With advancement of technology, the ceiling fan has become one of the most common and widely used appliances in every home where even more than ceiling fan can be seen in a single room. Since every family has atleast one fan per room in their house, this makes the ceiling fan the most in demand appliance of all time. Owing to the tropical climate of India, it is a known fact that atleast one fan is always running. This brings to light the question as to what factors to consider before buying and which fans to buy. Hence, in this article we will be presenting a review on the Top 10 Best Ceiling Fans in India- Review and Guide.
Top 10 Best Ceiling Fans in India- Review
Let us start by first understanding which ceiling fans are the best, currently in India.
The desire for automatic control has also been transferred to this model wherein a remote control technology has been incorporated to operate the fan. This remote control operated energy efficient model from Gorilla is one of the smartest and one of the best designer ceiling fans in India. Here’s a look at some of its features
- Innovative and next generation remote control operation with multiple modes for energy conservation.
- Best ceiling fan as it consumes only 28watts of current.
- It’s hi speed ceiling fan with a comprehensive air delivery of 220 cubic meters per minute.
- 3 times longer operation on an inverter battery ensuring longer battery life.
- Brushless DC motor ensures no heat loss.
- Noiseless, aesthetic and one of the best designer fans in India.
- Brushless DC motor conserves 65% of power
- Remote controlled
- Three operational modes of sleep, boost and timer
- Noiseless and no heat loss.
- Restricted to medium sized rooms and is a bit costly.
When the question of which is the best fan in India arises, the Orient brand always comes up with models and innovations that answer that pertinent question. This model from Orient is another innovative offering which makes it one of the best ceiling fans in India. Here’s a look at some of its features
- It is a smart fan that comes equipped with an Internet of Things technology.
- It is equipped with an inverter technology that ensures energy saving up to 40% with operation at low voltages like 140V.
- This is one of the best ceiling fans in India which provides highest air delivery compared to its current competitors in the market.
- The body is ABS rust proof and has a PU finish.
- It has a ceiling adjustable telescopic mount feature that makes it the best looking designer ceiling fans in India and a must have for your home.
- Remote control operation means ease of control without having to get up from your bed.
- The Orient Smart App is compatible with both Alex and Google smart home services.
- This smart fan provides you with programmable options like scheduling fan operation, maximum speed by turbo, reverse rotation for maximum air circulation, use sleep and breeze mode for better comfort and the in-built timer mode.
- Smart fan
- high speed and comprehensive air delivery
- designer ceiling fans in India with excellent aesthetics
- IoT incorporated.
- Needs professional aid in installing
- It’s on the costlier side.
Another model from Orient which promises to have all that is needed to be one of the best ceiling fans in India. Here’s a look at some of its features.
- Aerodynamic design to ensure powerful air throws to every corner of the room.
- Rust proof blades.
- Each blade has a high gloss finish making it an aesthetically pleasing designer ceiling fans in India.
- Noiseless operation
- It has an 18-Pole motor with double ball bearings to ensure smooth operations.
- Aesthetic and designer ceiling fans in India
- strong motor with maximum air throw
- noiseless operation.
- RPM speed does not meet the high standards
Another company that fits well into the category of best fans in India is Crompton. This model from Crompton possesses all the necessary features that make it the ceiling fan best suited for your everyday needs. Here’s a look at its features.
- 1200mm blade size ensures optimal air delivery to all room corners.
- BEE-5 rating means it’s quite energy efficient.
- Noiseless operation makes it the ceiling fan best for light sleepers and for your drawing room.
- Reliability and durability is ensured by the double ball bearing motor.
- 2 year warranty included
- value for money
- Incomparable performance with an excellent and strong motor.
- Slightly heavy
Featuring third time in this list, Orient simply redefines the question as to which is the best fan in India. This model from Orient is one of the most popular in the Indian market and has some of the best features when it comes to an everyday use ceiling fan.
- Hi speed ceiling fan.
- Aesthetic design and color scheme makes it the best fan in India for any décor in your home.
- The copper motor is reliable and efficient.
- Wide blades mean optimal delivery of air in every corner of the room.
- Angled and ribbed aluminium blades enable this fan to draw in more air and deliver it over a large area.
- Double ball bearing motor ensures smoother operations.
- aesthetically pleasing designer ceiling fans in India
- no compromise on output quality
- Greater air delivery distance.
- Heating issues in certain cases but rare.
