate scooter is broad for your kids to keep their feet comfortably.
- THE ABEC bearing in the wheels makes the ride very comfortable and smooth which provides added safety to your kid when riding.
- This best kick scooter for kids has a rear fender brake which has sufficient stopping power when activated by pressing with the leg.
- This best kick scooter for kids is designed with 2 wheels and can easily withstand up to 80 kgs of weight.
- Portable and lightweight
- 80kgs maximum weight capacity
- Wide, anti-skid foot-board
- Durable handlebars
- No bottle holder or bell
Baybee Skate Scooter
The best skate scooter for kids, 10 best skate scooters for kids in India
As the name suggests, Baybee is excellent in baby requirement products like chalkboards and other stuff. This is one of the best kick scooters for kids in India and comes with a lot of features
- This kick scooter for kids ideal for kids aged 3 years as it has three adjustable heights of 28, 30, and 33 inches.
- The robust PU quality wheels and its adjustable height make it the best kick scooter for kids both 3 years and 14 years of age.
- This kick skate scooter has 2 wheels at the front and one at the rear for ease of riding and handling. Stopping is also easy owing to the presence of the brake pedal at the rear.
- The extending handlebar caters to your growing kid and also has a strong grip for simpler handling.
- This best skate scooter can be easily disassembled and packed making it easier for you to carry over long distances
- Another noteworthy feature of this best skate scooter is that it is capable of withstanding 80 kgs of weight.
- Lightweight and portable
- Design is sturdy
- The handlebar is height adjustable and durable
- Wide and non-skid foot-board
- No warranty reported
Toyzone Ben 10 Scooter
The best skate scooter for kids, best kick scooter for kids
If your kid is a big fan of superheroes then this skate scooter from Toyzone is the best skate scooter for your kid. Let’s take a look at its features
- This best skate scooter comes in three graphic designs of batman, ben10, or Doraemon which makes it an instant hit for your kid.
- This best skate scooter has 2 wheels in the rear and one wheel in the front which makes it extremely stable and safe for your kids to ride.
- This skate scooter for kids is made of extremely durable materials along with a wide floorboard with anti-skid grips to prevent your kid from slipping while turning and riding.
- This kid’s skate scooter is ideal for your kid when they turn 4 years old.
- The Toyzone kick scooter for kids is easy to carry as it is fold-able and therefore does not take much space when storing.
- For extra control, this skate scooter for kids comes with a rear braking system which your kid can use with their rear leg.
- Three excellent designs
- 3-wheel design for extra stability
- Height adjustable design
- Durability is sometimes under question
Zinc Nitro Sound Kids Scooter
The best kick skate scooter for kids
This skate scooter from Zinc was designed keeping children in mind and is therefore extremely popular. Let’s take a look at its features
- The best feature which makes this skate scooter for kids extremely popular is that it comes with a real motor sound which is very appealing to the kids captivating their interest.
- This is a two-wheeled scooter for kids with a wide non-slip foot-board that easily and quite comfortably supports your kid’s feet.
- This best skate scooter is also made of durable materials and is lightweight as well. This means you can easily carry it around with you
- It comes with an adjustable height to easily accommodate your growing kid (best skate scooters).
- The wheel has LED lights which is an added safety feature
- The nitro motor sound feature can be turned on or off by a key provided.
- 6-month warranty
- Lightweight and portable
- Real motor sound to make kids feel as if they are actually driving.
- Wide foot-board and comfortable handles
- Needs to be assembled after purchase
Starwalk 2 Wheel Scooter
The best skate scooter for adults, 10 best skate scooters for kids in India
This 2-wheel scooter from Star walk is not only ideal for kids but it is also a skate scooter for adults. Let’s take a look at its features
- This skate scooter for kids is a 2-wheeler scooter that comes with a wide foot-board that provides safety and a comfortable ride.
- This best skate scooter in India has 120mm PVC wheels which make for a smooth ride.
