In olden times, working in the kitchens in the Indian household was synonymous with hard physical labour involving grinding of spices and dough for your lip-smacking dishes like idlis and vadas. Thankfully, with the advancement of technology, work in the kitchen has been converted from a hassle to an enjoyable experience. The wet grinder is one such technology that facilitates this process of mixing or grinding ingredients with efficiency and consistency. So switch on, add the ingredients and go about your daily routine. Since there are quite a few good wet grinders available now, we have prepared this article to shed light on top 10 best wet grinders in India along with a comprehensive buyer’s guide.
Top 10 best wet grinders in India –Reviews
Let us start our top picks towards choosing your best wet grinders for your kitchen in India.
Elgi Ultra Dura+ 1.25-Litre Wet Grinder
One of the most important things to look for in wet grinder is its durability. Elgin Ultra Dura+ is one most durable and reliable wet grinders in the market currently. Coupled with its sleek and aesthetic design it’s one of the best wet grinders in India. Here are its many features.
- The grinder is made of AISI stainless steel drums making it extremely durable.
- These drums are also rustproof enabling long term storage of batter.
- This grinder is equipped with a heavy-duty motor that provides a perfect and fast grinding at a steady speed without any heat generation.
- The patented conical grinding stones further ensure less heat generation during grinding.
- The capacity of 1.25 in this wet grinder ultra is best suited for all your grinding needs.
- An additional batter cleaner attachment helps completely remove the grinding stones.
- Owing to the bigger size and rust-free property of the drum of this wet grinder ultra, batter can be stored in it.
- Additional attachments like the conical coconut scraper enable a finely scraped coconut for tastier dishes.
- ease of use and maintain;
- powerful motor to optimize operation;
- The drum is large and built for multipurpose use;
- Extra optional attachments for extra operations.
- It’s ideal for small families. Capacity could have been a little better to suit larger families.
Elgi Ultra Grind+ Gold 2-Litre Table Top Wet Grinder
This wet grinder ultra is an improvement on the model described above by Elgi. Let’s take a look at the features.
- Keeping in mind with the minor drawbacks of the previous model, Elgi has increased the capacity of the drum from 1.25 to 2-litres.
- Despite the larger capacity and heavy-duty motor, the wet grinder ultra-Gold+ is quite lightweight owing to its ABS body.
- It comes equipped with a 150W heavy-duty motor which ensures a smooth fast operation with minimal heat generation.
- It also comes equipped with the patented conical stones which ensure ideal fermentation increasing the efficiency of the appliance.
- The capacity of 2-liters is suited for a large family which makes it one of the best wet grinders in India.
- The higher capacity of 2-litres;
- 5 years warranty;
- ease of use and maintain;
- The powerful motor ensures efficiency and performance.
- Slightly noisier than its sibling.
Panasonic MK-SW200BLK Wet Grinder
When it comes to electronics and home appliances, the reliability of Panasonic as a brand is unrivaled. This wet grinder with its aesthetic good looks is a must-have for every home. Here are its features.
- The drum is made from 304-grade rust-resistant stainless steel. This means you can easily store batter in the drum without any fear of the ingredients getting ruined.
- The appliance comes with a transparent cover which enables you to inspect the ingredients at your convenience.
- The motor is of high capacity churning out 240 W motor which is adept at efficient and powerful operation.
- The round grinding stones ensure optimal grinding by rotating in unison.
- A powerful motor capable of catering to a medium-sized family;
- easy to clean and maintain;
- suitable for a variety of dough;
- Rust-free stainless steel.
- Slightly noisy.
Butterfly Rhino 2-Litre Table Top Wet Grinder
This brand is much more common in South Indian families and is known for making several kitchen appliances. While the name of this brand is not widespread, this table top wet grinder is worth considering due to its many features. Let’s take a look at its features
- This tabletop wet grinder comes with an ABS high-grade plastic which makes it extremely durable.
- In spite of being a tabletop wet grinder, this has a capacity of 2-litres which makes it one of the best wet grinders in India.
- The tabletop wet grinder comes with a secure lock system for smooth operations and uniform grinding of batter with utmost efficiency.
- There are ventilating features on the appliance that enables easy dissipation of heat.
- The transparent lid allows you to monitor the progress.
- It comes equipped with a powerful motor of 150W for optimal performance.
- weighs only 11kg making it portable and perfect as a tabletop wet grinder;
- A powerful appliance equipped to handle heavy input;
- rust-resistant drum enables long term storage;
- Easy to use
- Brand usage is localized in certain parts only.
