Summers in India are unbearable with temperatures soaring beyond bearable limits leaving people yearning for rain. However, rain does not always provide respite. Therefore, to beat the heat, fresh fruit juice is the way to go. A glass of these fresh juice in the morning can also do wonders for you. Unfortunately, due to the extreme heat during summers or the early morning chaos, it is really difficult to go out for a glass of fresh juice. So, it would be best for people residing in such environment to invest in a personal cold press juicer machine. Therefore, to aid you in this quest for top 10 best cold press juicers in India, this article reviews the Top 10 Best Cold Press juicers in India -Review & Buyers Guide
Before you set out to buy the best cold press juicers that fulfill your needs, there are a few factors that need to be kept in mind. Hence, the following buyer’s guide will seek to resolve the issues governing the selection of the best cold press juicer machine for your home
Top 10 Best Cold Press Juicers in India- Buyer’s Guide
Types of Juicers
Essentially, there are two types of juicers in the market;
- The centrifugal juicers
- The cold press juicers
As is its name, these are high speed juicers that use grinding for pulp separation and therefore operate at very high RPM of 15000. Unfortunately, these juicers produce a lot of foam which results in a loss of nutrients and hence reduced shelf life of the juices made.
- High RPM means faster extraction of juice
- Ease of use
- Easily available all over in the market
- Cannot extract juices from leafy vegetables and wheat grass
- Loss of nutrients due to fluid oxidation
- Extremely noisy
Cold Press Juicers
These juicers are also called Masticating juicers and operate at slower speeds of 40-80rpm. Due to slow extraction process, the quality of the juice is very high. Due to low oxidation, juices retain their taste, nutrient content and freshness. Since the juice is obtained by squeezing the food through the shaft, more amount of juice is obtained.
Different types of Cold Press Juicers
Vertical Masticating Juicer
These are compact design juicers ideal for kitchens of all sizes. The cap attachment allows proper mixing of juices inside the chamber. Major plus point for this type of juicer is the self-cleaning facility that makes it easy to maintain.
Horizontal Masticating Juicer (Slow Juicer)
This type of cold press juicers have an added juicing function aimed at extracting juice from leafy vegetables.
Cold Pressed Juicer advantages
Since the juice obtained is just by pressing the food item with slow mixing, cold press juicers are extremely advantageous for the following features
- No oxidation: Due to minimum contact to air, no oxidation hence no foam.
- Long lasting: Shelf life of the juices increase which lasts up to 12hrs on refrigeration.
- Nutrition quantity: process of extraction ensures retention of maximum nutrients, vitamins and minerals.
- Preservation of nutritional value: Owing to low temperature operation, the fruit and vegetable juices retain their nutritional values.
- No heat generation: No pasteurization occurs which helps retain taste and flavor.
- Easy absorption: juices produced from the cold press juicers are easily absorb-able by the body.
Now that we have summarized the types of cold press juicers, this part of the article deals with the different factors that should be considered while purchasing the best cold press juicer machine for your home.
Points To Consider while Purchasing the Top 10 Best Cold Press Juicer in India
- Design: There are different sizes and designs to choose from but the design that best suits the kitchen is the one for taking. Compact juicers are easier to store and manage owing to fewer amounts of parts.
- Pulp yield: Cold press juicers yield more pulp which helps retain the flavor and taste of the fruits.
- Pulp ejection: Make sure you check how the pulp is ejected from your juicer of choice. There are separate containers for pulp and juice extraction. Some juicers provide you with the facility of automatic pulp removal without needing to stop operation.
- Power used: The power of the motor of the juicer depends on how it is being used. If juicer is used only for extracting juice from fruits then a high power motor is not needed. With a high powered motor, you can extract juice from hard and leafy green vegetables. To fulfill your needs of juice from both fruits and vegetables, the ideal motor should be in the range of 400W.
