Elliptical Cross Trainers are exceptional tools for a great full-body workout at home and at the gym. They have become quite the rage for fitness enthusiasts throughout owing to their health benefits. In contrast to the motorized treadmills, these elliptical cross trainers do not put any unnecessary strain on your joints making it the best kind of fitness equipment for people of all types, especially for individuals with joint pains and elderly people who want to stay fit. However, it becomes critical for you to choose the right kind of elliptical cross trainers that suits your needs perfectly. To address this issue, we have prepared this article in which we will provide you with a detailed review of the 8 best elliptical cross trainers in India along with a comprehensive buyer’s guide.
8 best elliptical cross trainers in India -Review
In this section, we are going to list out the top 8 best elliptical cross trainers in India that you can purchase online. However, we request you to also go through our quick buyer’s guide to know more about the factors you should keep in mind while selecting your best elliptical cross-trainers. Now, let us first start with our top picks.
4.3 out of 5, 580+ reviews
Welcare is one of the most trusted fitness equipment maker brands in India and this WC0644 elliptical cross trainer is one of the best cross trainers in India. Let’s take a look at its features
- This elliptical cross trainer has a large 16-inch LCD display screen which shows your stats of calories, distance, time, scan, heart rate, etc. (cross trainer benefits).
- This best cross trainer comes with an adjustable seat to suit your height during workouts (best cross trainer machine).
- It has a big stride length of 14 inches along with 8 levels of manual magnetic resistance
- The bigger stride length provides you with a smooth workout experience without any stress on your knees and ankles (best cross trainer machine).
- The flyweight weighs 5 kgs which are capable of supporting 90 kg of user weight and helps to increase your workout speed thereby enhancing your workout outputs (cross trainer benefits).
- 16-inch large LCD screen
- Two-way flywheel rotation
- Extra-wide comfortable pedal size
- Low noise
- Wheels for transport
- 1-year warranty
- No free installation. Have to do it yourself.
For current pricing click on the link below
Reach Elliptical Cross Trainer Machine for Cardio Fitness – Best all round elliptical cross trainer machine
4.6 out of 5, 71+ reviews
If you are constrained on the budget but still are looking for a premium elliptical cross trainer then Reach has all the solutions for you. This Reach Elliptical Cross Trainer machine is one of the best cross trainer machines best suited for your cardio workout at home. Here are its features
- This best cross trainer machine comes with 8 levels of mechanical resistance.
- This cross trainer has an LCD display with a tablet holder where you can put your iPad and sync with your cross trainer to monitor your work out sessions.
- The best cross trainer comes with an adjustable tension knob which helps you to easily alter the resistance for an optimal workout (cross trainer benefits).
- This best elliptical cross trainer comes with an 8kg flywheel with an 18-inch stride length making it ideal for home use.
- This best cross trainer comes with wheels to enable ease of transportation.
- 8 Kg flywheel weight with 8 levels of mechanical resistance and an 18-inch stride length
- Anti-shake leg support with anti-slip pedals.
- Can support 100 kgs of user weight
- Premium build quality
- Display could have been better
For current pricing click on the link below
3.9 out of 5, 25+ reviews
PowerMax Fitness is one of the best fitness equipment brands in India which is well known for providing premium quality elliptical cross trainers at affordable prices. This EH-250S is one of the best cross trainers in India which is a dual elliptical cross trainer that works also as an exercise cycle. Here are its features
- This best elliptical cross trainer has an adjustable seat, both vertical and horizontal that accommodates fitness enthusiasts of different heights.
- The elliptical cross trainer comes with a 4Kg flywheel and 8 level manual resistances (cross trainer benefits). This enables the cross trainer to support a maximum weight of 110Kgs.
- This best cross trainer has a double-action handle which is perfect for your optimal upper body workout.
- It also has anti-slip pedals which means you don’t have to worry about slipping while doing the elliptical workouts.
- This elliptical cross trainer also has a small LCD display that displays your stats like time, distance, speed, calories, and hand pulse rate.
- Horizontal and vertical seat adjustable
- Durable build quality
- Operation is quiet
- Smooth tension resistance knob
- Anti-slip pedals
In hindsight, a 6 kg flywheel could have been desirable
For the current pricing click on the link below
4.0 out of 5, 11+ reviews
Aerofit is one of the best-known fitness equipment makers in India and the AF 601 ES is one of the best elliptical cross trainers in India. Here are its features
- This best cross trainer has an ergonomically designed adjustable seat along with a 5kg flywheel with 8 levels of mechanical resistance (best cross trainer machine).
