Last updated on August 3rd, 2020 at 01:07 pm
We have all grown up with the traditional irons in every house to remove wrinkles from clothes. With the advancement of technology, more efficient, safer, and faster means of steaming clothes have come up. The answer – Garment Steamers. Garment Steamers are a quick and efficient way to remove wrinkles from furniture covers, linens, clothing, and drapes. It also has the additional advantage of sanitizing your clothes and removing all unpleasant odors at the same time. However, with a relatively newer introduction to the market, it’s quite difficult for the customer to choose the garment steamer best suited for their needs. Therefore, we have prepared this article where we will discuss the Top 10 best Garment Steamers in India along with a comprehensive buyer’s guide.
Before we go into reviewing the Top 10 best Garment Steamers in India, we will first consider the factors that need to be considered before choosing to buy a Garment Steamer. So, here is the Buyer’s Guide for Garment Steamers in India
Top 10 Garment Steamers in India – Buyer’s Guide
Garment Steamers are better than iron in many ways. Garment steamers are quick, efficient, and portable as compared to a conventional iron. Steamers come attached with a water tank that heats up the water pretty quickly to give a continuous steam supply without the need to refill or reheat. Along with this, steamers are gentle on even the most delicate of fabrics. Steamers are compatible with all types of fibers and weave and are flawless in working over the toughest of fabrics and even in a vertical angle over all kinds of fabrics.
There are several important factors to consider before you think of buying Garment Steamers. In this upcoming section, we shall discuss all of them in detail
Type of Garment steamers
Garment steamers are of essentially two types – handheld and standing models. If you are looking to use the steamer for home purposes, you can choose either of the models as per your preference. However, if you want a travel-friendly model, a handheld model is the best type of garment steamer for you.
A handheld garment steamer is portable and convenient to carry as it’s quite compact. These types of steamers have a refill time of 15 min which is enough for you to steam the required amount of clothes while on the go. These types of steamers are less costly than the standing ones. The design of handheld steamers is such that the water tank and steaming nozzle are close to each other. Different nozzles can be used for different fabrics. The only drawback for handheld steamers is that they are not much suited for thicker garments.
The upright clothes steamer or the floor steamers are the standing model type of garment steamer. These types of steamers are perfectly suited to be used in one location and cater to garments of various types and fabrics. The upright type of garment steamers come attached with wheels and is designed with a hose to which the steaming head is attached and helps you to move along while you steam. These types of models come with a cloth hangar at the top which makes it extremely convenient to keep your steamed clothes. The only drawback of this type of garment steamer is that it’s quite heavy and therefore not portable and is more expensive than handheld garment steamers.
Depending on the type and size of the steamer, the capacity of the water tank varies. In general, standing garment steamers come with a water tank capacity of 1 to 2.5 liters. With this type of water tank capacity, you can get 45 minutes to one hour of continuous steaming. For the handheld type of garment steamers, the water tank comes with a capacity of 100 to 250 ml giving a steaming time of around 10 minutes.
Heat Up Time
It’s always advisable to choose a garment steamer with a short heat up time. An efficient garment steamer will need to heat the water up quickly enough at high temperatures to make the steam start quickly. In general, the full-size standing models require 6 minutes to heat up while handheld models will take 1 or 2 minutes to heat up.
Ease of use
The ease and comfort of use of the Garment Steamers depend on the size and shape of the steamer. If you are relatively new to garment steamers then the bulky model will appear to be quite uncomfortable for you while steam ironing your clothes. Thinly shaped steamers are much easier to use and comfortable during steam ironing your clothes. It is always advisable to read the customer reviews before choosing the model which is easy to use for everybody.
Attachments and attachments
The standard attachments of Garment Steamers are the fabric brush, lint remover, crease clip with few steamers having built-in hangars while others have only hangars included. As per your requirement, you can choose the correct product for ease of use. To make the steamers more convenient, accessories are also available. To increase the versatility and efficiency of your steamer, several accessories are included in the steamer. While some models may only include the steam head, other models include accessories that help you to make wrinkles on wool pants or perfect smooth down collars. Therefore, before you choose the steamer always make sure your steamer has the necessary accessories included (garment steamer near me).
Size and weight of the steamer
There are steamers in the market varying in size and weight. If you are looking for a steamer for travelling or small and flexible or compact to fit into any space then a light weight steamer is the perfect choice for you. However, if you are looking to handle bulky workloads, heavy steamers are for you (garment steamer near me).
- Continuous steam – one of the factors you need to consider before buying is whether the steamer has continuous steam capacity. This means that there is continuous steam flow with one press till you switch off.