- This best skate scooter comes with front brakes with excellent stopping power and a side stand which used for parking conveniently.
- The handlebar provides a firm grip for your kid which makes it easier for turning.
- Lightweight and portable
- Durable design
- Wide foot-board
- Easy and firm grip increases flexibility when riding.
- Adjustable height
- Not suited for children under 5 years of age
- No warranty
Buyer’s Guide: 10 Best Skate Scooters for Kids in India
Now that we have looked into the 10 best skate scooters for kids in India, we will discuss the important factors that you need to consider when purchasing the best skate scooter for your kids.
Skate scooters are generally available in two types
- Kick scooters – These types of scooters move when your kid pushes the scooter by kicking on the ground to make the wheels move. So, this type of scooter is not only fun for your kids, they are also very helpful in keeping your kids active and exercising. Furthermore, it is also very lightweight making it easy to transport.
- Electric scooters – These types of scooters come with a rechargeable battery that powers an electric motor that propels the scooter. Riding this type of scooter doesn’t require any effort from your kid. It is also capable of supporting more weight and is also very stable. However, they are heavier and more expensive than kick scooters and require more maintenance.
One of the most advantageous aspects of scooters is that these vehicles are available for all age groups. Hence, it is of utmost importance that you choose the scooter ideal for the age of your kid. If you are looking to purchase kick scooters for teenagers, there is an increased chance of them getting hurt due to reduced grip issues. Therefore, make sure you research the specifications of the scooter to know whether it is perfect for your kid.
The place of the scooter where your kid places their feet is called the deck. With a smaller footboard, your kid will experience discomfort while riding. Deck sizes are available in two sizes0 small and large. Even though there is only an inch difference between the two sizes, that extra space makes all the difference in riding comfort. The smaller deck size is ideal for kids with smaller feet and the larger deck size is perfect for kids with larger feet.
The first thing we need to discuss wheels is their size. There are variants of scooters with equal-sized wheels on opposite sides. There are some models that have a larger wheel at the front and a smaller wheel at the back. In reality, scooters have 7 different wheel sizes ranging from 100 to 230mm. Larger wheels are essential for providing stability and absorbing shock. Scooters with smaller wheels are lighter to carry and are easier to achieve higher speeds. However, smaller wheel scooters cannot absorb shocks as efficiently and you can feel the vibrations on the feet and the handlebars.
The second most important factor to consider regarding wheels is the number of wheels. 2-wheel scooters are ideal for kids above 5 years of age as they are better at balancing and can handle more weight and move faster. 3-wheel scooters are more suitable for toddlers and younger kids. 2 of the wheels are placed upfront with a single wheel at the back which provides greater stability. Hence, if your kid is a beginner then a 3-wheel scooter is the best option.
The ideal weight of the cycle is around 2-10 kg. The best choice of scooter is the one that your kid can easily maneuver. Scooters that are heavier than what your kid can handle can put too much strain on your kid.
Using steering, the kid controls the movement of the scooter. Most of the skate scooters come with T-shaped steering. However, some of them have a lean mechanism – where the kid has to use their body weight to balance the scooter. Most beginners start with the T-system and graduate to the lean system. Some scooters also provide both steering systems.
There are some scooters that come with a folding mechanism making them extremely portable, easy to store and transport as well. The folding mechanism is either three actions or single action. Scooters with 3 step folding follow three steps of releasing the clamp, moving the pin, and securing the clamp. In the single folding mechanism scooters, you just need to remove the pin to fold. Single fold scooters are convenient for some users whereas some prefer 3 step folding scooters. Hence, choose a scooter as per your preference.
Some scooters have a spring-like mechanism that is attached to the front or back of the scooter. Most scooters have suspension on the front stem. The main function of this suspension is to absorb the shocks and reduce vibration on your feet. A scooter with a suspension makes the ride more comfortable and better. The only downside is that having a suspension makes it heavier. However, scooters with suspensions are the best choice for places with uneven roads.