- The handlebar is U shaped for comfortable hand resting during your workout sessions.
- The best cross trainer has a built-in heart sensor that displays your heart rate on the LCD display screen on the cross-trainer.
- This elliptical cross trainer has extra-wide pedals and self-balanced which accommodates feet of all sizes (best cross trainer machine).
- The 5 Kg flywheel in the cross trainer can support a maximum user weight of 100 kgs
- The operation is silent owing to the super silent poly-V belt-driven system
- High quality built
- Extra-wide pedals
- Silent operation
- The center design drive system with adjustable seat
- Customer support system needs to be improved.
For current pricing click on the link below
Cockatoo CE03 ADVANCE Elliptical Cross Trainer –Best premium elliptical cross trainer brand in India
4.3 out of 5, 135+ reviews
This elliptical cross trainer model form Cockatoo is an advanced cross trainer that provides you with 8 levels of manual magnetic resistance and provides all the cross trainer benefits you need to stay in shape. Here are its features
- This is one of the best cross trainers in India which boasts of a 6kg flywheel and 2 way bearing for enhanced and best workouts (best cross trainer machine).
- With this best elliptical cross trainer, you can target both the upper and lower body and it is perfect for users who are unable to go out for jogging due to knee or joint issues (cross trainer benefits).
- This elliptical cross trainer comes with hand pulse sensors which easily tracks your heart rate during your workout sessions
- The LCD screen displays your stats regarding speed, time, distance, speed, calories, pulse, ODO etc. (best cross trainer machine).
- Can support a maximum user weight of 120 Kg
- Durable built quality
- Inclined pedal movement up to 12.82 degrees
- Affordable and value for money
- Calorie burn stats may not be always accurate
For current pricing click on the link below
LifeCare Fitness Orbitrek 4 In 1 Elliptical Machine -Best affordable elliptical cross trainer machine
3.8 out of 5, 115+ reviews
This Orbitek elliptical cross trainer is one of the best cross trainers in India. The Orbitek 4 in1 elliptical machine is a multipurpose elliptical cross trainer machine which can be used as an arm-rower, stepper, stair climber, and an exercise bike. Here are its features
- One of the best elliptical cross trainer machines which help to simulate walking and running without putting undue stress on your joints or knees. Hence, this elliptical cross trainer machine is ideal for seniors also.
- This best elliptical cross trainer machine provides complete body workout at home and perfectly targets your upper and lower body muscles (cross trainer benefits).
- The elliptical cross trainer comes with a digital meter that displays your stats like time. Distance, speed, and calories burned (best cross-trainers).
- This best elliptical cross trainer machine has a 16-inch stride length and can support a maximum user weight of 80 Kg.
- Adjustable seat
- 4 in 1 full-body workout machine
- Decent build quality
- Easy transportation
- Easy for knees and joints
- The default seat is hard and uncomfortable for long workouts
For current pricing click on the link below
Cockatoo OB-04 Exercise Bike cum Elliptical -best premium elliptical cross trainer machine brand in India
3.3 out of 5, 31+ reviews
Last in this list is this elliptical cross trainer machine from Cockatoo which is an excellent value for money. This is the best elliptical cross trainer machine for all individuals irrespective of their age and condition. Let’s take a look at its features
- This is a 2 in 1 elliptical trainer with aerobic twister which makes it perfect for total body workouts (cross trainer benefits).
- The digital display shows time, speed, distance covered, calories burned, etc.
- The seat has 4-way adjustment features making it comfortable for an efficient workout (cross trainer benefits).
- Design is sturdy in nature
- This best elliptical cross trainer is capable of supporting a maximum user weight of 100 kgs.
- Full body workout equipment at an affordable price
- Durable quality
- 4-way seat adjustment
- Premium look at affordable price
- The seat is a bit harder without a cushion cover
- Handles not easily reachable when you are sitting and cycling
For the current pricing, click on the link below
Afton is one of the best brands for exercise equipment in India and produces quality products that are durable, of high quality, and provides good power as well. The FX-400 elliptical cross trainer is one of the best cross trainers in India and mainly aimed at high-level fitness enthusiasts or athletes. Let’s take a look at its features
- This best cross trainer comes with a magnetic resistance from 1 to 20 levels.