- Steam settings – High-end models come with a setting to adjust the flow of steam as per your need. As per your need, you can adjust the steam flow for both delicate and heavy fabrics.
- Steaming temperature – Consideration of the steaming temperature is an important factor when buying the garment steamer. A very high-temperature steam will be able to clear the wrinkles away faster but may damage the delicate fabric. Ideally, a temperature of 248 degrees Fahrenheit is capable of handling delicate to heavy fabrics. However, there are different models in the market with different maximum temperature for your choice.
The performance of the steamer should revolve around the flexibility of usage as per your preferences. The perfect steamer should be able to contain the requisite amount of water and be efficient enough to convert the water into steam within a few minutes of getting switched on with a sustained steam flow for at-least 15 minutes with the water lasting long for almost 2.5 hours.
The fabric you intend to steam should be determining the type of steamer you intend to buy. Therefore, it is always advisable to purchase a steamer that is versatile.
After sales service and pricing
Always choose to go for a model from a company that has a good after-sales service record and accessible replacement parts. Some companies may provide a warranty but may not sell the replacement parts. However, you can get the replacement parts from the local shops which sell garment steamers near you (garment steamer near me). In terms of the pricing, prices of the steamers depend on the size and use of the machine. Depending upon the brand, features, and performance, the prices of various steamers will differ. It is always better to choose the one that caters to all your needs and is within your budget constraints (garment steamer near me).
Now that we have discussed the buying guide, it will be easier for you to understand the factors you need to consider and look for in a garment steamer store near you before you choose the garment steamer that fits your needs.
Let’s move forward with the article and discuss the top10 garment steamers in India
Top 10 garment steamers in India – Reviews
As we have already discussed our in-depth buyer’s guide, in this section we will talk about our top picks of best garment steamers in India in different price range and quality. We suggest you to give a quick look to our buyer’s guide before selecting your best garment steamers. In the meantime, let us start our top 10 list quickly.
3.9 out of 5, 460+reviews
When it comes to Garment Steamers, WisTec is one of the best brands out there. With its 1000 watts steamer, it is quite powerful and highly efficient. Amongst all the steamers for clothes, this steamer for clothing is exceptional in its execution and is the best choice if you are in the market for a handheld portable steamer (garment steamer near me). Let’s take a look at its features
- This handheld steamer for clothing is also capable of perfectly steaming and straightening the stubborn creases on drapes, soft toys, cushions and tough garments (garment steamer uses).
- It has a capacity of producing a constant steam jet of 21GM/MN for duration of 15-20 minutes and it is also capable of vertical steam function making it easier for you to handle and remove creases quickly and efficiently.
- It has a steelhead plate white is gentle on your clothes and saves you a lot of time. An added brush head attachment further makes it easier for you to remove lint and dust before steaming.
- It has a water tank of 260 ml which is perfect for using on 5-7 garments with just one refill. It has a high-temperature control thermostat which enables you to control the temperature perfectly and easily along with a thermal fuse switch which turns on and off as and when required (steamers for clothes).
- The design is ergonomic which makes it easy to use. It has a jet lock function which helps relieve your finger when you are using it for a long time. The handle grip makes it secure for you to handle.
- This handheld portable steamer is ideal for diverse fabrics like silk, wool, linen, cotton, blended and sensitive fabrics (garment steamer uses).
- This handheld portable garment steamer for clothing has a powerful 1000-Watt core that can produce wrinkle-removing steam in only 40 seconds (steamers for clothing).
- Value for money
- Hand-held and travel-friendly
- Jet steam function makes it highly efficient
- Easy to work on all fabrics
- Ergonomic user-friendly design
- Remarkable to use on horizontal and vertical angles
- The cable is bit short
3.7 out of 5, 1244+reviews
In the list of garment steamers in India, Inalsa is one name that is well known in India for making some of the most user-friendly home appliances as a part of its Spanish subsidiary company- the Taurus Group. This Inalsa garment steamer is one of the best garment steamers in India and comes loaded with features (garment steamer near me).
- This Inalsa garment steamer has a flawless performance and caters excellently to the most delicate of fabric (steamer for clothing).
- This Inalsa garment steamer has a 600-Watt power core which perfectly removes from creases even from the toughest garments making it one of the best garment steamers in India (steamers for clothing).
- The Inalsa garment steamer comes with a 120 ml water tank that is capable of producing continuous steam for almost 15 minutes in a single refill. It has a 15g/min steam flow rate which kills germs and removes wrinkles withing a few minutes (cleaning with steamer).