- Speed and Noise: Cold Press Juicers work with motors working in the range of 40-80epm which does not generate a lot of heat. This helps ensure the retention of taste, flavor and nutritional attributes of the fruits and vegetables. Owing to its slower operation, these cold press juicers do not produce any noise.
- Heat generated: Heat produced is directly related to the speed of the motor. Therefore, with faster speed, heat generated is also higher. Therefore, the cold press juicers do not produce any heat at all. This helps maintain all the necessary nutrients in the fruits or vegetables.
- Feeder tube size: It is always convenient to cut up the fruits and vegetables before inserting them in the juicer. However, this process is time consuming and therefore certain cold press juicers come with large feeder tubes for direct loading of large vegetables. Some cold press juicers even come with tubes wide enough for uncut fruits and vegetables.
- Time of cleaning: Usually, cleaning juicers is a time consuming process wherein even the smallest bit of fiber needs to be removed before the next use. However, in modern day juicers, auto cleaning features enables cleaning of the juicers between two operations just by rinsing under cold water. In addition, parts of the juicer can be cleaned separately.
- Ease of use: Always choose juicers that are easier to handle. Juicers should be easy to assemble and disassemble and easy to clean too.
- Ratings and reviews: Always make it a point to read the customer reviews and ratings for the product, focusing more on the negative reviews. These are easily available at e-Commerce websites like Amazon & Flipkart.
- Customer service and spare parts availability: Before you choose the right juicer for your home, the customer service is one of the most important factors to be considered and the response varies from company to company. Furthermore, it should also be taken into consideration, the ease of availability of spare parts in India and the cost effectiveness of them all.
- Price: Always check the price before purchasing the juicer. Keep in mind the fact that a high priced item might not necessarily be the best cold press juicer in the market. Always go for value for money wherein you can get all the best features in your best cold press juicers in a price range that is affordable by you.
Top 10 Best Cold Press Juicers in India –Reviews
From the above points, it becomes quite clear the different points you need to consider before you decide to buy the best cold press juicer for your home. As such, we will now review the top 10 cold press juicers currently available in the Indian market.
Hestia is one of the best companies which provide some of the best cold press juicers in India, this model being no exception. Here’s a look at some of its features.
- Juices produced are dense and with no air bubbles. So no oxidation means freshness is maintained for a long time.
- This juicer ensures anti-oxidation of the body by preserving all the nourishment and vitamins.
- The juicer container is 100% BPA free. The auger is made of Ultem Plastic. Triton plastic is used to make juicer bowl and the filters are made of stainless steel 304 grade and Ultem plastic.
- Easier to clean
- Large feeding tube to hold an orange and apple.
- Large patented knobs on the auger and the high speed of 60rpm ensures the maximum juice from the fruits.
- Large sized juicer
- Big feeder tubes
- Materials used are of the highest quality
- All parts are 100% BPA free
- Easy to clean.
- Plastic parts make it unable to handle difficult food like amla, etc.
- Some fibers still remains after cold press
- it’s a bit cumbersome to handle.
This is one of the best cold press juicers in the market that ensures to maintain all the nutrients in the food. Here’s a look at some of its features.
- It’s a masticating juicer for complete squeezing of the juice from food.
- Large mouth of 76mm allows juice making from various food items like vegetables, fruits, green vegetables.
- No preservatives are needed to be added to ensure long storage of the freshly squeezed juice.
- The attractive B1700 design is also space conserving.
- The auger is made of ULTEM which is aircraft and medical equipment grade which makes it sturdy.
- The patented cleaning technology ensures easier and faster cleaning with the twist of a brush in the filter.
- The additional cap feature prevents the leakage to juices and further enables you to mix two or more juices.
- The safety lock ensures proper working of the machine only when the body and drum are properly locked.
- In-built low noise feature ensures low noise pollution and reduces vibration.
- Wide mouthed feeder means full fruits can be fed for juicing
- 100% BPA free
- Easy cleaning;
- requires frequent cleaning
- Heavy machine and bit expensive.