Top 10 best ceiling fans in India
Relatively new in the Indian market, this product from the company is at par with the best ceiling fans in India currently owing to its slew of features which makes it a the ceiling fan best for everyday and continuous use in your home.
- It is a designer ceiling fan wherein the blades are differently shaped.
- It is remote operated which relieves you of the hassle of getting up in the middle of the night to adjust the speed to your liking.
- Aesthetically designed with aerodynamics designed to ensure maximum air delivery.
- Energy efficient as it consumes less power than the other fans in its range.
- 5 year warranty on the product in inclusive
- remote controlled with several features for ease of usage
- Hi speed ceiling fan with maximized air delivery; c) Energy efficient.
- The brand is relatively new in the market.
Jupiter jumps right into the smart fan competition and strives to deliver this model which is the best ceiling fan in India in the segment of smart fans. Here’s a look at some of its features
- This fan has 4 blades instead of 3 which means longer air throw.
- Hi speed ceiling fan
- Remote control operation makes it the ceiling fan best for all seasons and usages.
- Brush-less motor operation ensures production of no noise and high air delivery.
- Smart motor technology is utilized to prevent engine overheating.
- Extremely energy efficient as it consumes only 30W of power.
- 3 year warranty on the product is included.
- innovative 4 blade technology for faster air delivery
- BLDC motor for noiseless operation
- Designer ceiling fan with aesthetic looks.
- Slightly heavy due to four blades.
Top 10 best ceiling fans in India
Gorilla is relatively new in the market but is making waves by providing energy efficient, feature rich, everyday use ceiling fans in response to the pertinent question, which is the best ceiling fan in India. Since this ceiling fan best suited for all types of use, let’s look at its features that make it so
- It is one of the most economical ceiling fans in the market as it uses only 28W of power for operation.
- The Brushless DC motor minimizes power loss and reduces friction as it does not have any mechanical brush for commutation of the windings. This ensures energy conservation.
- The rotor and stator design is optimized to prevent heat loss increasing efficiency.
- Designer ceiling fan with attractive finishing making it the ceiling fan best for any room in your house.
- Air delivery of 220 cubic meters per minute makes it one the best fans in India.
- Three times longer operation of inverter battery alone maximizing battery life.
- Remote control operations to make sure you don’t need to get up from your place to control the operation.
- BEE-5 star rating to maximized energy efficiency
- Designer ceiling fan
- Power efficient
- Remote control function.
- The rod provided is quite small and a longer one needs to be purchased separately as per the room requirements.
In the category of fans, Usha has been the most trusted brand over the years. As such Usha also makes the best fan in India for all intents and purposes and this model from Usha is no exception. Hence, let’s look at the best features of this ceiling fan from Usha.
- BEE-5 star rating makes it extremely energy efficient.
- Aesthetically designed blades ensure high rate of air delivery.
- Low power consumption of 43 watts.
- Long lasting and durable due to glossy powder finish.
- High speed of 330RPM makes it the best in the industry.
- 2 year warranty included.
- Reputed and trusted brand
- high lift angle ensures optimal air delivery
- Energy efficient.
- It’s a bit costly compared to other fans in the same segment.
If it is a traditional design that catches your fancy but with modern amenities then this ceiling fan from Crompton is the ceiling fan best suited for your needs. Here’s a look at its best features
- It has a sweeping distance of 48 inches making it an immensely powerful high speed fan.
- Noiseless operation owing to double ball bearing motor.
- Output of 75W
- It has a warranty of 2 years
- Light aluminium body enabling air delivery over larger area
- Excellent air distribution with high speed operation
- aesthetic design
- Noiseless operation.
- Consumes more power than its competitors.
Now that we have reviewed the 10 best ceiling fans in India, we hope that this will aid you in understanding which is the best ceiling fan in India. Now to help you choose which ceiling fan best suits your everyday needs we are going to discuss the different criteria that you need to consider before buying a ceiling fan or in other words- A buyer’s guide
Top 10 Best Ceiling Fans in India- Buyer’s Guide
It is the general consensus, most of you must think that it’s a child’s play to choose a suitable ceiling fan and therefore not much thought is given into factors that may govern your choice.
Not all fans are the same. With the development of technology and innovative technology, several interesting features are being constantly added to the humble ceiling fan to make it even more adept at cooling your home irrespective of the room you need it in. To ease your choose let us look at some of the features you need to consider before you buy.