- This best cross trainer also has a built-in HR sensor in its telemetry grip and chest belt to monitor your heart rate (cross trainer benefits).
- It has a manual incline ramp of 10 to 15 degrees.
- This best cross trainer has 10 program settings like manual, hill, cardio, strength, fat burn, interval, 2x user, and 2x HR controlled menu options (cross trainer benefits).
- The elliptical cross trainer has a display with a backlit LCD display that displays information that tracks your calories, shows the distance, time spent on the machine, heart rate, body fat, etc. (cross trainer benefits).
- This elliptical cross trainer has a flywheel of 10.5 kg which makes it ideal for athletes and fitness enthusiasts.
- To make your exercise more comfortable and fun, this is one of the best cross trainers that comes with built-in speakers with mp3/ipod connectivity as well as a cooling fan.
- To make it easier to use, this elliptical cross trainer comes with transport wheels to help you move the equipment from one place to another.
- Build quality is premium
- There are multiple built-in workout programs for all your workout requirements (cross trainer benefits)
- 20 levels of resistance with heavier with a heavy flywheel
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Big stride length
- Really expensive, ideal for fitness enthusiasts and athletes
Click on the link below to check the current prices
8 best elliptical cross trainers in India – A Buyer’s Guide
As you have gone through our top picks of best elliptical cross trainers in Indi. Now, let us look into different factors that you need to consider when choosing an elliptical cross trainer for your use, we feel it’s important that we understand the difference between the fitness equipment available for use, viz., treadmill, elliptical cross trainer and an exercise bike
A treadmill is equipment which has a rotating platform that can be used for minor to heavy cardio workout. Treadmills can be automatic and manual. Depending on your budget, you can purchase any kind of treadmill. It has to be noted that the more features you want on your treadmill, the pricier it is.
- A treadmill is the best means to improve your cardiovascular strength
- It is a piece of good equipment for long-term weight loss
- Helps improve bone density
- It helps burn more calories than elliptical cross trainers or exercise bikes
- You can customize your workouts with incline or decline features.
- Beginner level treadmills do not provide full-body workouts
- It is not suitable for the elderly and people with joint pains
- To get a good quality treadmill, you will have to spend a good deal of money
Exercise bikes allow you to simulate an outdoor cycling experience from the comfort of your home or even your gym
- It helps you to increase your heart rate for burning your feet without putting any undue stress on your knees, ankles, feet or hips.
- The workout is easier compared to treadmills or elliptical cross trainers
- Less price
- The workout regime is not effective as compared to a treadmill or an elliptical cross trainer
- It gets boring once you get used to the exercise regime.
8 best elliptical cross trainers in India
An elliptical cross trainer is a mix between a treadmill, a Stairmaster and cycling. This type of equipment provides you with a unique combination of fitness benefits without putting any pressure on the knees, back, hips or joints
- This equipment provides both upper and lower body workouts (cross trainer benefits)
- It doubles as an exercise bike and a stepper (cross trainer benefits)
- Gives 80-80% of results that you would get from a treadmill (cross trainer benefits)
- Burns more calories than an exercise bike but less than a treadmill
- No pressure on joints (cross trainer benefits)
- Affordable (cross trainer price)
- When compared to exercise bikes or treadmills, it doesn’t have any alarming disadvantages.
Now that we have looked at the overall advantage and disadvantages of elliptical cross trainers, let us now delve into the buying guide.
Here is a list of factors which you need to consider before purchasing an elliptical cross trainer
To buy equipment without good features is a waste of time. Same is the case for elliptical cross trainers. Here is a list of a few important features or specifications you need to consider in an elliptical cross trainer
- Adjustable resistance
- Stride length appropriate for your height
- Adjustable height
- Workout Arm’s Length
- Smooth Pedals with anti-slip pads
- Silent Operation
- Wheels for ease of transport
- Digital display with heart rate sensor
- Tension Adjustment dial to increase or decrease the resistance manually
Size of the trainer is an important factor to consider as not many people will have enough space in their homes to accommodate the equipment. Therefore, it is best to choose the equipment which is compact and has wheels attached to it for ease of transportation.