- If you are also looking for cleaning with steamer then this Inalsa garment steamer comes fitted with an auxiliary fabric brush that perfectly fits onto the steamer head making it easier for you to remove tags and lint from the garment before steaming.
- This Inalsa garment steamer (steamer for clothing) has an automatic temperature control shut off option which protects the handheld garment steamer from getting overheated or resort to dry boiling.
- The detachable brush head and the big nozzle makes it one of best garment steamers in India for ease of cleaning and faster removal of wrinkles much easily (cleaning with steamer).
- Handheld making it portable and lightweight
- Water level indicator in water tank
- Safety handle
- Best vertical function
- Kills germs and provides wrinkle free fabrics (cleaning with steamer)
- The water tank is small
- Sometimes spits water with steam
3.8 out of 5, 624+reviews
Home appliances from Usha do not need any special introduction to Indian homes. Usha home appliances are most reliable in terms of efficiency, after-sales service, quality, and affordability. This garment steamer from Usha is one of the best garment steamers in India and comes with a lot of user-friendly features. Apart to this Usha has been in the Indian market since long as a result it got a place in our top 10 garment steamers in India list. Let’s take a look at its features
- This garment steamer by Usha (garment steamer near me) has a 1000-watt core which produces enough power making it an ideal choice for business suits, delicate sarees, and other fabrics (garment steamer uses).
- One of the most attractive features of this garment steamer by Usha is its 360-degree swivel cord which ensures that every nook and cranny of your delicate garments is wrinkle-free (steamer for clothing).
- It has an adequate water tank capacity of 200ml which is apt for such a compact steamer making it portable and easy to use (best garment steamer in India). This garment steamer by Usha can produce 21 g/min steam jet which is powerful enough to kill the surface germs leaving the garment wrinkle-free (cleaning with a steamer).
- This garment steamer by Usha also comes with an auto shut off feature to keep the temperature of the appliance in check (steamers for clothes).
- This garment steamer by Usha has a 200ml water tank with a water level indicator.
- The brush head in garment steamer by Usha is removable making it compact and travel-friendly (steamers for clothes).
- Compact and lightweight hence portable
- Ergonomic and good build quality
- Kills germs and removes dust (cleaning with steamer)
- Heating up in a few seconds.
- Sprays water droplets with steam in tank is overfilled.
3.5 out of 5, 170+reviews
Sokany garment steamer is one of the best garment steamers in India (garment steamer near me). This garment steamer for clothing has a power core of 1200 Watt making it one of the most powerful garment steamers in this list (steamers for clothes). Let’s take a look of its features
- The most distinguishing and eye-catching feature of this steamer for clothing from Sokany is its speed. The power core of 1200 helps produce steam within 15 seconds of switching it on which is really fast (steamers for clothes).
- This garment steamer for clothing comes equipped with a reliable 260 ml water tank which makes sure that you get continuous steam for 15 minutes which deals easily with any kind of creases and wrinkles on various fabrics (steamers for clothes).
- The steam head has wide coverage with strategically placed large nozzles across the stainless-steel head making it one of the best garment steamers in India.
- This garment steamer for clothing has a non-binding rotating power cord which makes it easy for you to maneuver the appliance (garment steamer uses).
- This garment steamer for clothing also comes with multiple detachable accessories like fabric brush which can easily clear out the dust, a wood brush, or lint brush along with a crease head to aid you in maintaining the perfect pleats and folds (cleaning with steamer).
- This can be used both horizontally and vertically on any surface with ease
- Lightweight and portable
- The build quality is good and design is ergonomic.
- Fast steam production within 15 seconds of switching on.
- Rotating cord is non-binding with 360 swivel action.
- In some reviews the steamer is reported to be not so good with genuine cotton.
3.6 out of 5, 50+reviews
Russel Hobbs is another name which is synonymous with quality home appliances. This garment steamer from Russel Hobbs is one of the best garment steamers in India and comes loaded with many useful features (garment steamer uses). Here are the features which makes it take the fifth position on this list.
- This is a wonderful appliance for people who do not have a lot of time to dedicate to things like ironing out your clothes (steamers for clothes).
- This garment steamer for clothing comes with quite a large water tank capacity of 250 ml which reduces the time for you to refill from time to time (best garment steamers in India).
- It comes with a detachable brush head which further helps you to easily clean all the lint (cleaning with steamers).
- It also comes with a non-binding 360-degree swivel cord which makes it very easy for you to use.
- It comes with an automatic shut-off feature to help make the appliance much more secure to use.
- With a 1500-watt power core, this garment steamer for clothing (steamers for clothes) produces instant high-temperature heating.
- Portable design
- It is made of good quality plastic
- Very fast production of steam.
- It’s quite heavy around 1.75 kgs so can’t hold it for long
- A bit on the expensive side
4.0 out of 5, 20+reviews
This garment steamer from Black & Decker is specially designed to meet all the needs for steaming purposes (steamers for clothes). This handheld garment steamer can be used either as a handheld garment steamer to remove wrinkles easily, remove dust, sterilize fabric (cleaning with steamers) or as a facial steamer for physiotherapy or humidifier. Let’s look at its features
- It has a large tank capacity of 260 ml which makes it easier for you to steam different garments with a single refill (garment steamers in India).
- This garment steamer in India provides users with an adjustable steam flow controls that helps you to set the steamer in the mode you desire.
- The garment mode on the garment steamer enables the steamer produce high-temperature steam which easily tackles the stubborn creases around the folds, cuffs and collars (garment steamer uses). On the facial mode, the garment steamer produces soft enough steam which opens the pores and humidifies the skin (best garment steamers in India).
- The water tank comes with a visible level indicator and a double safety feature which makes it possible to maintain the right temperature at all times (steamers for clothing).
- This steamer however works best vertically than horizontally and is efficient, powerful and affordable (garment steamer uses).
- Compact and portable
- Double mode function
- Good quality plastic and ergonomic design
- Works best vertically
- 2-years warranty
- Difficult to hold in hand for long time
- Steam head is smaller. Reduces coverage
3.9 out of 5, 33+reviews
This garment steamer in India from Orpio is a highly recommended product from most of the Indian customers (garment steamer near me). This is a simple but powerful garment steamer for clothing which provides an easy solution to all your fabric wrinkling problems. Here are its many features
- This garment steamer for clothing has a steam head that is capable of reaching all the nooks and corners of the fabric like between the pleats, cuffs and large fabrics which are generally tough to iron out (garment steamer uses).
- This garment steamer for clothing has a large water tank capacity of 250ml which is capable of producing a jet of steam continuously for a longer period of time with a single refill (garment steamer in India).
- The detachable brush can be used to clean lint, pet hairs and dust off of your clothes easily before steaming (cleaning with steamer).
- This garment steamer for clothing has an ergonomic design and also an auto shut-off feature for added safety.
- This garment steamer for clothing (steamers for clothes) is capable of producing high-temperature steam and pressure within 2 minutes of switching on.
- Lightweight and portable
- Ideal for both horizontal and vertical use
- Build quality could have been better.
3.7 out of 5, 360+reviews
Philips is a well-known brand for home appliances. Despite being in the eighth spot in this list this garment steamer for clothing is one of the best garment steamers in India and has a lot of features.
- The Philips garment steamer GC523 is well known for its efficiency, quality, and execution which live up to its reputation (Philips garment steamers).
- The Philips garment steamer GC523is a professional garment steamer for clothing that has the ability to produce 32g/min of steam (Philips garment steamers).
- This Philips garment steamer GC523 has a 1600-Watt power core that is capable of producing continuous jet steam which is capable of killing 99.9% of germs on all fabrics (cleaning with steamers).
- This Philips garment steamer GC523 comes with an adjustable stand, safety gloves, and mat for added protection.
- The Philips garment steamer GC523 (Philips garment steamers) has an extra setting option which lets you set the mode as per the type of fabric you intend to use (steamers for clothes). This feature ensures that the temperature remains perfect for the type of fabric being used causing no damage to the fabric (garment steamer uses).
- It (Philips garment steamer GC523) has a large tank capacity of 1.6L which is easily detachable (steamer for clothing).
- There are double adjustable poles that work as good cloth hangers.
- Large water tank with 32g/min continuous jet steam
- Large water tank
- Professional use
- Not travel-friendly
3.9 out of 5, 150+reviews
This is the second professional garment steamer on the list and is perfect for easing out wrinkles on the fabric with ease making them look fresh (garment steamer uses). Here are its features
- This garment steamer for clothing is ideal for boutiques, garment stores, and other professional textile jobs (garment steamer uses).
- The water tank with a capacity of 1.6L is inbuilt and the whole stand is moveable with wheels at the bottom (garment steamer in India).
- This garment steamer for clothing has changeable modes for temperature and pressure (steamers for clothes).
- This has a powerful 1800 W power core and an easy rotating cord which makes it easier for you to operate and also produce a continuous jet stream for longer periods of time (garment steamer uses).
- Professional use
- Large water tank
- Adjustable pole and stand
- Powerful performance
- Not portable
- Water leaks at certain temperatures.