The most important factor to consider is how you much you want to spend on the ceiling fan. Prices of ceiling fans range between 1500 to 5000 rupees.
For BLDC fans, you have to spend in the higher range. Whereas, fans in the lower range come with double ball bearing motors.
If your budget is even more, you can stick with the smart fans with remote controls for ease of control. Your budget makes all the difference when choosing the correct fan for your needs.
Ceiling fans come in different sweep sizes ranging from 900 to 1400mm. The room size determines the sweep size of the fan. Therefore, the larger the room the bigger the sweep size of the fan with 1200mm sweep size being the most common type of ceiling fan available in the market. To give you an idea of the correlation between sweep size and room size we present you with this table for your reference.
|Fan Size (in mm)||Room Size (in sq. feet)|
|900||Less than 75|
|1050||Up to 100|
|1200||100 to 130|
|1400||130 to 150|
|More than 1400||Greater than 150|
So if your room is bigger than 140 sq ft., it is always advisable to go for more than one ceiling fan.
Design of the blade in terms of the pitch and tilt determine the effectiveness with which the air is thrown to all parts of the room in which it is installed. So a fan with a flat blade will slice through all the air and not distribute it anywhere. Therefore, blades are made with a tilt angle of 12 to 15 degrees for optimal performance beyond which the efficiency of the motor is reduced greatly increasing power usage and incurring unnecessary costs.
The BEE (Bureau of Energy Efficiency) rates fans depending on their efficiency. SO any fan utilizing 80W or more power is considered inefficient and fans with wattage consumption less than 50W are considered to be efficient.
Top 10 best ceiling fans in India
Where do you want your ceiling fan to be placed?
The placement of the fan also depends on the type of ceiling you have in the room. For example for rooms with sloping ceilings, a long rod is advised for lower placement of the fan from the ceiling for efficient cooling. It should be noted that there is a minimum distance of 24 inches between the fan blades and the ceiling. Furthermore, it should also be taken care than fans are not hung at a height of less than 6 feet from the floor level.
Top 10 best ceiling fans in India – Buyer’s Guide
Modern day fans are built as such they require very little to maintenance. However to ensure a long life and efficient performance, certain maintenance tips and procedures needs to be followed.
To ensure smooth operation, regular lubrication of the motor is advised. Modern fans come with motors with sealer bearings which ensures no need for lubrication.
With continued use, the possibility of a noisy fan increases with time. This occurs mainly due to vibrations. Fans equipped with metal containers are designed to vibrate less than their plastic counterparts. Furthermore, noise can also be reduced by changing the ball bearings in the motor. The Brushless DC motor in the modern day ceiling fans are designed to prevent such noise from ever developing.
Every fan comes with its own specific set of blades. Never interchange the blades from one fan model with another. It affects the operation of the fan.
It is advised to use the step type switch regulator than the rotating regulators as they save 30% power consumption.
Last but not the least, be sure to periodically clean the dust off the blades of the fan. Accumulated dust makes the blades heavier which reduces fan speed hampering the operation efficiency.
FAQs: Top 10 best ceiling fans in India
The Gorilla Efficio+ are the most efficient fans of all as the brand uses BLDC motor in all its fans. However, the price of the fan is also on the higher side but if you look over the long run, the Gorilla fans are actually a value-for-money. Other top brands you can go for are USHA, Crompton, Bajaj, Havells, etc
The air throw of your ceiling fan depends on the RPM, blade design, and many other factors. However, it is said that for a ceiling fan 350+ RPM will be enough for you.
A 4-blade fan with a 55W motor will going to face more air resistance and you might feel it as running slow. The 4-blade fan is better for a room with AC due to its ability to displace more air in the room at slower speed. However, for a room without AC, A 3-blade fan would perform better due to its ability to attain faster speed resulting in higher air throw speed.
Generally the high speed ceiling fans are equipped with more powerful motor resulting in attaining much higher speed and air through capability around the room.
From the above points discussed, we hope that now you can safely understand which are the best ceiling fans currently in India and different factors that should be checked before making your final decision. So what are you waiting for? Follow the links provided to get your best fans in India suited for your home.
Some of the other trending posts from our authors are
Only use the below comment form to ask your queries & share your experience. We may take a day or two to reply to your comments and queries. Please don’t use the comment section for backlinks as it will not be approved. However, for the backlink, partnership and advertisement related queries kindly contact us at [email protected]
Thanks for your coordination & support!