In modern times, a life without an internet connection is unheard of and having a strong WiFi connection is one of the best things to experience. However, there happen to be certain situations when you might not get the strong WiFi signal you so desire which becomes quite annoying. This issue usually happens if the router is farther away from you or if there are many obstacles like walls in the room between you and the router. Hence, to address this issue, a simple solution is to get a WiFi range extender or repeater. These devices extend the range and coverage of the routers. Therefore, in this article, we will review the 10 best WiFi range extenders & repeaters in India along with a comprehensive buyer’s guide that will outline the factors which you will need to consider before you purchase the WiFi range extender for your everyday use.
Best WiFi Range Extenders – Reviews
We have divided our article into 3 sections namely reviews, buyer’s guide, and FAQs. In our first section, we have listed the top 10 best WiFi range extenders and repeaters in India. While in the second section, we have discussed various factors and technology used in the best range extenders. In our last section i.e. FAQs, we have tried to answer a few of the queries we came across during our research that consumers asked over the internet.
Hope you will enjoy our research and our final write up would help you decide the best product in your budget.
Tp-Link Re305 Ac1200 Dual-Band WiFi Range Extender
Best TP-link WiFi range extender
3.7 out of 5, 6463+ Reviews
Some of the best WiFi range extenders are provided by TP-link. This model from TP-Link is one of the best WiFi signal boosters in the market and here are its features
- This TP-link WiFi range extender is one of the best WiFi range extenders and its dual-band frequency makes it ideal for a large coverage area use for your home.
- This TP-link WiFi range extender is a wireless device that reduces all the signal interference to ensure reliable WiFi coverage (best WiFi signal booster).
- Since this TP-link WiFi range extender is dual-band, its 5GHz frequency gives a speed of 867Mbps and its 2.4GHz frequency gives a speed of 300Mbps with which you can easily enjoy HD video streaming, online gaming, regular web browsing and help you complete all your work seamlessly (best WiFi range extender).
- Connection to the WiFi router is much easier and it has an excellent range which provides a strong and stable signal to every corner of your house.
- With a 1200mps and above WiFi bandwidth and wireless com standard of 802.11a/802.11b/ 802.11g/ 802.11n/ 802.11ac, this TP-link WiFi range extender is one of the best WiFi range extenders in India.
- This TP-link WiFi range extender has some of the best features like Smart LED lights that will help you place your device perfectly in your house for great coverage and strong signal. There is a built-in access point that allows you to easily connect your device to the extender via an Ethernet port for connection to strong internet access. Furthermore, mobile app-based access makes this TP-link WiFi range extender easy to use and manage.
- Dual-band system for faster and different connections
- Power saver options
- Compatible with standard gateway or router
- Useful in both wireless and wired form
- Sometimes there is a drop in speeds
Netgear EX6110 AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Best WiFi range extender, 10 Best WiFi range extenders & Repeaters in India
4.1 out of 5, 7720+ Reviews
Netgear is a well-known brand that provides excellent networking solutions for both your home and office. This model from Netgear is one of the best WiFi range extenders in India and is packed with features designed to cater to all your networking requirements. Here are its features
- This Netgear WiFi range extender is one of the best WiFi range extenders which boosts your existing network with speeds in the range of 1200Mbps.
- This Netgear WiFi range extender uses the Fastlane technology which ensures superior performance at all times (best WiFi range extender).
- The range of coverage of this Netgear WiFi range extender is further extended owing to its internal antenna array and the high-power amplifiers.
- One of the best features of this Netgear WiFi range extender is that it is compatible with all types of WiFi routers.
- This is one of the best WiFi speed boosters allowing lag-free online gaming and easy seamless streaming of HD videos on online platforms.
- This Netgear WiFi range extender further allows the connection of several devices directly like laptops, smartphones, etc. at all times.
- Other notable features include Smart LED lights which indicate the signal strength for better strength, the Netgear WIFI Analytics mobile App that helps you to check the strength of your WiFi signal in every room and identify the place with the weakest coverage, and also helps to optimize the network by identifying the WiFi channels of least traffic and highest speed and also help to secure the network (best WiFi range extender).
- Compatible with devices that support WiFi Protected Setup.
- Mobile app support
- Very good after-sales customer service backup
- Wide coverage and Fastlane technology.
- Wireless coverage may depend on the operating environment
- Compatibility might be an issue with gateways or routers having altered firmware.