This limited edition pearl white cold press juicer from Kuvings is one of the best cold press juicers in India. Here’s a look at some of the features of this special slow juicer.
- This juicer uses the slow juicing method that can extract last drop of juice from all fruits and green vegetables.
- The B1700 body is made from superior materials which ensures freshness and also increases shelf life of the juices.
- Requires less space for storage.
- Large feeder mouth of 76mm ensures inserts food items without cutting.
- Safety lock feature ensures safer operation.
- The most ideal way to use this juicer is to allow a waiting or cooling time of 20 times after an operating time of 30 minutes.
- Smart tap feature prevents any kinds of leakage or spillage.
- Aesthetic design in a limited edition
- Materials are of high quality
- Food grade plastic
- It’s a bit heavy and expensive.
Top 10 Best Cold Press Juicers in India
Usha is one of the oldest and trusted Indian brands in the home appliance market in India. This cold press juicer machine is one the best slow juicers from Usha in India. Let’s look at some of its features
- It utilizes the cold press technology that helps maintain the natural taste and all the nutrients and mineral content of the food.
- A wide ensures the intake of uncut fruits and veggies
- Low temperature slow juicing ensures no oxidation thereby keeping the juice fresher for a longer time.
- Easily cleaned owing to detachable parts.
- High grade BPA plastic auger ensures hygiene along with a smart cap that prevents leakage and spills.
- The three strainers-fine, coarse and dessert filters and with two jars-one for the pulp and the other for the juice serves all your juicing needs.
- Cold Press technology ensures maximum juice extraction
- Easier to clean due to detachable parts
- Less noise
- Pulps need to be taken out and pushed again for 100% juice extraction
- Due to more attachments more cleaning.
Panasonic is another brand that lives up to expectations in terms of quality home appliances. This slow juicer press from Panasonic is one of the best cold press juicers in the market currently. These are some of its features
- Owing to it being a slow juicer, extracted juice from veggies and fruits retains all the maximum nutrition and minerals.
- Low temperature operation ensures healthy and natural juicing.
- The slow compression function means less form formation and prevents juice discoloration which enhances the juice.
- Ease of clean where you can wash the juicer between by running water through the juicers anti-drip cap.
- High quality parts and heavy duty motor
- jam preparation possible due to reverse operation feature
- Suitable for almost all types of veggies and fruits.
- Due to the gap between the auger and the juicing vessel bone dry pulp cannot be obtained.
One of the best slow juicers in the market, the Huxom HN series does everything right to bring the best quality of juice at your disposal. Let’s look at some of its features
- Due to its slow juicer press function, there is no friction ensuring the juicer works efficiently and gently. This helps preserve all the nutrients and maximizes the taste of the juice.
- The 43 RPM speed is the slowest in the list of cold press juicers in the country and the ULTEM make of auger ensures the proper crushing of fruits and veggies and pushes the crushed pulp perfectly through the mesh for discarding.
- The safe feeding tube ensures safe intake of cut up food.
- The biggest advantage of this cold press juicer machine is that it is known to produce the maximum amount of juice but only uses 80% of the power.
- The juicer is compact and takes less space. The anti-drip cap further prevents unnecessary leakage and drippings.
- Easy to clean and maintain as parts are all detachable.
- The juicer doesn’t function until all the parts are assembled correctly and is hence extremely safe for use.
- The two filters are made of stainless steel and ULTEM. Fruits with little pulp are best with the fine strainer and the thicker and juicier pulp fruits are best with the coarse strainer.
- Heavy duty motor for easy tackling of toughest fruits
- easy cleaning
- Noiseless operation.
- lumps are not perfectly removed at times
Top 10 Best Cold Press Juicers in India
This slow speed cold press juicer machine is one the best cold press juicers in India. Here’s a look at some of its features.
- This slow press juicer is ideal for making the best quality juices from all types of fruits and vegetables. The patented slow squeeze technology produces juice in a way that mimics squeezing by hand.
- The juicer is sturdy and the plastic parts are made of ABS which makes it even more durable.
- The operating speed of 47 RPM means maximum juice can be extracted from fruits and vegetables at ease. With the added feature of a built-in strainer, the pulp can be easily separated from the juice. This means you don’t need to remove the fiber manually.
- The safety lock function ensures that the appliance does not start unless properly attached.
- Electronic touch on the juicer makes it easier to operate.
- Slow speed and robust motor ensures maximum juice extraction from fruits and vegetables
- Very silent operation
- Extracts all the juice possible leaving the pulp bone dry
- Thick syrup with very less wastage.
- Little difficult to extract juice from orange and sugarcane.
Kent is also one of the most trusted brands when it comes to home appliances. This cold press juicer machine is also one the best juicers currently available in the market. Here’s a look at some of its features
- The most striking feature is its slow speed which, coupled with its low heat generation, preserves the original taste along with all the nutrients and also ensures longer storage.
- The reverse action feature prevents any kind of blockages.
- The cup design means you can store the juice and the separate attachment helps in collection of waste pulp.
- Easy to clean as it’s easy to detach and reassemble.
- Noiseless operation
- The reverse spinning motor ensures easy removal of pulps.
- Not suitable for citrus fruits
- Takes a lot of time clean
- Rubber stopper and washer requires frequent replacement.
Top 10 Best Cold Press Juicers in India
One more offering from Usha, this is one of the best cold press slow juicer press in the market currently. Here are a few of its features.
- Low temperature operation ensures more high quality juice replete with all the nutrients from veggies and fruits.
- Juicer is suited for hard fruits and veggies, nuts, grains and frozen desserts.
- Juicer is easy to clean and handle.
- Separate containers are available for storing pulp and juice separately.
- Best for mixed fruit juices
- Low noise operation
- Easy to clean.
- Seeds can jam the container
- Not suitable from pomegranates.
This slow speed juicer press from Premsons is one of the best in the business when it comes to extracting maximum juice from different fruits and veggies.
- It allows easy extraction of juices from different veggies as well as leafy green vegetables and certain fruits.
- It ensures best quality juice preparation all the while preserving all the necessary nutrients and taste.
- No heat generated ensures less oxidation which enables increasing storage capacity.
- The reverse function of the augers helps unclog the fibers and stuck pulp.
- Easy to disassemble and re-assemble making it easier to clean.
- 80RPM motor speed ensures complete extraction of juice from hardest of fruits of vegetables
- no foaming of juice due to no heat
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Stock power plug is European and therefore needs a converter
- Lid gets blocked at times.
FAQs: Top 10 Best Cold Press Juicers in India
In India, the cost of the best cold-press juicers ranges between Rs.8000 to 20000. You can purchase the available model based on your budget and requirements.
It is advisable to take juice as soon as possible as keeping it long unconsumed might degrade its nutritious value due to oxidation. Even if you want to keep the juice in the refrigerator then you juice can hold up to 3 days depending on the acidity of the juice. The lower acidic your juice is higher will be the shelf-life.
Generally, the speed of the cold-press juicer ranges between 40 to 150 RPM while the speed of the centrifugal juicers are above 1000RPM. The difference in speed is the most basic way to find out if your juicer is a cold-press or centrifugal.
Yes, cold-press juicers are also known as masticating juicers and slow juicers. You can find the cold-press juicers listed by any of these names.
From the above discussion, we have seen the different types of cold press slow juicers available in the market and the different criteria that need to be considered while buying the best juicer that best suits your needs. So, now all you need to do is select your best cold press slow juicers within your budget and stay fit and calm.
Some of the other trending posts from our authors:
Only use the below comment form to ask your queries & share your experience. We may take a day or two to reply to your comments and queries. Please don’t use the comment section for backlinks as it will not be approved. However, for the backlink, partnership and advertisement related queries kindly contact us at [email protected]
Thanks for your coordination & support!