Elgi Ultra Bigg+ 2.5-Litre Table Top Wet Grinder
Another brilliant product from Elgi, this wet grinder is powerful and one of the best wet grinders for your home. Here’s a look at its features.
- This tabletop wet grinder comes equipped with a powerful motor which produces minimal sound.
- This wet grinder ultra-also is safe to operate owing to a handy Auto shut off feature which further protects the appliance from overloading.
- The tabletop grinder has a capacity of 2.5-litres and an easy-grip handle for ease of usage.
- The appliance comes with a knob with 3-speed control setting for ease of usage.
- There is an anti-slip vacuum feet to steady the appliance during operation.
- It also is equipped with AISI grade stainless steel that is rust-resistant.
- Very powerful and heavy-duty motor;
- lightweight and portable owing to a weight of 14.6kg;
- 5 years warranty.
- Slight noise is made which is usual with the powerful operation.
Butterfly Smart 150-Watt Table Top Wet Grinder
As discussed before, Butterfly as a brand produces quality home appliance in a reasonable affordable range for your everyday use. This smart table top wet grinder from the butterfly is no such exception and is loaded with features that make your life much easier. Let’s look at some of its features
- It has a very durable motor churning out 150W motor which ensures hassle-free, efficient operation.
- This handy table top wet grinder is made of ABS plastic body which is durable making it shockproof and heat resistant.
- The round stones in the grinder ensure perfect grinding to produce soft batter.
- The ventilator attached to the appliance helps regulate the temperature of the appliance making it one of the best wet grinders for everyday use.
- It is lightweight making it portable and a perfect tabletop grinder.
- best for making the softest quality batter;
- 5 years warranty;
- ease of use with incomparable performance;
- aesthetically pleasing
- The powerful motor is slightly noisy.
Pigeon Platino 12726 2-Litre Wet Grinder
Top 10 best wet grinders in India
When it comes to a good performance at a cheaper price and appliances which are easily repairable, Pigeon is the answer. This wet grinder from Pigeon is one of the best wet grinders and therefore very popular in Indian household. Here’s a look at some of its features
- This appliance has an ABS shockproof and rustproof body which makes it durable and elegant.
- The high-quality grinding stone ensures a fresh and uncontaminated batter.
- It comes equipped with an unbreakable lid made of food-grade polycarbonate material.
- The steel drum is detachable making it easier to store batter and also to clean properly.
- The advantage of Pigeon being an Indian brand is all the additional attachments like coconut scrapers and kneaders are free.
- It has a capacity of 2-litres which makes it ideal for all the needs of a large family.
- easily serviceable;
- less noise due to advanced interlocking feature;
- Additional attachments are included and not to be bought.
- There is a heating issue after 10-15 min of continuous use.
Butterfly Rhino Plus 150-Watt Wet Grinder
Another product from Butterfly features in this list. Let’s take a look at some of its features.
- It’s a smart appliance that ensures a reduced cooking time.
- A special ventilator arrangement reduces the heat produced by the heavy-duty motor.
- The ultra-Atta kneader attachment ensures effective and consistent dough necessary for making fine rotis and paranthas.
- The design ensures a shockproof performance.
- This grinder comes equipped with four jars which can be used to make juice, chutneys or grinding raw materials making it a very versatile wet grinder.
- An easy to use 3-speed knob further ensures that you are in complete control all the time.
- aesthetic looks with ease of cleaning and maintenance;
- overload protection
- Slightly noisy operation
Preethi Iconic WG 908 2 Liter Wet Grinder
One more indigenous brand that makes some of the best home appliances in India is Preethi. The Preethi Iconic WG wet grinder is one of the best wet grinders that blends and grinds ingredients perfectly. Let’s look at its features.
- The appliance comes equipped with a motor overload protector and an auto shut off feature for added protection.
- The batter cleaner attachment enables easy cleaning of the conical stones.
- The multi-utility drum with a capacity of 2-liters is ideal for storing the batter after completing the grinding.
- The appliance comes with a regulator to help you control the speed at which you intend to operate the appliance.
- Leakage is prevented by a leak-proof design.
- The compact design makes it easy to use;
- Lightweight means it’s portable.
- Slightly noisy operation
Bajaj WX1 150-Watt Table Top Wet Grinder
Top 10 best wet grinders in India
This wet grinder from Bajaj is the last on the list and is worth looking into. Here are some of its features
- It is equipped with smart technology, vacuum feet and powerful motor.
- It has a reliable and fast service simplifies the process of cooking
- The stainless steel design makes it elegant and sturdy.