TP-Link RE650 AC2600 Universal Dual Band Range Extender
Best TP-link WiFi range extender
4.0 out of 5, 2082+ Reviews
Another TP-Link WiFi range extender in this list, this is one of the best WiFi speed boosters in the market. Here are its features
- This TP-Link WiFi range extender is equipped with a powerful Quad Antenna with a Beamforming design whose sole purpose is to deliver a highly targeted WiFi connection that improves the connection throughput and also makes the signal stronger (best WiFi range extender).
- The Intelligent Processing Engine in this TP-Link WiFi range extender balances the demands of every connected device and keeps the connection uninterrupted and really fast.
- Along with the smooth and fast connection, this TP-Link WiFi range extender sends the WiFi traffic to the dedicated processors and the powerful dual-core CPU is more than capable of handling the remaining job.
- TP-Link WiFi range extender utilizes the TurboQAM and 4-stream technology to boost the WiFi bandwidth. This enables you to reach maximum speeds of 1733Mbps on 5GHz and 800Mbps on 2.4GHz bandwidth. This means that the TP-Link WiFi range extender supports all the nuances of online applications like gaming and 4K streaming.
- This TP-link WiFi range extender is also equipped with MU-MIMO technology that allows you to link 4 devices at once easily. This technology further increases the WiFi throughput and reduces the wait time for every device.
- Other notable features include a Gigabit Ethernet port for faster-wired connections and smart LED lights that will help you gauge the strength of the signal in different parts of your house.
- The TP-Link Tether App for mobile helps regulate the device
- 3 years warranty
- Capable of both wired and wireless connectivity
- Very expensive
TP-Link TL-WA850RE 300Mbps Universal WiFi Range Extender
Best TP-link WiFi range extender, best WiFi speed booster
4.1 out of 5, 48555+ Reviews
This best WiFi range extender is the third entry from TP-Link in this list and is one of the best WiFi range extenders in India. Let’s take a look at its features
- This TP-Link WiFi range extender is one of the best WiFi range extenders which possesses a dual-band feature to provide seamless internet to every corner of your room.
- The connection to the WiFi router can be done much easier and this TP-Link WiFi range extender expands and strengthens the signal so that the signal from the router reaches every corner of the room which the router cannot reach by itself.
- This TP-Link WiFi range extender is a wireless device and therefore very easily reduces the signal interference to ensure WiFi signal reliability.
- Its dual-band frequency mode allows you to have sped up to 867Mbps with 5GHz frequency and 300Mbps with 2.4GHz frequency making it the perfect means to browse, stream online HD videos, and also for online gaming (best WiFi range extenders).
- Other notable features in the TP-Link WiFi range extender are smart signal indicator LED lights that showcase the strength of the signal for better placement, direct connection into the extender by means of Ethernet ports (best WiFi speed booster).
- One more notable feature is that this TP-Link WiFi range extender has a tether application for both iOS and Android devices. This application enables you to easily access all advanced networks (best WiFi range extender).
- 3 years warranty
- Dual-band system
- Power saving options
- Useful as both wired and wireless form
Mercusys MW300RE 300Mbps WiFi Range Extender
Best WiFi signal booster, 10 Best WiFi range extenders & Repeaters in India
3.7 out of 5, 738+ Reviews
Mercusys is another brand that provides excellent networking solutions for superior WiFi internet access. Here are its features
- This extender has three external antennas that ensure that the signal reaches every corner of your room which are inaccessible by the WiFi router (best WiFi range extender).
- It employs the NIMO technology which makes it better than the traditional and other ordinary range extenders.
- Setup is easy with one button and it is quite easy for you to configure the device as well as per your requirements (best WiFi range extenders).
- This is a wall-mounted extender which makes it quite compact and easy to manage as well. Furthermore, owing to its smaller size, it can be placed anywhere in the room quite easily to ensure optimal coverage (best WiFi signal booster).
- Some of its best features are that it easily eliminates all the dead zones in your house or office and also provides a strong connection (best WiFi signal booster). With this device, you will have easy connectivity with the router within seconds just by simply pushing the WPS button.
- Furthermore, with its internal antenna array along with high power amplifiers, its coverage range is highly increased and it can also work with any WiFi router. This means you can easily stream HD videos, do your work online, enjoy online gaming easily, and without any lag. Also, you can connect multiple devices like laptops, smartphones, all at the same time.
- 3 years of warranty
- Quick installation guide enables easy installation by yourself
- Unlike its peers, it is not feature rich.
iBall 300M Wi-Fi Range Extender/Access Point/Signal Booster
Best WiFi range extender, 10 Best WiFi Range Extenders & Repeaters in India
3.9 out of 5, 819+ Reviews
In spite of being a relatively new brand, iball is making waves in the market with some of the best value for money products. This Universal WiFi amplifier range extender is one of the best WiFi range extenders and here are its features
- This is a universal WiFi amplifier Range Extender which you connect quite easily with any old or entry-level WiFi routers and boost the signal strength quite considerably (best WiFi signal booster).
- An interesting feature of this WiFi range extender is that it is USB powered which makes it quite easier for you to use by simply plugging it into any USB port.
- This plug and use the best WiFi signal booster will give you an excellent 300Mbps bandwidth internet in any corner of your house.
- It gives you the chance to stream movies, play games, surf the net without any lag or delay in signal strength.
- Other notable features include a compact and stylish design, USB powered operation making it portable with wide coverage, and an easy installation procedure via the smartphone app makes it easier for anyone to use.
- Compact and stylish
- Directly plug in your wall socket
- LED indicators
- Good WiFi signal booster with MIMO technology
- Country of origin: India
- Good after sales service, 1-year warranty
- No physical buttons
D-Link DAP-1610 AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Best WiFi range extender by Indian brand, 10 Best WiFi range extenders & Repeaters in India
3.2 out of 5, 170+ Reviews
D-Link is a well-known brand that provides excellent network solutions and this model from D-Link is one of the best WiFi range extenders in the market. Here are its features
- This is a plug and uses a WiFi range extender which is capable of boosting your signal up to 1200 Mbps with excellent coverage.
- This best WiFi range extender is a dual-band WiFi range extender working at both 24. And 5GHz to give optimal range and excellent speed and that too at the push of a button.
- Easy installation and customizations through the D-Link mobile app.
- Its dual-band frequency setup gives speeds of up to 300Mbps at the 2.4GHz frequency and 867Mbps at the 5GHz frequency.
- This best WiFi range extender also has 2 external Ethernet ports with which you can connect multiple devices at the same time without any lag in speed.
- Compatible with any WiFi router
- Ethernet ports
- Smartphone app for easy control
- Design is smart and sleek
- Stable connection might not be found at times.
Digisol DG-WR3001N Wireless Range Extender
Best WiFi range extender, best Wifi signal booster
3.7 out of 5, 116+ Reviews
Digisol is a well-known brand in the field of wired and wireless products. This is a recent product launched by Digisol which has a lot of interesting features
- This best WiFi speed booster is compatible with any kind of WiFi routers and boosts the speed in every corner of your room.
- With a 2.4 GHz frequency, this WiFi range extender provides speeds of 300Mbps without any speed lag.
- It is compatible with all kinds of devices like laptops, smartphones, etc.
- This range extender can be used in multiple WiFi modes like an access point, a universal repeater, or a wireless client.
- This best WiFi signal booster lets you know the signal strength by means of an indicator light which makes it easier for you to place it in the perfect spot in your house.
- Reliable WiFi connection
- Various LEDs on the front for easy monitoring
- Easy installation and setup
- Secure connection with WPS button
- No dual-band feature
ASUS RT-N 12 Wireless N300 3-in-1 Router/AP/Range Extender
Best WiFi signal booster, best WiFi repeater, 10 Best WiFi range extenders & Repeaters in India
3.8 out of 5, 468+ Reviews
Asus is another brand which provides excellent products at affordable prices. This WiFi range extender is no exception and has many important features
- This is a 3-in-1 WiFi router cum AP cum range extender which is totally wireless and has excellent wide-range coverage and multi-tasking abilities (best WiFi range extenders).
- This is a router cum extender that can be used both as a wired and a wireless device for your home or small office.
- This device has sufficient coverage area which is enough for home working environments (best WiFi range extenders).
- This device is equipped with 2T2R MIMO technology and dual 5dBi high gain antennas which provides excellent support when streaming videos in HD, VoIP calls, and online gaming.
- Set up is easy using ASUS’s unique Quick Internet Setup with an intuitive Graphical User Interface. Following the steps allows you to set up the device within 30 seconds in 3 easy steps.
- This device enables you to set up an exclusive VPN server easily. Data transmission is discrete and confidential owing to PPTP encryption.
- Access control and bandwidth management are much better due to 4 SSIDs.
- 3 in 1 ability of router/ Access Points/Extender
- RJ-45 (Ethernet cable) supported by all the major ISPs
- 4 SSIDs for better bandwidth management
- Android app for easy support and management
- Some reports of signal drop and reduced range.
Tenda A301 Wireless N300 Universal Range Extender
best WiFi signal booster, 10 Best WiFi Range Extenders & Repeaters in India
3.4 out of 5, 638+ Reviews
Tenda is well-known for its range of networking products. This product from Tenda has a lot of interesting and notable features
- This is a pure wireless WiFi extender that is compatible with all kinds of WiFi routers.
- This is a plug-in WiFi range extender and is ideal for home, two-story houses, etc. and it can easily cover an area of 120 meters square (best WiFi signal booster).
- With up to 300Mbps of bandwidth, you can use this device to enjoy uninterrupted internet for HD video streaming, online gaming, etc.
- The Ethernet port allows you to connect devices like DVRs, gaming consoles, TVs, etc directly to the internet.
- For enhanced security, this device supports WEP, WPA, and WPA2 encryption
- Compatible with any types of routers
- Wall-mounted design
- Wired and wireless mode due to ethernet port
- Wide coverage
- Firmware may need to be improved
A Buyer’s Guide: 10 Best WiFi Range Extenders & Repeaters in India
Now that we have reviewed the best WiFi range extenders and repeaters in India, we shall now, in this section of the article, discuss the important factors that need to play a major role in your judgment when choosing the best WiFi range extenders and repeaters for your use. Hence, this is a comprehensive buying guide of all the technical factors you need to look into before making the purchase.
WiFi Extender Types
Essentially, WiFi extenders are of two types
Desktop Range Extender – This type of extender resembles a WiFi router in its appearance. These types of extenders can have multiple external antennas and LAN ports as well as USB ports. With this type of extender, you can easily connect certain devices like your TV, gaming console, and USB devices like printers and storage devices. The multiples external antennas provide an excellent coverage range.
Plug-In Range Extender – These are small extenders that can be directly inserted into the wall outlet. Most of these types of extenders have an internal antenna and one LAN port. They are less versatile owing to a lack of USB connectivity but are more affordable than the desktop WiFi extender. They have a shorter range than desktop WiFi extenders.
One of the most important factors to consider is the compatibility of the WiFi extender. Your WiFi extender should be of a type that is compatible with your WiFi router. The standards for the WiFi connection are set by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers and given below is a list of all the prevailing standards in the market. The latest standard in the market is the IEEE 802.11ax which has a significant speed upgrade from its predecessor. It is imperative to note that the router which you have should be capable of supporting the standard for your WiFi extender. However, a WiFi extender with the IEEE 802.11ac standard will support any router with lower standards. On the contrary, a lower standard WiFi extender will not be compatible with any router of higher standards. With a higher standard extender and a lower standard router, your signal speed will get boosted instantly.
Single or Dual Band
The single band supports 2.4 GHz frequency of transmission whereas the dual-band extenders support 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies. While the 2.4GHz frequency has a longer range, the 5 GHz is built for superior speed. Hence, if you have a dual-band router, you should opt for a dual-band extender as well else the speed will be less during extension. A dual-band extender is extremely useful when you want to stream videos. The single band extenders are much more useful for light use like browsing the internet. As such, the extender with the 5GHz has much less traffic leading to a smoother streaming experience.
The MU-MIMO is the latest technology to be incorporated into the WiFi routers and extenders. This technology enables you to get a better WiFi experience when connected to the wireless network. Hence, it is important that you check that the extender and the router both support MU-MIMO technology. This technology enables the sending of multiple or large packets of data to multiple users all at once. This technology proves to be extremely useful when you are intending to stream high-quality movies and videos on the wireless network. This technology further makes it easier for you to connect multiple devices to your wireless network at once.
Even while possessing a WiFi extender with all the latest and fancy features, it will not be of good use if not placed properly. One of the biggest issues faced by WiFi routers is that the signal strength gets reduced as it passes through multiple walls and objects in your home or office. Hence, placement is the key. The best way to place your WiFi extender is right between the source WiFi router and the end-user. Furthermore, you should take care to avoid any large metal object in its way and try to place it in a way so as to offer a direct line of sight so that the signal does not need to go through a series of walls.
As discussed previously, better speeds are offered by a 5GHz WiFi network as compared to the 2.4GHz WiFi network. The speed of your extender and the router depends upon the frequency band being used. Higher frequency bands give better speeds. The speed rating is usually given by the AC rating and no two 5GHz frequency extenders will have the same speed as shown in the list below
The extender should be bought keeping in mind the range you want your extender to cover. If the coverage area is less or there are no obstructions in the room, an extender with a single-band frequency range should be enough. In this logic, a larger coverage area both vertically or horizontally would entail the use of a WiFi extender having a powerful or dual-band frequency. Every extender comes with information regarding its coverage area. So, when you are purchasing the extender, make sure that you verify the coverage area provided by the extender.
Number of Ports
Different WiFi boosters have different numbers of ports. If you are looking to connect any device using a wire, you need your extender to have an Ethernet port. Connecting devices by wires are invariably faster and have a stronger wireless connection. Along with the Ethernet ports, some extenders also come with USB ports which will allow you to connect your storage devices, printers, and scanners. Once connected, this will allow you to access your devices from anywhere in your room where there is coverage which is quite convenient.
There are many extender models in the market that have LED indicators which will show you the strength of the signal being received from the router. These indicators will help you in placing your extender in the perfect place with the strongest signal and maximum coverage. Along with the signal strength, LED indicators further show that other functions of the extenders as well as flash warning lights.
One of the most important factors that need to be considered is the security of the WiFi network. Both the router and the extender come with certain security standards a list of which is given in the table below. Ideally, even if your router has security standards below WPA2, make sure that you get an extender with the latest WPA2 standard rating. These standards are devised to prevent any unauthorized access to your network and for secure transfer of your files and data.
Firmware is the software that is embedded inside the hardware device. All the WiFi range extenders come with their pre-loaded firmware which gets updated from time to time to provide you with the latest firmware. An updated firmware version enables the company to fix the reported bugs, boost the performance, and helps add new features and support. Along with this, firmware upgrades most importantly upgrade the security standards. Hence, it is advisable to purchase your extenders from reputable brands that regularly upgrade their firmware. There are some extenders that provide you with the option of installing a customized firmware for advanced users.
Modern range extenders are much easier to set up owing to WPS support. Now pairing can be done easily with just the press of a button. Now you can easily set the name of the network and password to protect it to restrict and secure access. Setup is made much easier owing to a web-based setup wizard for the basic configuration installation. Some extenders also provide extended features like access scheduling and guest networking.
FAQS: 10 Best WiFi Range Extenders & Repeaters in India
A WiFi range extender is an appliance that is designed to extend the coverage area of your WiFi network by receiving the WiFi signal from your WiFi router, amplifying, and then transmitting the boosted signal. It enables you to extend the reach of your WiFi router.
The reach of a WiFi range extender depends on the brand and the model of the extender. Generally, extenders providing a bandwidth of 1200Mbps have a longer and better coverage than extenders with 300Mbps bandwidth. The reach of the extender is mentioned with the purchase.
To know if you need a WiFi extender you need to check for these things in your home
1. There are WiFi dead spots in your home
2. There is poor WiFi coverage in a large house
3. The WiFi is slower than the wired connection
4. Do you desire WiFi Access outside your house like in your front porch or backyard?
If your answer is yes to these questions, then you definitely need a WiFi extender.
All the WiFi extenders come with encryption that will prevent you from interfering with your neighbors network and vice versa.
WiFi extenders are devices that capture the signal from an existing network provided by a router, amplifies it, and transmit to different corners of the room. On the contrary, mesh routers provide internet to every corner of the room by means of nodes or smaller router to ensure that you get seamless, fast, and lag-free at all times. However, mesh routers are much more expensive than extenders and are comparatively much difficult to install than extenders. Hence, it’s up to you to decide your network requirements to choose the type of network you want.
A good WiFi range extender can make a huge difference when it comes to solving issues of slow internet at certain places in your house. In this article, we have reviewed the top 10 best WiFi range extenders for home use in India along with a detailed discussion of the important factors that will aid you in your choice of purchasing the best WiFi range extender for home.
In our opinion, if you are looking for extensive coverage in a big house with multiple floors and rooms, for extended coverage we recommend that you go for a WiFi range extender with bandwidth exceeding 1200Mbps like the one provided by the TP-Link RE305 AC1200 Dual-Band WiFi Range Extender.
Conversely, if you have a lesser coverage area then a WiFi range extender with bandwidth up to 300Mbps as provided by TP-Link TL-WA850RE 300Mbps Universal WiFi Range Extender is the best bet.
Happy Shopping, Happy Browsing