Brakes are essential accompaniments on scooters that will help your kid to control the scooter and stop immediately on uneven as well as slippery surfaces.
Kick scooters generally come equipped with brakes at the back wheel. Kids need to push down their back foot to bring the scooter to a stop. This type of design is the most popular and common. There are some advanced scooters that are equipped with a brake lever like bicycles. This lever is connected to the back wheel for stopping the scooter effectively.
Adjustable Handle Bars
One important aspect to consider is that as the kids keep growing, they may outgrow the height of the fixed handlebars. Therefore, it is advisable to purchase a scooter with an adjustable handlebar. This lets you adjust the handlebar height to the required level which will be comfortable for your kid to hold.
- Racks – There are certain scooters that come equipped with a rack on the front which can hold your kids’ helmets, snacks, water bottles, and other stuff.
- Security System – There are some scooters that come with a security system making it easier for the police to trace them in case of theft. It is therefore advantageous to purchase a scooter with a built-in security system for added safety.
- Straps – While this is not a standard feature, having a scooter with straps allows you to carry it on your shoulder if you are planning to carry your scooter for a longer distance.
- Kickstands – Kickstands enable you to park your scooter just like a bicycle which makes it very convenient for you to store in a designated position.
The Anti-lock braking system has a speed sensor which is instrumental in determining at what speeds the wheels would lock up. If your kid is a beginner then having this feature ensures that your kid does not ride the scooter at high speeds. This feature helps stop the scooter immediately even on a slippery and uneven surface.
While some scooters come in an assembled state, there are some which need assembly upon purchase. Therefore, before you decide on the model, make sure that you can handle the assemblage of the scooter. Having an assembly kit is also advised before buying.
Durability is one of the important factors to consider before purchasing a skate scooter. A durable skate scooter is built of strong materials with a strong grip which makes the scooter long-lasting and a worthy investment.
Buying a product from a company with a good warranty duration increases your trust in the product. While not many brands provide a warranty for skate scooters, there are some which come with a warranty of 1-3 years.
Budget and Price
While there are skate scooters with different prices, a good scooter comes in the price range of 3000-6000 INR. For scooters designed for beginners, you can scooters within the price range of 1500 to 2000 INR as well. Therefore, you can choose the best scooter which is suitable for your kid.
Skate scooters are splendid to look at and fun to play with. However, it is imperative that you concentrate on the safety features as well. Below are the guidelines that you need to follow to ensure optimal safety.
- 3 to 4 years old toddlers should be given a skate scooter with 3 to 4 wheels to help them maintain balance. It is also safer to have adjustable handlebars to accommodate the toddler’s growth.
- After your kid is showing signs of being able to maintain his balance, it is a good idea to shift to a scooter with two wheels. However, it is advisable to shift to a 2-wheel skate scooter when your kid is 5-6 years old.
- When your kid is 9-10 years old, you can now go for a motorized skate scooter.
- Always make sure that you have the proper safety gear like a helmet, elbow guard, and knee guard to protect your kid from any injuries while having fun.
FAQs: 10 Best Skate Scooters for Kids in India
Yes, you can definitely wash your skate scooter. However, make sure that you do not use too much detergent which might scrape off the designs on the scooter.
The bearings are self-lubricated. This means you don’t need to lubricate them additionally.
Exhaustion can depend on the handling of the kick scooter. To prevent your kid from getting exhausted, make sure that they have the correct relaxed posture when riding and also make sure that they understand how to thrust themselves forward by kicking without any undue strain or injury.
Yes, Skate scooters are excellent means for kids to learn to balance their weight and improve hand-eye coordination.
Skate scooters are fun and excellent for ensuring that your kids remain active outdoors and that they get all the exercise they need while enjoying zooming around on the scooters. There are multiple brands that provide skate scooters that cater to different age groups and in this article, we have compiled and reviewed the 10 best skate scooters for kids in India. The review is also accompanied by a Buyer’s guide which will help you in purchasing the perfect skate scooter for your kid.
Check out our trending posts