- It has a capacity of 2-litres means, ideal storage for processing items for a medium Indian family.
- The speed regulator comes with inch controls to ensure more control at your fingertips.
- Vacuum feet ensure stability while operation.
- It has grinding stones which are uniquely placed at a tilted angle to maximize grinding for a consistent batter.
- Elegant and compact design;
- Brand of Bajaj with large numbers of service centres
- 2-years warranty
- Comparatively low motor power i.e.150 Watt motor
Now that we have looked at the 10 best wet grinders currently in the Indian market, we shall shift your attention to the certain factors that need to be considered before you set out to buy the wet grinder best suited for your needs.
Top 10 best wet grinders in India – A buyer’s guide
Currently, the wet grinders in the Indian market can be classified into three types
Regular Wet Grinders
- These grinders are usually reserved for commercial purposes and can commonly be seen in hotels and restaurants.
- Its design is simple where a steel rod holds the grinding stone in place using an iron belt.
- Grinding is achieved by a rotating drum when the power is switched on giving you excellent batter.
- The major drawback is owing to its size and weight these wet grinders are not ideal for domestic use.
- Cleaning is also difficult as leakage or batter overflow can happen.
Table Top wet grinder
- These types of wet grinders are ideally suited for domestic and are smaller with 1.25 to 2-litres capacity.
- Owing to its smaller capacity they are compact and are therefore more useful as table top wet grinders.
- The drum rotates when power is switched on.
- The grinding stones are in contact in the inner side of the drum which also rotates. This means, that the grains and pulses are trapped in the stones for grinding.
- The drum is detachable and can also be used for storage owing to them being rust-free.
- Owing to these features, these types of wet grinders are more popular in Indian homes
Tilting wet grinders
- A slight problem with tabletop normal wet grinder is that it becomes heavy when filled with dough.
- The tilted wet grinders solve this issue by allowing the batter to easily overflow out of the container by just tilting the appliance.
- One major problem is if the drum is attached to the grinder, the cleaning becomes difficult. The best aspect of wet grinders is the detachable drum capacity.
Furthermore, let us now look at some of the features of wet grinders that are standard for all wet grinders
The capacity of wet grinders is calculated in terms of Liters. Capacities differ from wet grinders models. The capacity is varied from 1.25 to 15 litres. So you can choose your wet grinder depending on the capacity you need.
The material of drum
The drum is the place where all the magic happens. Stones and steel are the materials used. The stones get degraded with repeated use over a long time. Therefore, high-quality drum material is prescribed while choosing a wet grinder.
Since a lot of power is required to operate the machinery, overloading is a concern. Hence, wet grinders are equipped with overload protection with an indicator to reduce the load when necessary increasing life of the grinder.
A tilting wet grinder is good when it comes to efficiently remove the batter from the drum just by tilting the appliance. However, cleaning can be a challenge if the drum is not removable.
The Number of grinding stones
The number of stones used varies with the wet grinder in question. There can be two or three grinding stones. The shapes of the stones are also different from the conical shaped stone being the most common. Regular wet grinders come with one stone whereas tabletop grinders have more than one. Multiple stones increase the efficiency of grinding.
FAQs: Top 10 Best Wet Grinders in India
Generally, the wet grinders uses granite stones to grind and as a result in many parts the wet grinders are also known as stone grinders.
Wet grinders are designed to work with large quantity batter and hence you might not get good result with the chutney unless you are planning to make in large quantity
In the wet grinders, there are granite stones which moves on another stone in the process the cereals that comes in between gets grinded. The major sound is due to the rubbing of the stones. You might remember those old method used in our homes when our mom used to have a big size stone piece and she used to rub another small stone to make chutneys etc.. The wet grinders uses same principle but nowadays the machine uses electricity to move the stones over another.
Wet grinder takes approximately 20 minutes to complete one cycle to give you enough batter. However, most of you might think to use your food processor. Food processors might take much more time to do the same thing as you need to do the job in smaller batches.
From the above discussion, we hope that we have been able to provide a complete idea about the factors to consider along with the top 10 best wet grinders in India before procuring the best wet grinder well suited for your everyday needs.
However, in case you have further queries or would like to share your views, feel free to post in the comment section below.
Check more trending posts from our authors:
Only use the below comment form to ask your queries & share your experience. We may take a day or two to reply to your comments and queries. Please don’t use the comment section for backlinks as it will not be approved. However, for the backlink, partnership and advertisement related queries kindly contact us at [email protected]
Thanks for your coordination & support!