Cross trainer parts and options
In this section we will discuss the different parts that make up an Elliptical Cross Trainer
Front drive or Rear drive
The front or rear drive tells the location of the flywheel on the equipment. You can choose a cross trainer with either type of drive.
However, as per the American College of Sports Medicine, an elliptical trainer with a rear-drive is more comfortable and feels much more natural when being used. On the other hand, the front-drive cross trainers do not provide that natural feel and are therefore less priced than the rear-drive models.
The stride length is measured by calculating the difference between the front and back area of the front foot. Stride length is an important factor to consider before buying a cross trainer for home use. The stride length is usually between 30 to 50 cms. Ideally, for taller users, an elliptical cross trainer with longer length of stride is preferred and shorter people can have a more compact cross trainer.
For home use, an elliptical cross trainer is designed to bear a maximum weight of 160 kg. For commercial elliptical cross trainers, the weight capacity is much higher and the prices are also increased (cross trainer price).
The flywheel weight is an important factor to consider when buying a cross trainer. Heavier flywheels will affect the resistance of your motion. Generally, most cross trainers in the market come with a minimum flywheel weight of 7 kgs. Cross trainer prices increase with increasing flywheel weight.
Cross trainers come with an LCD panel or screen that displays your progress like speed, distance, calories burned and other important information in relation to your workout regime.
There are some brands which provide console connectivity with your smartphone which helps you monitor your progress and analyse your workouts in depth.
Most of the cross trainers in the market come with in-built workout programs which are designed to help you perform workouts with the cross trainers to get the best results whether it is for weight loss or for strength training. The console helps you to access these programs easily by the simple click of a button.
Intensity and speed
As is known, all good equipment should come with options to increase the intensity of the workout. Your cross trainer should have the option to increase or decrease the resistance which governs the difficulty of your training program. To maximize your workout results, you need to increase the speed and intensity of your workout through the elliptical cross trainer.
Heart Rate monitoring
One sure fire way of checking whether you are putting maximum effort in your workout is to monitor your heart rate. Furthermore, there are heart rate zones which enable you to burn more calories than normal. Most of the elliptical cross trainers come with built-in heart sensors on the handlebars to track your heart rate. Certain expensive cross trainers (cross trainer price) comes with chest trap support which makes for more efficient heart rate tracking.
Depending on the brand and price of the cross trainer, the durability varies. Popular brands provide cross trainers which are highly durable and have better build quality as compared to cheaper brands.
Most trainers come with added safety feature like easy to stop clips which can be attached to the clothes when working out.
Price and warranty
Cross trainer price varies from one model to another and also from one brand to the other. Cross trainer price also varies with increasing features in the equipment. Cross trainer price ideally varies between Rs. 8000 to Rs. 1 lakh. Furthermore, a minimum of a 1-year warranty is also provided by the manufacturer.
Frequently Asked Questions: 8 best elliptical cross trainers in India
Ideally, a workout regime should be combined with a proper diet to maximize the benefits of working out. To get optimal results, it is advisable to exercise approximately for a time of 60 minutes per day, five days a week.
Elliptical trainers and cross trainers are both elliptical machines. The only difference is, cross trainers are ellipticals that have a few extra features that are not present in the standard elliptical models. Cross trainers can train both your upper and lower body perfectly which are not available in standard ellipticals. The ellipticals come with a stationary handle that caters to only the lower body.
Yes. Cross trainers are designed in a way that helps you to exercise multiple levels of your body which includes both your upper and lower body. Hence, it is definitely perfect equipment for weight loss.
To do the HIIT on an elliptical, the resistance on the cross-trainer needs to be increased to the maximum level as per the specific model and then a 30 min of HIIT elliptical workout every alternate day is the perfect way of doing HIIT on the elliptical. Certain models also come with built-in HIIT programs to ease your procedure.
Yes. Elliptical can help you to lose belly fat. There are several programs available that cater to losing belly fat and you can adjust your workout session and adjust the cross trainer to meet your needs.
In this article” 8 best elliptical cross trainers in India “, we have not only listed out the best elliptical cross trainers for your home but also talked about the differences between a few of the best-chosen exercise equipment for the home i.e. treadmills and exercise bikes.
Hope, you will get the best exercise equipment for your home after going through the article. However, in case you have queries or want to share your views, feel free to post it in the comment section below. Our team will be glad to assist you for the same.
Do check our other trending articles: