It is a well-known fact that music is fuel for the soul and playing a musical instrument brings untold happiness. A guitar is an instrument that is known to be one of the most versatile musical instruments and the instrument of choice for musicians all around the world. Naturally, if you want to start your music as a career or even as a hobby, it is best to start with the acoustic guitar which is much easier to learn. However, there are many different companies providing a plethora of acoustic guitars which makes it quite difficult for a beginner to choose the best one for your playing style and the type of music you want to create. To address this issue, we have compiled and reviewed the top 10 best acoustic guitars in India along with a buyer’s guide to help you effectively choose the best acoustic guitar for your everyday needs. Hence, without much delay, let us now look into the Top 10 best acoustic guitars in India.
Yamaha F310, 6-Strings Acoustic Guitar
Best acoustic guitar, best acoustic guitar brands, best acoustic guitars under 10000
4.3 out of 5, 1398+ Reviews
Yamaha is a well-known brand and is a leader in many categories. One of those categories is the musical instruments. The Yamaha F310, 6-Strings Acoustic Guitar is built with the best features that are designed to aid you in your guitar learning and playing effectively. The top material is crafted from Spruce while the fingerboard and bridge are minutely crafted from hand-picked rosewood. Let’s take a look at its features
- Tone wood was used to construct the sides, back and other parts of the guitar to minimize wastage.
- Fingerboard is made from rosewood that provides the perfect finishing and best comfort.
- This best acoustic guitar has a spruce top, Neto neck and other design features that makes it easy to hold and play for both kids and adults, beginners and professionals.
- Comparatively Cheaper
- A Lightweight guitar
- Easier to play makes it beginner’s friendly
- Standard looking guitar
- Body is not appealing
Fender CD-60 SCE NAT Dreadnought Semi Acoustic Guitar
Best acoustic guitar in India, best acoustic guitar brands
4.4 out of 5, 41+ Reviews
Fender is one of the best guitar brands in the world and this product from fender is one of the best acoustic guitars which combines the best onboard electrical features with the best tuner. The guitar has been crafted with a solid spruce top while mahogany wood has been used on the back and sides of the guitar. Let’s take a look at its features
- This best acoustic guitar has an inbuilt Fishman tuner which is one the best in the business.
- The tuner is battery operated and requires a 9V battery which can be easily entered into a slot provided on the body of the guitar.
- The dreadnought size of the guitar is very comfortable and lightweight to use.
- It comes with a rolled fingerboard which makes holding the strings and playing it very comfortable and easy.
- It comes with a solid spruce top and scalloped X bracing.
- Made in Indonesia
- Excellent tone and clarity when connected to an amplifier
- Easy to play
- Venetian cutaway body for perfect look and hold
- Buzzing heard in few strings when holding power chords
- Frequent play can result in changing strings frequently.
Donner DAG-1C Beginner Acoustic Guitar
Best acoustic guitar in India, best acoustic guitar brands
4.6 out of 5, 883+ Reviews
If you are looking for an acoustic guitar at an affordable price without compromising on the sound output quality this model of guitar shall be your first choice. The Donner DAG 1C is a perfect example of a quality and affordability mix. The guitar is made up of basswood and the accessories you will get with the bundle pack are really helpful to start your musical journey. This product from Donner is one of the best acoustic guitars for beginners to learn playing and hone their skills as budding guitarists. Let’s take a look at its features
- The tuning pegs are designed of steel which makes it easy and comfortable to hold while tuning your guitar perfectly.
- It is designed for right-handed guitarists
- The frets are made of brass with marked fret positions at 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, 12th, 15th, and 17th frets for ease of finding the chords and playing notes
- The cutaway dreadnought body ensures a vibrant tonal quality
- Excellent for beginners
- There may be a slight buzz between strings
- Little difficult to play power chords
Yamaha FS100C Acoustic Guitar
Best acoustic guitar brands in India, best acoustic guitars for beginners, best acoustic guitars under 10000
4.2 out of 5, 131+ Reviews
This product from Yamaha is one of the best acoustic guitars in the market and is a stand out amongst its competitors owing to its natural look and design. This affordable acoustic guitar from Yamaha makes it another perfect choice if you are looking for a branded alternative. Let’s take a look at its features
- Owing to its cheap and affordable pricing, this is one of the best guitars to purchase if you are on a budget.
- The unique cutaway body design makes it easier for you to hold and play for both beginners and professionals alike.
- This best acoustic guitar from Yamaha has a Spruce back or side design along with a mahogany neck that provides for a great experience.
- This best acoustic guitar has a Nato fretboard and a rosewood bridge with 20 snorkeling frets.
- Tuning is easier with open Chromatic tuners to give it the best and perfect tone when tuning.