3.9 out of 5, 460+reviews
Finally completing the list is this ultra-premium, professional garment steamer for clothing from Rossman. Here are its features
- This professional garment steamer for clothing comes fitted with a 2.5 L ultra large tank which increases productivity.
- The garment steamer is capable for producing 35g/min of steam within a few seconds of turning it on.
- The eye-catching feature of this garment steamer is that it does not need a mode setting and works flawlessly over any fabric surface (steamers for clothes).
- The heat insulated cord is outfitted with an auto rewinder options well.
- The garment steam brush has an auxiliary heating feature and this is the only garment steamer for clothing to have so.
- The steamer has a self- cleaning feature with a pedal switch for easy shut-off and on of the appliance.
- The company gives a no-water squirting guarantee for this garment steamer.
- Ultra large water tank with no water leakage
- Professional garment steamer with powerful performance
- Not portable
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Top 10 Garment Steamers in India
In the eternal question of garment steamer vs iron as to which is better several factors come into consideration. Garment steamers are quick, efficient and portable when compared to an iron (garment steamer vs. iron). Steamers only take a few seconds to heat up and produce a continuous flow of steam which can last for up to 20minutes before you need to refill or reheat.
Also, garment steamers are gentler on even the most delicate of fabrics (garment steamer vs. iron). Steamers are more compatible with all types of fibres and weaves as compared to iron. Steamers can work both horizontally and vertically as well as compared to irons (garment steamer vs. iron).
There are several garment steamers that are available in the market currently. To give you an idea about which are the best garment steamers in India we have prepared a list which you can see in the section Top 10 garment steamers in India of this article. This section will give all the information regarding the best brands like Usha, Philips or Russel Hobbs and the best garment steamer models in India.
Garment steamers are built to be versatile. Generally, all types of garment steamers are designed to be used on every type of fabric with the exception of suede and anything that includes plastic. Garment steamers can be used on a variety of fabrics and clothes like linen, cotton, blended fabrics, drapes along with delicate clothing like silk, wool, lace, satin, polyester, rayon, etc.
Unclogging or cleaning a garment steamer by following the simple steps below
1. Fill the reservoir with one part of white vinegar and two parts of distilled water. Run the steamer until half the solution is gone
2. Let the steamer cool down completely and then empty the steamer
3. Repeat the process until the clog is gone or the mineral deposits are lifted.
4. Make sure to rinse any lingering vinegar in the tank before you start the steaming process again.
Garment steamers are extremely efficient as compared to conventional irons. While conventional irons have been used for a long time, they are not capable of catering to fabrics of all kinds. Furthermore, there is a chance than irons can result in destruction of delicate fabric.
Garment steamers are effective than conventional irons as they are capable of heating up the steam within seconds and can produce a continuous steam flow jet for 15 to 20 minutes. The steam generated is suited to clothes and fabric of different types and is extremely effective for delicate fabrics as well. Another feature that makes garment steamers effective is that they are compact and lightweight and therefore are portable and easier to use than irons.
A garment steamer works in the following steps
Preparation – water tank should be filled with cold water and heated up which usually takes a time of 3 minutes. When you see steam coming out of the nozzles, you know that the steamer is ready.
Preparing the garment – many steamer models come with a pole from which to hang your garments. If no poles are there, you need to place your clothes on a hangar at a convenient hook for you to steam them.
Steaming – for standing models, you need to pass the steaming head over your head onto your cloth and allow the steam to remove the wrinkles easily from your clothes. For handheld portable steamers, you need to use the handheld pad to remove wrinkles from your clothes.
Drying – generally, there will be water spots on your clothes once you finish steaming. Let your steamed clothes dry out in the open for 5 to 10 minutes to dry completely before putting clothes back in the closet.
A steamer cannot burn clothes as only steam is used which gently removes wrinkles from even the most delicate of fabrics. Furthermore, steamers have auto shut off features which provides extra protection by automatically shutting off the appliance if the temperature of the appliance goes over the limit thereby protecting your clothes from getting damaged by the heated steam.
With all the models of steam cleaners in the market, companies claim that the high temperature steam is capable of killing 99% of germs on the clothes which includes bacteria as well.
Several factors need to be considered before purchasing a garment steamer. A detailed description of the different factors can be found in the section Buyer’s Guide of this article.
In this article” Top 10 Garment Steamers in India” we have done the in-depth analysis to choose the perfect garment steamer. If you are planning to buy one for you, then you must go all along the sections of this article apart to our top 10 picks.
In case you want to share your experience or have queries, feel free to post your comment below. Our team will help you choose your best garment steamers.
Stay Safe, Keep Shopping!
Do check other trending articles from our researchers & writers