- Natural and traditional touch
- 14 frets to play with unmatched tonal quality
- No combo packages present
- In-built pickups
Fender CD60S Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
Best acoustic guitar brands, best acoustic guitars for beginners
4.1 out of 5, 76+ Reviews
Fender is the leading brand of guitar manufacturers in the world and this product from Fender is a gem of a guitar to have and play with. The acoustic guitar has been crafted with a Mahogany top, back and sides. Here are its features
- This best acoustic guitar from Fender has an excellent dreadnought tone at an affordable price.
- This guitar is designed with a solid spruce top along with a standard and modern tonewood that adds to the beauty of this guitar.
- The neck is easy to hold and play with and a rolled fingerboard for edges makes holding the guitar and playing comfortable and effortless.
- The body is made of mahogany with excellent glossing to give it a premium look and also makes it lightweight.
- Dreadnought guitar
- Solid spruce top with scalloped X- bracing
- Rolled fingerboard at the edges
- Mahogany design
- Chords may be harder to play if not used for a long time
Kadence Slowhand Series Premium Acoustic Guitar, Black Spruce Top SH-04
Best acoustic guitars for beginners, best acoustic guitars under 15000
3.5 out of 5, 41+ Reviews
This acoustic guitar from Kadence is an example of a perfect design to provide the best and almost perfect tonal quality and sound. Let’s take a look at its features
- This best acoustic guitar is a dreadnought guitar with a Demi Cut design that makes the tonal quality excellent and also makes it comfortable to hold while playing and learning.
- The bridge is made from rosewood with a nut width of 43mm.
- The Kadence strings are good to play with.
- The back and sides are made of Black Spruce to give it a premium look.
- Excellent body with beautiful style and shine
- Strings may start giving some issues after repeated use.
Ibanez GA15-NT 6-String Classical Guitar
Best acoustic guitars under 15000, best acoustic guitar brands in India
4.3 out of 5, 18+ Reviews
This classical guitar from Ibanez is one of the finest and best acoustic guitars to procure and play. Here are its many features
- This best acoustic guitar from Ibanez has an excellent tonal quality along with easy to hold neck and frets that help you create your music easily.
- The Cedar top wood design makes it lightweight and gives it a premium quality.
- Tonal quality is very high and the small size makes it easier for you to hold and play the classical style of guitar playing.
- This has an X bracing pattern which makes the sound even better.
- Mahogany back and sides
- Excellent sound
- Classic and traditional classical guitar size
- Strings get harder when not used for a long time
Hertz HZA-7000 Acoustic Guitar
Best acoustic guitars for beginners, Top 10 Best Acoustic Guitars in India
4.4 out of 5, 5+ Reviews
This acoustic guitar from Hertz is one of the best acoustic guitars at present in the Indian market and comes with exceptional features to make the sound and playing beautiful. Let’s take a look at its features
- The tonal quality is excellent and this best guitar also ensures that the guitar playing experience is smooth and easy.
- This guitar is so designed that it can be easily played by both beginners and professionals alike.
- This is a spruce top surface, a Nato neck, and Natowwod back and side which makes the tonal quality excellent.
- This best acoustic guitar comes with an active 5-band equalizer that actively balances the tone you produce from the guitar.
- Lightweight design
- Fine body with classy design
- Slightly difficult for beginners
Ibanez PF15-BK Acoustic Guitar, Black
Best acoustic guitars under 15000, best acoustic guitar brands
4.0 out of 5, 13+ Reviews
This acoustic guitar from Ibanez ensures that you have a professional performance with an excellent sound quality and professional features at affordable rates. Here are its features
- This dreadnought body has a Spruce top design with mahogany back and sides
- To make your tune perfect, this best acoustic guitar in India is equipped with an in-built Chrome Die-cast tuner as well.
- The bridge pins have the Ibanez Advantage trademark which makes it superior quality and resistant to damage on long term use.
- The bridge and fret-board are made of rosewood which gives a premium look to the guitar and also makes playing very comfortable (best acoustic guitar in India).
- Very lightweight
- Premium design with professional features
- Tightening of strings may happen with prolonged rough use
Cort Acoustic guitar AD810
Best acoustic guitars under 10000, best acoustic guitars for beginners, Top 10 best acoustic guitars in India
4.2 out of 5, 79+ Reviews
Cort is another brand that is reputed for its exceptional range of acoustic guitars. This product from cort is one of the best acoustic guitars in India and is a joy to play. Let’s take a look at its features
- This acoustic guitar from Cort is extremely lightweight and therefore easy to carry around and the ideal choice for a beginner to learn.
- This is a steel string, Open top guitar with a Dovetail joint that allows transmissions of vibrations and reverberations with minimal damping to give you that excellent and crispy sound.
- The fretboard is designed from rosewood and mahogany giving it a premium feel and also makes it comfortable to hold and play chords or even fingerstyle guitar.
- Dovetail joint for extra crispy and clear sound
- Slight buzzing sound may be heard from strings
Buyer’s guide: Top 10 Best Acoustic Guitars in India
In this section of the article, we will discuss the different factors that you need to check before purchasing the guitar of your dreams.
Without further delay let’s delve in to the Buyer’s Guide for best acoustic guitars in India
Acoustic guitars are designed from various laminated woods or solid woods. The type of wood usually depends on the budget of the customer as well as on the brand. Affordable low-cost guitars are predominantly designed from laminated wood whereas expensive guitars are solid wood. In a laminated wood guitar, thin pieces of wood are stacked on top of one another until they reach the same thickness as solid wood. Solid wood guitars do produce a more resonant sound but are much less durable. Mentioned below are the most commonly used wood types for acoustic guitars
Spruce – it is one of the most commonly used woods. Spruce is lightweight, strong with a flat frequency response and the backwoods help define the sound in a spruce designed guitar
Mahogany – Mahogany is used as a backwood and in some cases as the top wood too. It provides a very warm sound which can make a small guitar sound massive or mellow out a bright sounding one.
Maple – This is the wood of choice for jumbo sized guitars to bring out the high-end sounds. Maple is more often used for the top but in some cases, it is used for the back too.
Rosewood – This is the most expensive type of wood for acoustic guitars. This has a scooped mid-range which makes both the high and lows easily pop out more.
Dreadnought – It is the classic shape of the acoustic guitar developed way back in 1920 by the guitar company Martin. This design is a bit square in shape without the curves in the other body types and is also quite bulky.
Grand Auditorium – This design has a large body for a great depth of tone along with a narrow waist for comfort in playing and holding. This design is gaining in popularity.
Grand Concert – These are smaller guitars that are loud but lack the depth of tone or warmth of the previous body types
Jumbo – This is the largest body type of guitar with a more resonant sound as compared to the previous body types
Cut-away- These are common in electro-acoustic guitars where the sound produced by the guitar can be amplified by connecting to an amplifier. This type of design compromises the sound quality.
One of the most important factors to consider is what type of music you intend to play or create with your guitar. Depending on the type of music you want to play, your guitar choice will differ. Bigger guitars like jumbo and dreadnought guitars have a fuller and more bassy tone. Smaller guitars have a brighter and more mid-range tone. So, choose a guitar as per your music genre choice.
Along with the type of music genre, it also matters if you are more interested in fingerpicking or strumming the guitar style of playing. If you just want a guitar as an accompaniment by strumming then any guitar will work just fine. If you are looking to be a master in fingerpicking style, choosing a guitar with softer strings that produce less buzz and are long-lasting is the best.
The last important factor to consider is how much you are willing to spend on a guitar. Once you have fixed your price range, you can then easily go online and check out the range of guitars available in your price range and read the reviews to see which one is worth your money. It is however advisable to spend once on a good quality acoustic guitar in the beginning. Owing to its cost, higher-end guitars have superior sound quality, playing finesse, and premium build and design. However, you should also take care if the expensive guitar suits your playing style.
FAQs: Top 10 Best Acoustic Guitars in India
There are a lot of acoustic guitars available in the market. Mentioned in this list are what we believe to be the top 10 best acoustic guitars in India. However, some of the best brands to consider are:
An acoustic guitar for beginners can cost from Rs.3000 to Rs.15000. For professionals, the high-end guitars can extend up to Rs. 30000.
An acoustic guitar with steel strings as compared to the traditional and classical nylon strings is preferred by most musicians as it is known to produce a more transparent and ringing sound
Spruce wood is the most commonly used material in an acoustic guitar followed by Cedar. In traditional acoustic guitars, Cedarwood is the most commonly used body material. The Cedarwood is comparatively less dense than the Spruce wood and is used with steel strings.
Well, it is recommended to keep your guitar away from direct sunlight or any other harsh weather condition as exposure for a longer duration might change the property of the wood used in your guitar. Under direct sunlight, your favorite guitar might lose its top finish and if left for a prolonged period, the surface of your best acoustic guitar might crack. In case of high moisture environment, it is recommended to keep silica gel into the guitar case to absorb the excess moisture. All these factors can affect the overall performance of your acoustic guitar.
If you are planning not to use your guitar for the next 6 months or more then the best way is to pack your guitar in the gig bag with few silica-gel pouches and hand it in the closet of your room.
Music is the medicine of the soul and the knowledge to play a musical instrument will definitely bring out the creative side in you. Acoustic Guitars are the most versatile instruments and learning to play one is an absolute joy. In this list, we have therefore reviewed the top 10 best acoustic guitars in India from the best acoustic guitar brands in the world and also provided you with a buyer’s guide which will help both a beginner and a professional musician in choosing the best acoustic guitar that complements your style and the music that you create. So, what are you waiting for? Read through and head straight to your marketplace to get the best guitar of your dreams.
In the meantime, if you have further queries or want to share your experience with your music, feel free to post it in the comment section below. It’s all yours!
Check our trending articles
Only use the below comment form to ask your queries & share your experience. We may take a day or two to reply to your comments and queries. Please don’t use the comment section for backlinks as it will not be approved. However, for the backlink, partnership and advertisement related queries kindly contact us at [email protected]
Thanks for your coordination & support!